“average to good”

Millennium Biltmore Los Angeles
Ranked #91 of 352 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We landed after more than 30 hours of travel from South Africa and arrived at the Millienium Biltmore, LA. While the hotel is historical and architecturally amazing, the walls are paper thin. You can hear people walking in the corridors, the guests in the rooms on either side of you and their TV very clearly so as to follow their conversation.

The room was neat and spacious and nicely decorated. The concierge was very knoweldgable and gave us a few helpful hints of where to go and where to eat.

Disappointed to have two beds though instead of the king size bed we requested as we were on our anniversary.

The food in the restuarant was fantastic. Our first meal in the USA was delicious.

Room Tip: The room is neat and tidy and spacious. The shower and bathroom were very nice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Millennium Biltmore Los Angeles

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Traveled to LA on business and found this Historic property to be comfortable and the employees friendly. The property is 90 years old, and the place is well kept. The rooms were comfortable and clean, the bathrooms small and plugs were hard to find, but overall the room was just fine. There were some pretty steep valet fees to park your car $45.00 per day, be prepared.I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This type of hotel only works when the Lobby areas are maintained as Retro, but Guests' accommodation is modernised. The Hotel has many Entrance doors, but most of them are locked- really confusing for a stranger finding their way around! My room felt like part of a dark Museum, the TV unit annoyed me with it's sticking-out doors. Speaking of doors, my knees virtually touched the bathroom door, when I used the toilet!, and the decrepit basin had a substantial crack in it. The Hotel was jampacked with a Function on the weekend, and the Elevators were absolutely hopeless. Although full, it still stopped at EVERY floor, on the way down. I got out on the 6th Floor, used the stairs, and still got there before the Lift. I can praise the bed, the 10th Floor Nibbles in the Club Lounge, the gym, and the Restaurant. It's just a bit too dingy for me.

Room Tip: 1084 faced a brick wall, but was quiet
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Kendra W, Public Relations Manager at Millennium Biltmore Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for your valuable comments and sharing with us your experience. Your business is extremely important to us and we greatly appreciate your feedback. We are steadfastly committed to providing guests with a superior experience and take most seriously your concerns about your guestroom accommodations. We want to reassure you that our hotel currently is undergoing an improvement project and reinforcement of customer service training throughout the next 12-18 months to remedy the very issues you have raised. Additionally, your comments will be addressed with the relevant managers so that necessary corrective measures can be taken.

In the meantime, please accept our sincerest apologies for our performance and for having caused you disappointment and inconvenience. We hope that on your next visit to downtown Los Angeles, we will have an opportunity to restore your confidence in our hospitality.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The surprise of $40 for valet was no the kind of surprise I wanted upon arrival, however I felt there was nothing I could do so I paid.
Upon first walking into the hotel I found it stunning! I could only imagine our rooms would reflect what we were seeing in the lobby. The rooms were average, nothing special. That really didn't bother me too much. I was there for the Labyrinth of Jareth ball and really only required the room to get ready and to sleep.
At checkout is when I had my problems. We called downstairs for a bellhop and were told he would be there immediately. We then waited for 2 HOURS for a bellhop to arrive at our room. We had to call the front 3 times asking if one was coming and they just told us that one was on the way.
When the bellhop finally came to our room and collected our bags, he told us they would be in the lobby in 15 minutes or so. I continued downstairs to checkout and send for our car. I waited for 30 minutes before I asked the bellhops where my bags were. They told me they were almost at the lobby and to just be patient. By this time, the valet was breathing down my neck to hurry up and take my car. An hour passed and my bags had still not made it to the lobby. I asked again and the bellhops became very impatient with me and told me they would get them down in due time and to be patient. Our bags finally arrived 1 hour and 45 minutes after the bellhop took them from our room! I contacted the hotel staff afterwards and was told that they were sorry, but they were busy and there was nothing to be done about it. I felt, very much, that I was snubbed for being young and not paying full price since I was there with the LOJ ball. There were plenty of people who came downstairs after me, got their bags promptly and departed without problems. I was extremely disappointed and wish that Labyrinth would partner with another hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ashley H

Thank you for your valuable comments and sharing with us your experience. Your business is extremely important to us and we greatly appreciate your feedback. We are steadfastly committed to providing guests with a superior experience and take most seriously your concerns about bell service upon your departure. We want to reassure you that our hotel currently is undergoing an improvement project and reinforcement of customer service training throughout the next 12-18 months to remedy the very issues you have raised. Additionally, your comments will be addressed with the relevant managers so that necessary corrective measures can be taken.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I was at the hotel for a convention and stayed for a few days afterward to sight-see. My room was on the 9th floor and faced Pershing Square, so while there was a bit of noise during the day, it certainly didn't keep me up at night. While the room and bathroom weren't as large as those in more modern hotels, I thought it was well laid out and spacious enough. Everyone at the hotel is focused on service; they smile and greet you as you're walking down the halls. I had absolutely no complaints.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The entrance to this hotel is great, the lobby look really good and impressive, but! There is a lot of problems with this hotel. First of all, there are only 4 elevators, and in the rush time, when we've done are check inn, we waited with are suitcases for a long time. Finally, when we reached to our room, we can't not notice to the old hallway, and it took really long time to find our room. When we enter to the room, we immediately saw that the room has no photos on the wall at all! And in top of that, there were about only 1 lamp - which create a really dark and unpleasant room. Also, the view from the room was pretty boring (a real disappointment with this kind of location). When we tried to turn up the T.V, for some reason the T.V wasn't worked. We went to the reception and they send a technician, that came after 10 minutes. After about an hour, we got down to the reception and told them that the room feel dark and they said that they will add some photos and lamps. In the morning we went to Universal studios and to others places in the city, and we comeback to the hotel in the afternoon. After we saw that there has no change in the room, we went to the reception, once again. They asked us if we want to change our room, and we refused, mostly because this was our last night. After about 2 hours they add 3 lamps. Which has really improved the vibe and the feeling in the room, but it wasn't enough, and most of all to late. But, I have to say that the room was a good size room. Another thing that bother us is the lack of free wi fi around the hotel.
Overall, the hotel is fine, the location is good, but there is a lot of improvers and changes to do in this hotel.
*We stayed in this hotel in the end of August 2013.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I get that it is historic. Maybe because I was there for business I really just cared about the comfort of the rooms. They need some work.

Bathrooms are old and antiquated.

The breakfast buffet has good basics but could use some more choices. Service, however, was very good.

Room Tip: Do not get the rooms on the street side....very noisy.
1  Thank joshj739