“Great Stay once again!”

Ranked #133 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Stay once again!”
Reviewed 6 September 2005

I have been to this area several times lately because my youngest is going to college at USC :)
I have always had a great stay, and the staff has been very accommodating to me and my family.
I just recently found out about this site from my son. I was shocked to read above comments. This place is my home away from home, and I will be coming out to this area several times for the next four years.

• Stayed August 2005, travelled on business
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Korean first
San Francisco
Reviewed 29 July 2005

I own my own company and had brought my staff and myself to LA for a convention down town. We really only used the hotel to sleep at.
We had to endure night after night noise of beligerent drunk people and children who were staying in the other rooms. I wasn't even able to use the pool because I felt unsafe about the neighborhood, and the other guests at the hotel.

Things were stolen out of our room, probably by housekeeping. Upon check out they accused us of stealing a cable box from the room. We were accused of being the ones who made all the noise, and told that we would be charged for things that were never even in our room to begin with.

When we refused to pay the large amount of money they claimed was the cost of the items, the manager became violent, threatened to call the police and charged our credit card anyway. I have never been treated like this by a hotel staff, and am considered a valued guest at other hotels.

The experience was so bad, I am now pressing charges against the hotel for fraud and harrasment . If you stay here, be prapared to loose sleep, be accused of crimes , lose valuable items that belong to you, and make sure to bring your lawyer.

• Stayed July 2005, travelled on business
7 Thank Robert F

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

st. louis
Reviewed 4 April 2005

My daughter and I stayed here visiting the University of Southern California (just down the street) based on a trip advisor review. Everything in the review was accurate. The hotel was not much to look at from the outside, but the rooms were clean, decently furnished, and a decent size. The beds were very comfortable, too. There was an Internet terminal in the office available for guests' use. I had no safety problems walking to and from the University during the day. Also, it was pleasant to jog around Exposition Park and the museums (across the street from USC) in the morning. I did not see many other joggers in the morning, but a lot of people seem to jog there after work. Given the rate I got, $85, I felt like it was a bargain for visiting USC, along with other downtown sights--Museum of Natural History, China Town, Olvera Street, the fashion district, etc.

• Stayed March 2005
7 Thank julie5000
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 January 2005

We have a son at USC and have become frequent travelers to LA. We have stayed here, at the Radisson, and the Wilshire Grand as well. This is a budget hotel, motor court style, with decent beds. Fine Coffee shop, The Grinder, at the front. LAPD eats there alot and it is kinda nice having the police cars parked out front. Minimal continental breakfast offered- rolls, bagels, coffee, sunny delight.. You can walk to lots of other inexpensive resaturants both chain and locally run. Pool in the center adds a bit of charm. You are in the big city and will see street people that won't hassle you. It is a quick walk to USC. Football fans stay there on game days. There is such a lack of hotels near to USC that if you want to stay close to USC and the Radisson is full, you can at least have more money in your pocket for other fun things if you stay here. The desk help was professional. There is a computer terminal in the office, which is handy. Parking is free- a LA rarity.

24 Thank A TripAdvisor Member