Great location, impressive aesthetics, friendly front desk staff, and attentive valet parking staff. Unfortunately, that's where the positives end.
The negatives started upon our arrival on a Friday afternoon. Only the doorman was working along Flower entrance, and there was absolutely no help with unloading our car full of luggage. There were no bell carts available nor were there any bellhops. The luggage was unattended along a high pedestrian traffic area, that my father felt compelled to watch them like a hawk because the solo staffer working was distracted managing other guests. After check-in, with still no sight of the bellhops, we decided to take our luggage up ourselves. We passed two bellhops on the way to the elevators, and we were denied the use of the bell carts. Fine. What exacerbated our concern that our luggage would've been mishandled was when those same bellhops tied to deliver us other people's luggage after we've been in the room for awhile. Very poor process-- totally left a bad taste in the mouth from the get go.
The rooms were TINY. Perhaps we were give the tiny rooms as we booked through Priceline, who knows? I don't even want to know how much it would've been at full price. And where are the electrical outlets to accommodate the chargers for the various electronic equipment your customers travel with? And I can't believe you still charge for wifi.
We opted to stay at a different hotel for the second evening, which offered exponentially better amenities, larger rooms, and just as great a location. I would definitely choose them or any other hotel the next time I stay in L.A.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegantly presiding over the City of Angels, The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites provides the ultimate urban oasis in the heart of the business district. An international symbol that has come to represent the beauty and sophistication of the city itself, this famous Westin Los Angeles hotel is one of the most photographed destinations in the world. Stroll through our atrium lobby and you'll immediately see why. Whether you're visiting for a leisurely weekend getaway, business meeting or special event, our downtown Los Angeles accommodations define the essence of modern luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Bonaventure Hotel Los Angeles
- The Westin Bonaventure Hotel And Suites
- Westin Bonaventure Hotel
- Westin Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Westin