I give the WESTIN BONAVENTURE HOTEL in downtown Los Angeles, CA, a solid 4-stars for the GREAT staff. Everyone from the bellboys to the check-in desk to the room service waiter was A+.
My room was on the 24th floor with great views of the city and the room was spotless. They provide complimentary bottled water and Starbuck's coffee in the room (you have to brew it), which also has a small refrigerator. Each room also has a bathrobe and comes stocked with shampoo, conditioner, soap, alarm clock, iron, ironing board, and hair dryer.
There are also plenty of outlets for your electronic devices, one is on the side of the writing desk, so you can recharge anytime.
You can order room service 24 hours a day, you're only limited to menu selection, but it's expensive because there's two service charges, which doesn't include tip.
The only issues I had with the room was that there was hardly any water pressure in my sink, but the bath worked fine. Also, the television has some HD channels but a lot of them didn't come in very clear. The premium channels were Showtime, Showtime Extreme, and another Showtime channel, along with local channels.
Another thing that wasn't good was the soda vending machine on my floor was out of order and the ice machine stopped working temporarily, so I had to go to the floor below me to get ice and soda.
Dog Owners: The 4th floor has a large grassy area so they can relieve themselves, but bring your own poopy bags. You access this floor by taking the elevators either down or up to the 3rd or 5th floor, the elevator doesn't stop on the 4th floor, and then walk the stairs.
Many of the restaurants and shops inside the hotel were closed down, the rest being fast food places and sundry type shops selling brick-a-brack, so that was a little disappointing. There's a fast food place in there called the Happy Cow Diner that makes a really good Pho, so check it out.
The very famous restaurant at the top of the hotel is still operating, but I didn't go up there. It sounded expensive and I don't think I was properly dressed for it.
If you can afford it, and just want to fulfill a need to stay at what was once a very POPULAR hotel, then try it out. Just don't get your hopes up too high and you'll have a nice trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegantly presiding over the City of Angels, The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites provides the ultimate urban oasis in the heart of the business district. An international symbol that has come to represent the beauty and sophistication of the city itself, this famous Westin Los Angeles hotel is one of the most photographed destinations in the world. Stroll through our atrium lobby and you'll immediately see why. Whether you're visiting for a leisurely weekend getaway, business meeting or special event, our downtown Los Angeles accommodations define the essence of modern luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Bonaventure Hotel Los Angeles
- The Westin Bonaventure Hotel And Suites
- Westin Bonaventure Hotel
- Westin Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Westin