“Perfect night's stay”

The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
Ranked #49 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We booked this room through Priceline and were greatly pleased with the service, location, and room. We were easily able to upgrade to a high room with a view, and enjoyed laying in bed watching TV and taking in the views of the city. We walked to lunch, dinner, and breakfast, and even accessed the metro easily, something we had never done in Los Angeles before even though we visit frequently. We rarely splurge for a Westin, but we were so glad we got a deal and were able to because the beds are DIVINE. Parking was pricey, but it tends to be everywhere in the city and it is just one of those things you have to suck up and consider as part of the cost of the hotel. The room was clean, the hotel was quite, and we were pleased with our stay here. We will stay again if we can get another good deal on Priceline!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Hollywood sign. Although you can rarely see it clearly because of the smo...

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Large 1500 rooms, impersonal, needs some upgrades, weak gym
Pool had loud dance party which was OK but no possible place to sit quietly
All in all decent and convenient but unlikely to go back
The whole place reeks of mediocrity

1  Thank lgppres
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I was here on the company dime for an international science fair that my organization runs. I was very happy with the service I got here. The staff was always pleasant. Room service was especially helpful. Upon getting to my room for the first time, there was a bad smell like someone was smoking in a nearby room. They deodorized the room and provided me with a can of spray and a scented candle should I continue to have the problem. That did the trick and I never had an issue again.

The view was nice as I was on the 26th floor overlooking the pool.

Amenities were very expensive though. From the bar (expected) to the laundry service (I was in town for over a week, so I needed some clothes laundered - over $130 for a few shirts, pants, short, socks and underwear).

The restaurant offers a good breakfast for $25/person. I ate/drank at the bar one night. Imported beers were about $10. The food was a bit high, but I don't remember how much to provide an example.

My wife arrived toward the end of my stay and did a walking tour of Historic Downtown LA. She really enjoyed it, so I would recommend it.

Room Tip: There are four towers (red, blue, green and yellow). My yellow tower looked down Figueroa Street an...
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Its location is great - close to everything in downtown LA. My room was fine but nothing outstanding except for the bed which was amazingly comfortable. Good linens & pillows too. The "food court" is pretty bad. The only place that was appealing was a brewery. I always like a refrigerator in the room.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

This hotel has a beautiful lobby and fabulous rotating restaurant. However, our room smelled like cigarette smoke and was dirty. The refrigerator had old food in it. The night table had trash in it. The only thing nice about the room was the view. Our room was close to the elevator which sounded like a roller-coaster going by randomly. We slept poorly.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators.
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Here is the good, bad and ugly of The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, Los Angeles...
-The good...great location; absolutely wonderful fitness center (other hotels need to see how to set up a fitness center that shows a commitment to their guests), service is good and staff is committed to their guests; parking while expensive so is everything else in LA
-The bad...rooms are small; in busy times the registration process is slow;
-The ugly...food court is an embarrassment and this hotel needs to realize that while it is not officially owned by the hotel, it is how guests view the place; hotel restaurants are fine but the food court is awful...don't even both to waste your time.

Room Tip: High rooms provide great view of the city
1  Thank Steven0528
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I have now stayed in this hotel 4 times, it's location is excellent in reach of everything LA has to offer! The room is spacious and has great views of the CBD, with everything you need for your stay! If you get chance visit the bar on the top floor! Great stay hope to visit again soon!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business