“In-room dining snafu”

The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
Ranked #50 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My order was somehow lost and I wasn't aware of this until I called room service an hour after I'd placed the order. I needed to re-place the order but thankfully the staff was accommodative and provided me a complementary dish (same one as I requested but of a smaller portion).

Other than this mixup and a uncleaned coffee maker, everything else was what I expected. The lobby is very open and a great space to work. This hotel has everything, even a barbershop and plenty of food choices.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank NHGuest
Aaron H, Marketing Team at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again very soon! We are constantly improving our guest’s experiences and appreciate your review.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I'm so glad we finally got to check this hotel out. When I come to LA I'm usually in & out so this was great. I love the location. Close to the bars.
Check out my review of LA prime which was a 3 minute walk/elevator from the room.
The service at the front desk was very friendly.
Overall the hotel is a but dated but has a lot if history. The room is comfortable & it was a good night sleep.
Nice views from the room.
They do stick it to you with the parking fee, as it seems excessive for a per night stay.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon! Thanks for the great image!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I got a great deal on this hotel in downtown LA, but got suckered into paying for parking. Parking was almost 50% of the nightly rate of the room! It was obvious the hotel was old, but it definitely had character. The rooms were tiny with two double beds, but would have been fine with one king. Bathroom was roomy enough. There's a Starbucks right across the road that is accessible by a pedestrian bridge (very short walk). And easy access to the highway, too!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DavidBLasVegas

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

The buildings are iconic but the rooms are out dated with the the Heavenly Bed making it at least a good nights rest. Service is not as responsive as you find at the top Westin's across the country. It is a central downtown LA location but this property could be so much more with some investment.

• Stayed: January 2014
Aaron H, Marketing Team at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us as we hope to see you again very soon! We are constantly improving our guest’s experiences and appreciate your review.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Parking is a rip off at $45!!!! Sneaky way of ripping people off to make money, especially people who get assigned a supposed "four star" (old rooms) on Priceline. They dont staff their check-in desks with enough people and there are long lines. And even if its your turn, they pull people from the Starwood preferred line before you even though they have their own check in kiosks. The atrium is impressive however contributing to an interesting overall stark energy. The views and glass outdoor-facing elevators are a sight to see.

They deserve to lose business over the "valet" which should be a self park.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Khash C
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I was at the Westin Bonaventure for business. The hotel has a beautiful lobby with fountains, rock pools, a nice garden cafe, and a bar at the center.

My room was comfortable with two queen beds and a work table. Due to the shape of the room (think crescent), the tv was at an odd angle for the bed on the left, but wasn't a problem since I wasn't in the room very much. The bathroom was nicely equipped but gave away the fact that this is an older property. I did like the wall mounted magnifying mirror. The bed was very comfortable and although this room was located where one of the exterior glass elevators passed directly by, the room was still very quiet. Hall noise and other room noise wasn't an issue - either there wasn't any or the walls are well insulated.

I had breakfast one morning in the hotel garden cafe. The food was excellent, but breakfast was expensive. ($30+ for yogurt and an omelette). The portions were huge, but still a bit pricey for me. There are multiple options on the 4th floor for less expensive food than what is offered in the onsite restaurants.

The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. The building and grounds were very clean and fresh. I would definitely stay there again when in L.A.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I first stayed at the Westin in 2008 and it did not disappoint. Excellent facilities, helpful staff and the beds are to die for. The breakfast menu was more than adequate. The hotel occupies an ideal location for easy access to downtown LA and Hollywood. I would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon!