“Westin Bonaventure”

GreenLeadersGold level
Great Neck, New York
“Westin Bonaventure”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

It was a very big hotel; very impressive lobby and top floor rotating bar and restaurant with the view of the city. The hotel room was particularly small and our room had a lousy view. The pool was lovely but difficult to get to.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Aaron H, Marketing Team at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
We are constantly improving our guest’s experiences and appreciate your review and comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (492)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is really impressive from the outside and the reception is also very impressive. It has great location as well.
The service level is has to be totally reconciled and standards to be reviewed.
The door man is absolutely rude and show a don't care attitude. We booked 2 rooms and 3 of us came with 10 bags. When approached the door men for help; he is not at all helpful but turned to a lady who drove in after us to greet and opened car door. There were 3 staff at that point.when we used the luggage trolley to push our baggage, he shouted across and said the luggage trolley is not meant for our luggage use ... this incident was reported to the duty manager who helped us to check us in.
To my surprise, the suite room assigned to me could not be connected to wifi when signed in only to realize that the hotel has assigned me to a room which is not registered under my name.
Someone actually knocked at my room door past midnight.
I feel all these service level shouldn't have happened in an international brand name like Westin. ..
Besides this, for only one night stay...the hotel in term of hardware is a good
property for USA standard.

• Stayed August 2014
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I knew I would get a heavenly bed, heavenly bath, etc. I was expecting noise and I am very noise sensitive. That being said I did wear ear plugs, which I do normally anyways. I had three great nights sleep, my room was facing the freeway, 28th floor. Staff super friendly. Very pleased.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon!
Pisa, Italy
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Impressive building and downtown location. Staff super friendly and understanding. That said, our experience was not a positive one and actually checked out earlier than programmed. Rooms are small, dated and very noisy. Ear-plug noisy!! They kindly made us try different rooms, but they are all the same and frankly in at the level one would expect for the price. Parking is way overpriced and valet service not very good (you have to go to the garage to pick up the car... ).

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fgrabbits
Ventura
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Central location near USC with a penthouse rotating lounge on the 35th floor with 360 views made it a special evening. Oysters, crispy fish tacos and cocktails with top notch service. Outdoor pool looked enticing, but we preferred to linger in our comfy accommodations. Nice decor, soft bed, floor to ceiling windows. What's not to like?

• Stayed August 2014
We are glad that you enjoyed the food and your stay with us as we hope to see you again soon!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My order was somehow lost and I wasn't aware of this until I called room service an hour after I'd placed the order. I needed to re-place the order but thankfully the staff was accommodative and provided me a complementary dish (same one as I requested but of a smaller portion).

Other than this mixup and a uncleaned coffee maker, everything else was what I expected. The lobby is very open and a great space to work. This hotel has everything, even a barbershop and plenty of food choices.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank NHGuest
Aaron H, Marketing Team at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again very soon! We are constantly improving our guest’s experiences and appreciate your review.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I'm so glad we finally got to check this hotel out. When I come to LA I'm usually in & out so this was great. I love the location. Close to the bars.
Check out my review of LA prime which was a 3 minute walk/elevator from the room.
The service at the front desk was very friendly.
Overall the hotel is a but dated but has a lot if history. The room is comfortable & it was a good night sleep.
Nice views from the room.
They do stick it to you with the parking fee, as it seems excessive for a per night stay.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon! Thanks for the great image!