3,172 results
All reviews downtown la revolving lounge true lies red tower heavenly bed huge hotel floor to ceiling windows starbucks coffee top floor the financial district valet parking convention center staples center lobby bar heart of downtown bit dated business hotel
Reviewed 11 November 2018 via mobile

Hotel was convenient to where I needed to go as well as DRAGO Restaurant across the street which I loved. The beds were heavenly. Air/heat were loud so we kept it shut off. Walls were thin as we could hear others talking and luggage rolling down the halls. The lobby area was very confusing to me with the 4 towers and finding the one I needed when I needed it without running around in circles. The meeting rooms were very cold. The conference food was not very good. The free breakfast was ok but they cook some of their items in a butter flavored oil that was not good-( like their eggs and the broccoli that was on the buffet. The service was good and they were friendly.

Trip type: Travelled on business
YiH277, Manager at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2018

Dear Michelewantstotravel,

Thank you for your recent visit. We appreciate you taking the time to identify and outline the challenges you experienced during your visit. Please accept my sincere apology that the hotel was found confusing and hard to navigate. I am also disappointed to find out the food quality for the conference was not up to par and I have shared your feedback with the F&B managers for correction. We wish for every aspects of your stay, especially the hospitality offered by our associates leave our guests feeling renewed and rejuvenated at the end of their stay. We do hope that our dedication to service somewhat made up for the unpleasant encounters you experienced. We ask you look at your past visit as an exception and not the rule in how we typically operate as a Westin Hotel. I appreciate your business and patronage, and I hope you will continue to stay loyal. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreicated. Thank you again for giving us the opportunity to improve and learn from your experience. We look forward to seeing you soon on your next visit to Los Angeles.

Your service team at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel and Suites

Reviewed 11 November 2018

I did not want to argue with the lady who checked me in.. being platinum elite member who stay at Starwood hotels over 100 nights a year... She did not acknowledge my commitment to the brand and talked down to me. I checked in around 7pm, I could see so many suits available, but she refused to upgrade me... stay away from this property... if i get treated like that despite staying at Starwood hotels 3 nights a week, just imaging how you would get treated.... stay away from this hotel and every Marriott/Starwood hotel... i am guessing the new take over upset lot of the property owners, they are trying to get extra $1 out of you if they can...This is the start of how a stablished brand goes down and more...

1  Thank AraB116
HongT405, Manager at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2018

Dear AraB116,

We would like to thank you for your time to provide us with your honest feedback. Your valuable feedback allow us to pinpoint on area of improvement. Rest assured that your experience is not typical of the quality of service and hospitality we offer our guests.

If possible, please contact us directly so we can look into your reservation and provide training to prevent incident like this to occur.

Once again, thank you so much for your time so we can learn from your experiences. Should you plan to return to the Los Angeles area, please let me know. It would be a pleasure to personally ensure that your next stay with us is smooth.

Reviewed 9 November 2018 via mobile

I stayed here as part of an on-site convention being held on property. The convention facilities were fine although somewhat lacking with large common spaces. The hotel room was good and had a nice view of the San Gabriel mountains. The bathroom was nicely sized and well appointed. The Starbucks in the lobby opened early and I was very thankful for that! And the pastries there, by the way, were amazing. I also ate upstairs in the Bonaventure Lounge and that was a great way to end the evening.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Aaron H, Marketing Team at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2018

Thank you for the great review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

The overall experience was that of any other Westin visit until I needed to take a walk around the building to clear my head due to the pressures of my profession interrupting a family trip. I was approached by a man by the name of David Cox, a Hispanic man in his mid 20s early 30s on November 8th initially he politely asked if I needed any assistance where I replied "no I do not, thank you" when I continued to walk around the premises among a good percentage of the other visitors as their was some sort of banquet taking place on the lower levels David once again approached me when I found a spot to sit near the restaurants where there were complementary couches for what I could only gather were for business where he then aid I would have to leave the establishment. At this point I could only grow agitated however keeping my composure as I had a conference call to discuss on vacation I kindly decided to not go through the hassle of arguing my point with this man as to why I was singled out among about another hundred more individuals mostly not of color knowing the racial climate of Los Angeles California. But if I were to be asked if this was an experience that I enjoyed a definite no. We came here to escape from the same treatment at other establishments in Los Angeles in the past. In light of the racial bias in Los Angeles from it's less than perfect history I'd definitely recommend the Ritz Carlton for an event free experience as even your profession can be a burden on vacation at times definitely a warmer, smoother environment for all demographics to enjoy.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Wrathful W
HongT405, Manager at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2018

Your experience and feedback has been forward to our Director of Security. Rest assure that we will look into this incident. Please contact us directly if you have additional information or concern.

Hong Tan
Front Office Team

Reviewed 4 November 2018

great location for a hotel , downtown just a walk away , spacious rooms with great facilities ,excellent bar atmosphere and food . There are many little shops in the floors looking down on the lobby. Fitness center well equipped. Revolving lounge on the 35th floor is a wonderful view , especially at sundown.