“Great Stay for Me. Highly Recommend.”

The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
Ranked #49 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 2 November 2010

Stayed Here Overnite this Past Weekend for Business.
Great Place, Excellent Service, Excellent Attention To Detail.
Room Very Pleasant, Cozy, Well Appointed.
Excellent View of Downtown, it was Amazing.
Valet Parking Excellent, Very Convenient, Prompt and Courteous Service.
Ate at the Grill Restaurant on the 4th Floor, it Was Excellent.
Would Highly Recommend, Happy to Stay at the Westin Bonaventure again.
Enjoy.

Reviewed 24 October 2010

Stayed here while friend was on business trip. I have comments similar to others. Hotel is somewhat dated, could use new carpet in the room, noisy from traffic (suggest higher room) thermostat off, (it was a little warm despite setting at 62 degrees) of course parking charge outragerous! (parking staff friendly and fast) I always complain about charge for internet. Concierge was helpful. The layout a little confusing, but once figured out we were fine.
Would I stay here again? yes it wasn't horrible, but would try other hotels around the area first before booking again.

1  Thank beckyras
Reviewed 20 October 2010

I stayed at the Westin Bonaventure for 5 nights during October 2010 and this is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. The primary reason not to stay at this hotel - bed bugs. I suffered around 25 bed bug bites while staying at this hotel. I reported this to the hotel and they maintain that the room was inspected for bed bugs and that no bugs were found. I asked when the room had been inspected and I was told between the hours of noon and 5pm. Well, of course they didn't find any bugs. Bed bugs hide during the day and only come out at night. I question the inspection methods of Steritech - the pest control company that they use. If they didn't find bed bugs, then why did I get 25 bites on me while staying at this hotel? I asked if there have been other infestations of bed bugs in this hotel, and the answer was "I am not authorized to answer that question." In other words, Westin is hiding a lot with their bed bug problem. Just read the reports from other travelers about bed bugs through TripAdvisor. Additionally, to make sure I do not bring bed bugs in to my home, I am now having to wash all my clothing on hot water and hot dryer cycles. Needless to say, this has ruined a few articles of clothing, which I am sure I will not be reimbursed by Westin.

The second reason not to stay at this hotel - it's filthy dirty, and not up to Westin standards. Our room had dark stains on the carpet and the bedding - disgusting! The chairs in the bar on the lobby level are very badly stained and falling apart. Our room was not cleaned very well either. I noticed that our room was never vacuumed during our 5 night stay and the bathrooms were hardly cleaned. Upon entering the room, there was hair from the previous tenant in the bathroom and fingernail clippings were never wiped away. Absolutely, disgusting.

This hotel claims to be close to the convention center, but it's really too far to walk. I would recommend staying at a different hotel altogether. This hotel shouldn't have the Westin name on it.

5  Thank JTravel111
lmccue77, Manager at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2010

We take all of our reviews regarding guest experiences very seriously. This issue was investigated immediately by an independent pest control company who determined there was zero bed bug activity in this guest’s room. We contacted the guest directly to assure her that our hotel was not the source of her problem. We have invited her to return and offered to have the room inspected prior to her arrival. Guest safety and hotel cleanliness are top priorities at the Westin Bonaventure and we always appreciate the feedback we receive that allows our team to continue to provide the highest levels of service and guest satisfaction.

Reviewed 20 October 2010

I was satisfied with this hotel. The only downfall is the parking. You can find parking on Figueroa St. between 8th and 9th street for $10 a full day. This is only good when you don't want to enter and exit the parking too many times in a day, otherwise go with the $35 valet parking of the hotel, it's worth it.

2  Thank Mahdi_110
Reviewed 14 October 2010

My husband and I went to the Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites for our anniversary. We had tickets to the Price is Right and considered staying at the CBS studios. When we saw that we could stay a Westin hotel we decided the 30 minute drive was worth it. Boy were we wrong! As many people have mentioned the hotel structure is in a circle. We were always confussed as to where we just got on and where we need to go. The pool closed early but I guess we didnt mind too much because the pool was freezing! The room was nice but nothing spectacular. My husband and I were very disapointed in our experience. We wanted to pay extra money to stay in a luxurious hotel to spend our special moments together. Our two star hotel was better than this!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank loves2travel0808
Reviewed 11 October 2010

I stayed at the W Hotel Los Angeles at the beginning of October. The hotel is located pretty much downtown and offer fast access to several of LA’s attractions. We came by car, which we parked in the hotels garage for 30 USD a night. Considering the price you pay the for the room, I think this fee is way to high despite its location in downtown LA. They gave me a room on the 22nd floor with a nice view on LA (see picture). The bed was extremely comfortable. The room included all necessary amenities. Also worth mentioning is the fitness center, which includes a small indoor running track around the towers. To use the SPA the hotel charges a fee so we did not end up using it. The same unfortunately applies for the internet. Given the price I had higher expectations.

Reviewed 11 October 2010

Made a bid on priceline for $90 and ended up here, just for one night. Overall it was nothing amazing but it wasn't bad neither.

Check in was quick and easy....ended up in a nice clean room with a decent view. To me the place seemed nice and up to date. Yes some of its age did show but nothing ridiculous,

The goods:
- Location was easy to find, right in the middle of downtown.
- Service was good and staff was nice all around
- Clean room and overall clean property

The bads:
- My friend complained of bed bugs, wasnt an issue for me
- One of the 2 key cards didn't work
- Lots of different food stores to choose from but they all close too early
- $35 for parking!! Valet was always prompt but still $35 dollars?!?!
- Wifi was kinda slow, this is a problem seeing that you have to pay for it!

Overall if I bidded and ended up at this hotel again, I wouldn't complain too much but otherwise I'd probably stay at another place first before returning here.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends