“Okay hotel, loved the pool”

Hilton Checkers Los Angeles
Ranked #59 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed at Hilton Checkers due to my daughter's cheer competition being held downtown. The hotel was nice enough, rooms are pretty small but nice. Valet was easy enough if I called down 15mins before departure. Now the pool, the kids loved this part and the view was amazing at night.
My room had a view of a brick wall

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hilton Checkers Los Angeles

Reviewed 21 April 2012

Rany C. Baroudi, Director of Operations at the Hilton Checkers and staff (Sherry) did an outstanding job at making my party of four feel very much at home. They went above and beyond the normal call of duty to ensure that our Los Angeles experience at this Hilton property was a most pleasant one.

If you are so lucky enough to encounter Sherry, the most pleasant member of the reception staff, you will see why she's a GREAT representation of superior customer service. She is a consummate professional, who made us feel very welcomed and appreciated.

If you are in the downtown LA area and looking for an excellent restaurant, please consider the Checkers. We enjoyed several out of this world meals that by far surpassed any other dining experience in Los Angeles or anywhere else.

We dined at a "celebrity chef" restaurant at LA Live, but soon realized that our food experience at the Checkers provided THE BEST in food and service.

Thanks Rany for making our first trip to Los Angeles a very memorable one!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelone2008
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Great Stay.

Location best you can get.

Suite looked down on beautiful skyline.

Walking distance to Mortons Steakhouse!

Will stay next time in LA.
A+

Room Tip: High floors have best view!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Three girls in LA for first time. Wed-Sun stay. Staff @ Hilton helped to locate manicure/pedicure for all @ a great salon, then arranged for spa services for each and finished with great room service! As if that wasn't enough, staff was helpful in every way for the rest of our stay. Oh yeah, and hotel was nice, clean and centrally located. Would recommend!!

Room Tip: We were on 10th floor. It was fine.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Checkers02, Director of Sales at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2012

We are so pleased to hear that your enjoyed your recent stay with us and "THANK YOU" for the recommendation, we hope to see you and your friends again soon !

Reviewed 15 April 2012

Rooms at the Hilton Checkers are good size, staff are helpful and friendly and the location is excellent if you're a tourist. You're in easy driving distance of Beverley Hills, Hollywood, Universal Studios etc. The valet service is reasonably priced and you can find plenty of places to eat in walking distance of the hotel whether it's for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

I'd happily recommend the Checkers if you're in LA.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I stayed at the Hilton for 4 nights from Sunday to Thursday. Overall, I would have to say that my stay was very comfortable. I was in LA for a work conference and spent most of my time there. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I've slept in so that was a huge plus for me. The toiletries were nice (I never take any when I travel since hotels supply them). I was a little unsure of the towel situation, though. I had hung my towels up but each day, it looked as though my towels had been replaced. If housekeeping just folded up my used towels and put them away, that's fine but it did make me wonder if they were clean to begin with. They smelled fine so I didn't worry about it. I had no view to speak of from my room but the windows did open up to let in a nice breeze. I went up to the pool deck but did not step in. The pool did not look appealing to me. I had room service and would highly recommend the checkers burger with fruit. The creme brulee was very tasty, as well. All in all, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I have an office nearby and frequently spend the night downtown. The hotel is just the right size. Easy to check in, bar not crowded but large enough to have all the nice features - restaurant, small roof top pool and spa, nice workout room. The rooms are beautiful and in excellent condition although a bit small. Parking and breakfast are both a bit pricey but this is a beautiful, quiet hotel walking distance to so much. A longer walk (10 blocks ) to Staples and LA Live but my favorite downtown hotel.

Room Tip: No club level and breakfast at the hotel is OK and pricey. There are several nearby restauarants tha...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business