“2012 American Music Award's”

Hilton Checkers Los Angeles
Ranked #55 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Birmingham, Alabama
“2012 American Music Award's”
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Let me begin by saying that Louis, and Isabella in the checkers lounge are absolutely the best bartenders I have ever met. They make fantastic drinks, and carry on excellent conversation. This is the 3rd year I've stayed at this property and they are part of my choice why. The property is filled with a great staff from the desk expedited check-in to the housekeepers keeping the room perfect. The hotel has a great roof-top pool/hot tub area that over looks downtown LA and at night is the perfect view. The hotel is a classic "boutique" style hotel and is in pristine condition. Parking is expensive but, it is LA. If you get the opportunity stay in this hotel located directly in the Financial/Jewelry district, really close to everything even with "LA" traffic. Beverly Hills only 15 min. away, Hollywood only 15 min. away and of course WEHO only about 20min. away.

Room Tip: Make sure you take a room that has the city view.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Seattle
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Stayed two nights at this wonderful Hilton for business earlier this month. This was one of the nicest Hiltons I've stayed at that wasn't in a resort location. Every member of the staff I interacted with was friendly, warm and welcoming. Food in the restaurant was good, but a bit pricey, which wasn't entirely unexpected. The lobby bar was comfortable and inviting and the drinks were strong. My room was very clean and comfortable, though a bit on the small side. For one person, it was fine but if I was staying here with my husband, it would have been a little claustrophobic. Overall, it was a fantastic experience and I would stay here again if given the opportunity.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,047 helpful votes
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Im a textile lover. I collect antique textile and stuffs, and in this place they display fabrics, a very nice fabric and they really know how to display it.

What makes me disappointed is, I have been requesting for every room in the same floor because we have kids and old people, then they still put us all in the different floor..
apart from it, the service was great, the hotel was clean, close to convience store. just.. the breakfast is quite boring and for 25usd per person I think its over priced, but overall this hotel was just nice.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank beautifulmatters
DonnaLewis1, Director of Sales at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this review, 10 November 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback …. We agree, the décor of the hotel is quite comforting and warm. It is great to hear that you also found our staff to be warm and welcoming, we do pride ourselves on customer service.

Unfortunately due to the popularity of the hotel, there are times when we cannot always accommodate guest specific room requests, but we definitely try to do our best especially when it comes to traveling families when it is noted in the reservations. We hope to see you again in the very near future and safes travel back to you home !
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I checked in with my friends on Oct 13 in 2 rooms with 2 beds. I appreciate that they gave me two rooms next to each other and the view was alright because there's buildings next to each other. Phillip the front desk who checked me in seems like he's having a really bad day because he doesn't smile and he didn't even greet me while I was standing there and there's no other people to check in, I have to come closer and say that I'm checking in. While checking in there's no costumer service at all, seems like he's not happy on what he's doing. He asked for my credit card and I asked him how much will he charge my card and he told me, "look in your reservation paper it should say there", I was so disappointed about his service because it's way below a hilton standard. Then when we got to our rooms I called down for some requests and it was Phillip who answered and he emmediately said, "hey I checked you in, can you and your friends don't make a noise!". By that time I was thinking, what is this dude's deal? There's 8 of us and we just got to our 2 rooms and figuring out what's our sleeping arrangements and were not even that loud. We ordered room service and housekeeping requests and both were delivered immediately and both runners were very nice and helpful. That night when everybody in my party are already in bed, I went down to the lobby for some help and there was Alex the night audit who was very helpful and friendly. My cell was dead and I needed to get a hold of some friends staying in a different hotel. He searched the number and dialed it for me. He even helped me get a cab, so kudos to Alex for having such a great costumer service,he made sure that I get the help that I needed. Also the Valet guys Efren and Leon were very helpful and very professional. The overall experience was great, The location is perfect, the rooms are clean, The service was great other than Phillip.

Room Tip: Valet parking is too expensive, ask the valet if you can park somewhere else for cheaper price.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
We sincerely thank you for your candid feedback about your recent stay. It is pleasant to hear that overall our staff met or exceeded your expectations. We are acutely aware that you have a choice of where to stay in Los Angeles and strive to offer the best service available and when we do fall below that expectations for whatever reason, we use guest feedback as a learning tool for our staff.

Again, thank you for the feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Montréal
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I'm sure there are better boutique hotel... but the Hilton Checkers made me feel at home during my 5 day stay in downtown LA. Staff is very friendly. Obviously, restaurant is overpriced (which hotel does not have offer overpriced food!). A bad not to the wifi: it is already indecent to charge daily for that service(no multi-day package), it is totally obscene to charge for every one of your devices.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your recent stay. We have definitely listened to our tech-savvy customers and now offer a multiple device pricing plan for their convenience.

We hope to see you again soon !
Reviewed 3 November 2012

When we arrived the valet guys were extremely helpful and friendly but that's where good customer service ended! The guy that checked us in didn't bother looking at us at any point, he was quite rude and was obvious he didn't want to be bothered. This was after waiting almost 20 mins for him to check in the guest before us. He confirmed that we had a king size bed which was incorrect since we were traveling with our 2 sons. He said a room with 2 beds would be "more money"... Really?! I've never had a hotel charge more between 1or 2 beds. So we ended up asking for a rollaway which he said he would send right up, we were going out so we were expecting it to be in our room when we got back but it wasn't... No at 9pm we had to call down and find out if they were ever going to deliver the rollaway. Finally about 25 min later it arrived! It also would have been nice if someone would have advised us of the 40$ parking fee!!! At No point did anyone bother to tell us it was 40$... 20 maybe 25 I would expect but 40?! Come on now! I like Hilton hotels but this was the worst Hilton experience ive ever had.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Dippeydoo
Thank you for the feedback, although it is disheartening to hear that you were disappointed about your experiences at the hotel. Service is what differentiates a hotel and we sincerely try to instill that philosophy in all of our team members.

Being a boutique hotel in high demand, there are times when a specific room type is not available. However, we always try to find the best alternative to accommodate guest needs when a requested room type is not available. Our apologies for the additional cost comment, that is only applicable when multiples guest are in a room …. Excluding children under 18 year of age of course.

As with most metropolitan cities, parking is at a premium. Although we do not own or operate the parking facilities, we do regularly do price surveys to ensure we are within the range of price available in the market. In addition, because we know the parking cost in a populated city may be a challenge, we do our best to communicate the cost in advance of guest arrival both via the reservation confirmation and at check-in.

Again, we are sincerely sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us and we hope that you will give us an opportunity to better service your needs. Next time, try booking our “Park & Play” package which offer complementary parking and internet.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 31 October 2012

I had a very enjoyable one-night stay here last weekend. The staff was courteous, and check-in and check-out were very quick and easy. My room was small but has been well maintained, and it had a good view of downtown to the north. There weren't many available electrical outlets in the room, so I had to charge my phone on the floor next to the only available outlet. The room was quiet and the bed was extremely comfortable. There was plenty of hot water and the shower water pressure was fine. The outdoor pool and jacuzzi looked great and had a wonderful view, but I didn't have time to make use of them.

I knew that the hotel's parking was expensive (like most other downtown hotels), so I parked overnight in the Pershing Square underground lot for $7/day (on the weekend). That lot is only one block away. It has no in-and-out privileges, but you can't beat the weekend rate, and security seemed pretty good. The LA Metro 7th Street/Metro Center station is within walking distance of the hotel, and I used the Metro to get to Hollywood, saving me the hassle of driving and paying to park in Hollywood. The new downtown Target store is also within walking distance (a bit farther than the Metro station), and it's a great place to pick up snacks and groceries.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank timdsd
DonnaLewis1, Director of Sales at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this review, 12 November 2012
Thank you for your 4 Star rating of the hotel ! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do apologize that you were assigned one of our smaller rooms, with such a historic hotel, some of the rooms are smaller than others, however I hope that you did enjoy the size of our bathrooms they tend to be much larger than typical hotels.

It is true …. We are centrally located to many of the cities exciting destination. We hope to see you again and next time don’t forget about DASH Downtown, this bus service will take you anywhere you need to go in Downtown Los Angeles and the fares are only 50 cents.