“Okay hotel at airport”

Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport
Ranked #122 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed for a few nights as using as a base to do the beaches ie Manhattan/Hermosa/Redondo/Santa Monica.
First the guy who checked us in used the wrong booking gave wrong room under another clients name we only notice when entered the room as diff bed type ie and returned to the reception to check out ..dangerous as he put another persons room on our credit card ..was totally ignorant when checking us in ....his name was Brown def not a happy chappy.Was eventually sorted out. No problems with the room the staff kept the room clean and always gave a smile in the passing.Bar and restaurant needs to look at there attitude I got the feeling that there was no manager controlling this hotel it just felt all wrong.Its like they think they can treat paying passengers any way they like and get away with it.

I have a priority card gold and you would never have known.
I would probably not stay here again the only good thing was a McDonald at the front door.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Julio F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear surfup2,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Holiday Inn LAX and thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I am very sorry to hear about the situation that occured during check in. We can use this sittuation as a training tool with the staff in order to never let this happen again. I do, however, would like to speak to you to obtain more details! Please contact me directly!

Julio Flores
juliof@hilax.com

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Just needed a bed overnight while in transit and this hotel did the job. Clean rooms, good food and helpful staff filled in the time. Wakeup call mistimed and almost missed plane but you need a place like this if you have to spend a night at LAX.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Julio F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear grumpyoldkiwi ,

Thank you for taking the time in writing us a review. I'm happy to hear that your stay went well except for the fact of your missed wake up call. I'm very sorry for that. We always strive to maintain full guest satisfaction. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience to go over your stay in detail. Thank you again and I hope to hear from you soon.

nancyr@hilax.com

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Checked in and only two people working the front desk and the lobby was extremely chaotic.... Disappointing for a airport property. Also, refused to give points or hotel stays.... Said my rate was too low, would not even take my number! I find a lot of holiday inns too conservative with stay points. Also found blood stained sheets on a bed that looked slept in.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Julio F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Bradley187,

Thank you for taking the time in writing us a review. I'm very sorry to hear that your stay was not up to par. I would love to be able to discuss your stay in more detail. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience at 310-649-5151 or nancyr@hilax.com. Thank you again and I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Upon arrival in the late evening, the good thing was being able to find a parking place out front. The lobby was chaotic between guests trying to check in and hordes of flight attendants. Be prepared to wait. They also do not recognize benefits within their own program. The front desk staff were rude and frazzled and one employee stated he was new and not trained but was still working the front desk. The room was old and dark and dreary. The desk was a flea market table and everything about the room was old and worn out. The place had a stench about the hall and room. And McDonald's trash littered the hall and was there the next morning too. Also the toilet was stained in the bathroom. The only good thing about this hotel is the airport shuttle and parking. I could not dine in the restaurant due to the early closing hour but that may have been a blessing. So many other choices at the airport for hotels, avoid this one at all costs.

Room Tip: Ask for a new room if they have one.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Julio F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear pensando42,

Thank you for taking the time in writing us a review. I'm very sorry to hear that your stay was not up to par. This definitely sounded like a very unpleasant stay and I would love to be able to get more information from you about your stay. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience at 310-649-5151 or nancyr@hilax.com.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Landed at LAX around 11:30. Shuttle came within 15 minutes. Easy check in. The room was fine, but nothing special. Room was mostly quiet, I only heard 2 planes during the night.

I had no issues with this being on overnight hotel to crash at. I wouldn't want to spend a long trip there, but for the one night, it was perfect.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear DoctorJoseph ,

Thank you for taking the time in writing us a review. I'm glad to hear that your stay went well but would love to get more feedback from you in what we could have done to make this stay a more memorable one. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience at 310-649-5151 or nancyr@hilax.com. Thank you again and I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE....we stayed here because of its proximity to LAX for our AM flight.
Check in was for 3 PM, at 3:30, the rooms were not ready yet. not just ours, but no rooms. FInally they found us a room. I think it came out of the 60's maybe the early 70's. they had a sign in the lobby about the new elegant rooms, they must not have gotten to the 4th floor yet. the bathroom sink was new but the tub leaked (yes, shower curtain was inside the tub to shower) the floor was soaked, the toilet seat was broken on one side. I told the front desk about it and they didn't even send anyone to look at it. When I booked the room through a well known site, I had requested a roll away bed. When I called about it, I was told no problem, I get there and am told that it is a fire hazard to put one in a room with 2 beds yet the hotel we stayed in the first night of our trip gave us one and the room was identical not to mention, only 500 feet from this hotel...hmm..the same website said free breakfast but come to find out, it wasn't included in our reservation (my mistake for not double checking again). the price for a breakfast was 15.95 plus tax, not worth it to me. so McD's is where we went. If you don't have a car (we had returned ours), your dinner choices are pretty limited so we did eat at the grill for dinner, which was okay. nothing to write home about. The free shuttle to LAX was a bright light in this awful stay.
Overpriced for what you got.

Room Tip: ask for one of their newly elegant refurbished rooms because we got a retro room from 1970
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lsg11

Dear lsg11 ,

Thank you for taking the time in writing us a review. I'm very sorry to hear that your stay was not up to par. I really appreciate all your feedback because this is the only way we can improve. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience at 310-649-5151 or nancyr@hilax.com to discuss your stay in more detail. Thank you again and I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed one night after arriving at LAX prior to next day flight to Seattle. Rang the hotel from baggage reclaim and shuttle was there within five minutes. Check in was quick and easy. Room was clean and bed comfortable. Shuttle next morning dropped us off directly outside curbside baggage check in. We didn't eat in the hotel. There is a McDonalds next door to the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear BreakfastkingHull ,

Thank you for taking the time in writing us a review. I'm happy to hear that your stay went well and that you enjoyed our complimentary shuttle. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel
Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport
LAX Area
Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard

Been to Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport? Share your experiences!