“Nice Update”

Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport
Ranked #129 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 8 October 2009

The Holiday Inn LAX really put a lot into refurbishing the exterior and interior. From flat-screen HDTVs to new tile and chairs for the pool, this place has probably earned an extra half-star to its status rating. That said, it seems there are still the usual weekend discount rough guests; my first room, on the executive level, had a few "dings" and tears, from the wallpaper to the upholstery, quite a shock, since the renovation had been completed only a few months earlier. But the hotel manager was more than acommodating in moving me to a better room and compensating me with free parking.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
HILAXGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2009

Thank you for your wonderful support and the great comments. Please keep them coming and let everyone know that the Holiday Inn LAX is new and doing things right. Thanks

Tommy Spencer

Write a ReviewReviews (1,272)

Reviewed 8 October 2009

I had a 12 hour lay over in LA, so I decided to book a room at a hotel close by until my next flight. The service started from the moment I called them to ask whether I could check in at 5am as my flight got in at about 430am. That was fine and I was allowed to check out at 3pm instead of 12pm. The Hotel shuttle was super easy to find/use and the drivers were very friendly. Checking in was a breeze. The rooms are very tidy and a wonderful sight for the weary traveller. The bed was great. The staff in the Hotel downstairs were very professional and friendly. It was great reading my book and napping beside the pool.

Downsides? The water in the shower was tepid (I like my showers hot). While I was trying to sleep I heard school children running up and down the hall and then cleaners conversing loudly. To be fair, it was the middle of the day and most people would be out and about not sleeping in their hotel rooms.

Overall it was a great experience and I would stay again if I needed to stay comfortably close to the airport.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank LondonBanana
Reviewed 3 October 2009

We have stayed at the hotel before our departure from LAX, for 1 night. But had we known the quality and price, we would have definitely stayed for 2 or 3 nights when visiting LA, instead of wandering through overpriced and lousy motels in other districts. The location is good for both, the airport and the city, especially Santa Monica and Venice Beach, two of the coolest places in LA.
We stayed at a king-bed room on 12th floor. the room seemed to have been renovated recently, furnishing was even stylish a bit. Flat screen 32" TV, clean and spacious bathroom, coffee-maker made our stay really pleasant. The check-out was at 12 noon, which was convenient.
Be careful though about the rate. Basic rate is competitive, but then hotel charges you small amounts for nearly anything you use + like the PC&internet in the lobby (0,7$ per minute), parking lot (13$), breakfast (you get a coupon for 10$ for each person, which needs additional payment event for a continental buffet). They are also tipping themselves on your bill for breakfast service, even if you're having a buffet! This was pretty ridiculous.
Be also aware of the noise, if you mind hearing aircrafts approaching the runway. The hotel is really close to airport and windows do not absorb all the noise. Anyway, I liked seeing jumbos approaching just behind my window and we did not mind the noise.
Anyway, bearing in mind that the hotels in LA are so overpriced and offer such a low quality of service, I would definitely come back to this airport hotel even for a longer LA visit. Motorways connecting with other parts of the city are just couple of blocks away.
Staff was OK, friendly and informative, lobby clean and comfortable, parking spacious, there are two gas stations nearby if you are refuelling your rental car before return.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank benybell
Reviewed 1 October 2009

Although we weren't there long, just overnight since we had an extremely early flight the next morning. Great beds, the best we slept in during our entire stay. Very nice and updated rooms. Close to a McDonald's, in case you get an urge. I got this room through Priceline for $55, so I was extremely pleased with everything. Since we left so early we were not able to take advantage of the breakfast. Quick free shuttle ride to the airport too.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank cjeffg24
Reviewed 28 September 2009

Me and my friend stayed here from the 13th to the 15th of September for ease of access to the airport. We had come off a cruise on the sunday morning at around 7am so we got to the hotel about 9 30am and asked if it was possible to check in early (about 6hours early) and the lady on the front guest was more than helpful and said it was no problem!
We were in room 1207, right next to the elevator, if you get this room asked if its possible to move if your a light sleeper as its right next to the elevator like i said so its constant noise, we werent bothered as we were hardly in the room as we were out with friends for the whole two days and out a lot of the nights too :)
We got a double queen room, beds were really comfy, room was very clean and the bathroom was very clean too. When we had a shower the bath tub filled up aswell there was something wrong with the plug not sure what, but we arent fussy people so it didnt bother us, we did ask for extra towels at one point and had to ring the front desk twice as they forgot the first time but thats not a major problem really is it?
If your looking to sightsee id find somewhere closer to the city but its a great stop over for easy access to LAX!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 September 2009

Easy hotel.Free shuttle to the terminal and back. Clean, comfortable, concierge great! Good food. Bar great. Recommend. Rooms clean and comfortable and NOT noisy.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2009

We stayed here one night as we had an early 7.45 flight the next morning. I traveled with my husband, 3 year old son and a 7 month old baby. The hotel is newly renovated and the rooms are quite nice. Bathrooms have granite countertops, nice waterpik shower head with good water pressure, flat screen tv in bedroom. Mattress was comfortable. For our baby we were given a nice white metal baby cot, with linen already done up for her, with towels and bath products. The bath products (shampoo and conditioner) were for an adult, but i thought it was a nice touch. plus the cot had a baby bumper, which i have never seen at a hotel before. I thought they must have cheaped out during the renovation, as the outside of the bedroom door must have been repainted instead of being replaced. looked old. Also the bath tub must have been re-painted or the finish was coming off. Staff were not that friendly or helpful. They are pretty strict about not parking infront of reception even to unload your car. We had a rental car that we were planning to return and didn't want to park in the lot.They give you 20-30 minutes free to park your car, and unload there. When we checked out, they charged us a day's parking rate ($12), but happily removed it off our bill. There is a mcdonalds, la qunita hotel right next store. We rented a car at thrifty just a few blocks away, which was very convenient, as you could walk back to the hotel after returning the vehicle in 10 minutes. There is a shuttle bus, which they normally charge $1 per person, but when we checked in we got vouchers, so it was free. The bus comes every 15 minutes.
I would recommend this hotel, since we got a rate at $85 for an advanced purchase. This is a great deal for the LAX airport area. If the room was over $130 i would stay some where else.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family