“upgraded room made stay worthwhile” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel

Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel
Ranked #59 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
green valley, az
“upgraded room made stay worthwhile”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel on two Sundays, one week apart. The first visit was in an ordinary double bed room on the 8th floor. It was small, and had some stains on the carpet. The second visit we asked to upgrade to a suite. We paid a small price and also received access to the lounge on the club floor with free breakfast. This room was well appointed and although we only had a king bed and a sofa bed, it was worth the price. There was an appropriate level of staffing on the second visit, so that when someone arrived to check in another receptionist appeared at the front desk. The week before there was a line for check-in. The bar and lounge area also had pleny of help, compared to the previous week. Now I would stay at this hotel again, knowing what I know about the different room accomodations.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lexington Park, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

I have been very happy with my stays here of the last couple of years. I travel to LA often for business and the Renaissance has become my top choice. I Have to say the new management gets the 5. If I graded last year it would have been a 4. What impressed me most was that the staff recognized me at my second visit and greeted me like an old friend, unlike where I had been staying previously for almost two years of business trips. I have always found the staff willing to assist, whether it was a room issue or recommending a local restraurant. The restraurant in the hotel has good food, but the menu is not to my taste. The Fitness room seems to always be clean, functional and with enough equipment to not be crowded. With two years of experience here, I have had some issues with rooms, that have been handled very promptly and only once have I ever had to make a second call on the issue. All rooms have a mini-fridge which is now a necessity to me as a travelling diabetic. Internet service was not very stable at times last year, but that seems have been worked out. Airport transport has been much better since they changed the routing, usually taking less than 20 minutes from getting to the lobby to airline dropoff. Sometimes the busses get out of sync and it will take 30 minutes from lobby to dropoff. There is a monitor showing the bus locations just across from the valet parking stand. If in a hurry it has only been $10-12 (including tip) to take a cab.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jim L
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012 via mobile

Your standard business class airport hotel. Clean , friendly staff and wifi for a fee. Free shuttle to LAX that is about 5 to 10 minutes drive depending on traffic and stops. Quality of food and beverage is excellent. The bar is small but does what it needs to do. Would recommend for short stays.

Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Chris R
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012 via mobile

Great hotel, although we didn't actually spend a lot of time here as we got in late and left pretty early. The room and the hotel itself were nice, clean and relatively modern.

I would say, save yourself the overnight parking charge as you can leave the car in one of the side streets next to the hotel (not even 50 meters away from the main entrance).

We had a room on the 5th floor facing the airport. You can't really hear anything so noise is not an issue.

All in all, good place to stay.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JustMB
Silicon Valley
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

Make sure to confirm your room preference and bed type with the hotel ahead of time or pick another property to stay. I had a bit of drama trying to get a room with two beds and manager had to intervene to solve my problem. Apparently reservations are only a “request” and don’t really constitute a "reservation". This shows poor hotel management and puts unnecessary stress on guests during check-in process. If I book a room with two beds, I expect to get a room with two beds! Period!

The rooms are clean with refreshed carpet, furniture and flat panel TV with plenty of towels and amenities. My only issue was with the bed. It seems like an old mattress (a little wobbly) with not much support and padding. It’s a shame. If you change the mattress with a good quality support, it would be a very comfortable hotel.

Both valet parking and self-parking are outrageously expensive. If the room is ~$100 per night, does it make sense to charge 30% of the daily room rate for valet parking and 15% for Internet access?

Room Tip: If you are renting a car from LAX, this is a good location to checkout, drop your rental car and cat...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Nashua, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

This Marriott was a bit of a let down from other Renaissance properties we’ve stayed in.
Kind of hard to pinpoint why...just kind of blah, nothing special about the rooms.
They almost seemed more Holiday-Inn-ish (which doesn’t neccesarily mean bad, just not what you’d expect from Marriott).
The decor was a mish-mash of furniture and everything seemed like it was poor quality furniture, lamps, art on the walls, etc.
The bathroom also wasn’t up to par...very basic bathtub/shower, but clean.
Hard to tell this from the photos and again, it wasn’t horrible, just disappointing and not what we’ve seen at other locations.
This may be good for an airport stopover, but we intended it as a base to spend 4 nights in L.A. to sightsee because we got a good AAA rate of $94/nt.
Not a good location for this...guess we should’ve known better. Too far from all the tourist stuff (Hollywood, Beverly Hills, etc) and of course traffic is horrible (duh!)
We reserved all 4 nights and left after 1 after getting a good deal on Hotwire in West Hollywood at the Hotel Palomar (LOVED that place...I’ve also posted a review for that one).
I’m assuming it’s convenient from LAX (we did NOT fly into or out of here so can’t comment on that), but if all you want is close to the airport, clean and you get a good deal, go for it.
But if you are expecting a 4 star room you may be let down as we were.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Whitchurch-Stouffville, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

I do understand hotels are in the business of making money, but how is it possible to charge $100 dlls, for breakfast for 4??? or charge a fortune for internet access???

In general, the room was OK. Not super clean but not filthy either.

Biggest disappointment: we waited for over 30 mins, for the shuttle to take us to the airport. At the end, we were so desperate we had to hail a cab instead.

I would pretty much recommend for you to stay at the Four Points by Sheraton that is next door. One of my coworkers stayed there at the same time we stayed at the Renaissance, and she was quite pleased with the rooms (she got a room in a brand new area), complimentary internet access, etc. Better value for your money.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business