“Nice find by the LAX”

Ranked #73 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
wilmington,nc
“Nice find by the LAX”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Modern design hotel that is a great find adjacent to LAX. You don't often find an airport hotel that is this nice with an atmosphere that is upbeat, live music and good food in the restaurant. The rooms are modern and in great shape. The gym is located on second floor and has dumb bells and machines as well as aerobic machines. A small pool and whirlpool are also located in this area and is a calming place to hangout.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Stephanie A, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay at The Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel. We are delighted to hear your positive feedback and kind words about our hotel and amenities. We hope to welcome you back very soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Let me tell you about my experience booking on line with kayak with the Reinaissance LAX. DO NOT DO IT!

Here are the facts:

Fact 1: The "free" shuttle is nowhere to be found and I had to spend $20 on a cab to go five miles.

Fact 2: I booked my hotel reservation: "You booked Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel on Getaroom via KAYAK. Getaroom will provide customer service for this booking:
Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel. 9620 Airport Boulevard - Los Angeles, CA 90045 US
$118.64 prepaid — Sat, Jun 22 - Sun, Jun 23." I took out the confirmation number.

Fact 3: I was traveling for over 24 hours and they gave away my room claiming that I was wrong and that my reservation was the day before.

Fact 4: They down graded my room and did me a "favor" by sending me to their other hotel the Courtyard with fewer benefits and charged me 30.00 more for it.

Fact 5: The manager would not come out and talk to me.

Fact 6: For this, the shuttle then dumped me off with bags over a block from the Courtyard hotel and did not even bring me to the door in the middle of the afternoon heat.

Fact 7: The folks at the Courtyard offered me a "free drink non-alcoholic" to make up for the thirty dollar rip off, twenty dollar cab and rude service by their chain.

If this sounds like a great time, go for it! Book an online reservation. Hell, they might even honor their business obligation and save you a room. They got an extra forty bucks out of me this time, but won't get another dime. Choke on it Renaissance.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank jamie138
Stephanie A, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. We would like an opportunity to make things right. At your convenience please contact our Director of Hotel Operations, Cesar Cazares at cesar.cazares(at)marriott(dot)com to discuss this matter further. Thank you for your feedback and we surely hope you may give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves.
Melbourne
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Its one of many hotels located near Los Angeles Airport, and like many hotels near airports offers little for the night except a bed and convenience to LAX flights. Don't expect any sort of holiday experience here. The rooms are small and basic with 'porridge' stucco ceilings leaving you with a feeling that you have travelled back to the eighties. The bathrooms are small and clinical, with a bath and shower combined. One thing these hotels do well is to provide comfortable beds, so if you are arriving after a long flight and all you want is to sleep then you'll not be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We hope to welcome you back in the future!
Newton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Only stayed here for about 12 hours as I arrived late and had an early morning flight out of LAX but I was impressed with the hotel. A very well kept property, nice decor, staff was nice. I was able to keep the AC and fan running all night and was able to turn the temperature pretty low. These are important elements for me. The noise also helped mute the sounds from nearby planes as you're very close to LAX. Actually, even with the AC down this hotel seems to have very good sound insulation. The only negatives for me were that there was quite a bit of hair on the floor of my otherwise very clean room/bathroom and the movie system was not quite complete. This will be my go to place for short stays before a flight though. Was there for such a short time don't have much else to say.

Room Tip: Be aware of a $25 charge to park your own car in their highly gated garage.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
We're thrilled you enjoyed your experience with us and that the amenities within the hotel worked out well for you. But disappointed to hear about the hair in the bathroom. I will personally look into this and address the issue. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel!
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Close to the airport with a fantastic shuttle service.
Front desk was friendly and helpful.
The room facing west has no view, but clean, big and well designed.
Parking at 25$ per 24 hours.
Lobby is fantastic.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the airport
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your comments. We always appreciate receiving feedback from our guests as it is a beneficial tool in order to improve upon our guests experience! We look forward to your return!
Hollywood, Maryland
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Stayed one night, shuttle came quick at LAX, check-in was fast. Concierge was great. Room was huge even for someone without Marriott status. Gym was great. Budget rental car was across the street and other rental car companies are short walk. Plenty of places to run including loop around LAX. Only complaint is lighting in elevator gave me headache.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! I am pleased to hear that the gym, room and shuttle all contributed to your stay! I look forward to sharing your experience with our staff as well as address the lighting issue in the elevator. Thanks again, we hope to have the pleasure of your return one day soon!
Utah
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Convenient overnight near the airport, with a great run to the beach. Check-in was painless; as more guests arrived additional staff members were immediately called to the front desk. Wait time was less than three minutes.

Stayed in an end room on the fifth floor, west side. While the view isn't much more than a rental car parking lot and a portion of the LAX tarmac, the room was well above average in both amenities and cleanliness. The room is shaped like a "T", with one 'wing' providing an entry foyer. This effectively canceled the light coming in from under the door (important if you're like me and prefer a dark room to sleep in). The other 'wing' was the bathroom, again slightly larger than what seems to be the industry standard. The main portion of the room was also spacious compared to "standard" rooms, very clean (even under the bed), and all amenities were in working order.

Gym and pool are on the second level, south side, to take advantage of the CA sun...with nearly two dozen very comfy lounge chairs. Gym has several aerobic machines as well as a full set of dumb bells and several weight machines...well above the normal hotel "fitness center".

The run takes you north from the hotel lobby to Westchester Parkway and then west, along the north side of LAX, to the beach. From the hotel it's about 4.0 miles to the beach one way. If you run on the south side of Westchester you'll have your choice of a wide grassy strip or sidewalk to run on, with fewer cross streets to contend with, than on the north side. When I queried the desk staff on a place to run, they were all very aware of this route and even had a map to provide directions.

Great run in the city, close to the airport, with clean/comfortable rooms, an above average gym, and a friendly staff. If you need a place to stay in LA close to the airport look no further.

Room Tip: Most south side rooms will have a view of the pool and would be more isolated from street/airport no...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Stephanie A, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! I am delighted that the fitness center, check-in and comfortable room all contributed to you enjoying your stay. Additionally, I was thrilled to read about your positive experience with our friendly and helpful team. We take great pride in providing excellent customer service! I look forward to sharing your feedback with our team. I hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon!