“Pleasant Surprise”

Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel
Ranked #76 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We decided to spend the night at the airport before leaving on a flight the next morning and picked the Renaissance Hotel for convenience and price. We didn't expect it to be as nice as it turned out. The rooms were good size and the hotel staff was very efficient. We were able to leave our car for 10 days through the hotel at a very low price. They have an airport shuttle and when we came back our car was waiting at the valet stand. You just call on arrival and give them your voucher number.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank beachlfe4me
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Thank you for your comments and positive recommendation for the hotel. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of our shuttle. Please come again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,824)

Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Super convenient and very classy! I believe that I have found my new hotel to stay in while in LA. Very nice lobby, valet, housekeeping, front desk, and everyone else I encountered. Room was spacious, bed was comfortable, love the lamps out front and the nice light, and unique pieces in the lobby. I rented a car from budget and they are literally 50 steps away from the front door. This hotel also has a free shuttle from LAX, which is also a big deal! I loved my stay and will be back!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank FDSJR1975
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we truly appreciate it! It's great to hear that the shuttle, friendly staff, and comfortable room all contributed to you enjoying your stay with us. Thanks again!

Reviewed 15 December 2013

If you have read any of my reviews, you know I travel frequently for business, and as much as possible on my personal time--love it! I stayed here on a personal trip this past Thanksgiving, and was treated like a QUEEN by every employee I encountered! From the front desk, to the restaurant. to the concierge lounge, to the room cleaning staff to the valets! I had an out of the ordinary request at 7am for an urgent housekeeping matter due to a recent surgery and an overnight problem! I regret to say I cannot remember the names, but I called the front desk on Wednesday, Nov 27 about this problem and was treated with such respect and compassion! This lovely young woman had the first housekeeping person she located come to my room immediately! And the housekeeping person was so sweet and kind, too!!! I highly recommend this hotel for many, many reasons--location, comfort, ambiance, convenience, professionalism, food quality (esp in the concierge lounge!)... and need to emphasize the PEOPLE--they are what really made my stay Amazing!!! Thank you!!! Diana

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Diana S

I am so thrilled to hear about your enjoyable stay! It is great to hear that our staff provided you with exceptional service. A personal service we are all so very proud of! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Based on the reviews I was a bit hesitant to stay here but I am glad I did. I stayed at the hotel for two nights prior to an international trip and then one night when I returned and was pleasantly surprised.

The staff at the hotel were very professional and engaging. I think they are the best part of this hotel. The front desk staff was knowledgable and personable and the bell man were fantastic. I ahd no problems with the shuttle and made it back and forth to the airport with no problems (I took the shuttle four times).

The Concierge Lounge was better than I expected. The food in the evening was enough to be considered dinner. One night the spread included salmon, garlic mashed potatoes, baked brie and salad. Breakfast met my needs-eggs or a "special dish", oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, bagels, etc. They stock bottled water, Sprite, Pepsi and Diet Pepsi in a self-help fridge and have a coffee machine. I must also commend the women that work in the Concierge Lounge-they were fantastic. They kept the place well stocked and spotless.

I will agree with some of the other posters regarding the elevators-they are really dark. I am not sure what the colored lights (blue, green or red) in each elevator are supposed to mean or what the intended effect was. it was truly lost on me. You can barely see to push the button for your floor.

The rooms were average size but the beds were amazing. They were very comfortable and had nice sheets. The bathrooms were a good size and had good amenities(I love Aveda products!) and had great towels. I did not hear the planes at all and I had a room that faced the runway.

I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JuneauCoho
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. It is so great to hear that we exceeded your expectations! From our friendly staff to the concierge lounge, I am so happy that we provided you with a great experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel!

Reviewed 10 December 2013

We stayed at the Renaissance for two days before getting on a cruise from San Pedro.
Our experiences were by and large very positive.
We booked a no-cancellation room for a very reasonable price. We were charged for three nights instead of two. After contacting the main reservation system, Carlo from the hotel called back and immediately suggested the he cancel the charge, keep the reservation, and have us pay on check-out. Very nice touch.
We had an uneventful check-in with a late arrival and a timely airport shuttle to the hotel.
As other people have noted, the lobby is very nice with a number of seating areas and cold water available.
We felt the prices of food and drinks at the hotel were on the high side, but the Burger King across the street was an adequate substitute for breakfast and has FREE Wi-Fi!
The room was more than adequate, large and nicely appointed with some nice touches, such a free tube of toothpaste daily. The front desk personnel were both friendly and helpful with our inquiries. We used their services because the concierge (called The Navigator at the hotel) was there only part time. When we got hold of her to arrange transportation to San Pedro, she did not seem to be either very knowledgeable about services available or willing to be helpful. We felt that this hotel more than met our expectations and our budget limits.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Terra-velers
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

We’re thrilled to hear that you had an opportunity to experience our friendly and helpful team during your stay over. A personal service we are all so very proud of! We look forward to welcoming you back should your travels bring you through Los Angeles again!

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Marriott hotels never disappoint me! On this visit we were impressed with the lovely Christmas decorations and WOWED by the staff. The location is perfect with shuttle to the airport and close to many places of interest for dining and shopping.... Plus close to the ocean! In addition it is clean everywhere, has a staff that makes every interaction a pleasant one, and the food delicious! Definitely my choice to return!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Judith B

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! I am happy to hear that our staff went above and beyond to make your stay enjoyable. I look forward to sharing your feedback! Come again soon!

Reviewed 5 December 2013

We stayed here for one night before our flight and it was fine. There was limited noise from outside but you could hear doors opening and closing in the corridor.

The room itself was small (but then it is an airport hotel so it is to be expected). The room furnishings and decor were in good working order and clean.

Pleasant hotel - would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lucys_Mum100
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience both unfavorable and favorable, as the feedback we receive is a priceless tool in enabling us to maintain and improve our guest experience.We hope to have the pleasure of your return one day soon!