“Quiet oasis in the LAX jungle”

Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel
Ranked #74 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I'm not a real fan of the LAX neighborhood. I've stayed up and down the row over the years and have never really enjoyed anything but the convenience of rolling out the door and catching a morning flight. But now I have a go to place at the Renaissance. It fully lives up to the standards of the brand in service, decor and overall experience. It was actually cheaper than the Marriott that faces the frontage road and airport, and much nicer inside. To top it off, its location just behind the hotels that front the airport make it a quiet oasis. I never heard a plane! That contributed immensely to a good night's sleep and a good flight out the next morning. If you're looking for a nice property convenient to LAX, I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank brewski59
Michael W, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you for sharing a review of your time at the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel! I am so pleased to hear that you have enjoyed the decor, our level of service, and our location near LAX. It is great to know that you were able to have a good night's sleep during your stay. I appreciate your recommendation and hope to welcome you back in the future, should your travels bring you back to Los Angeles.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Upon arrival, no one really acknowledged us or greeted us. When someone at the counter finally decided to pay attention to us, he was somewhat short with us and not very polite. He explained that they had no more availability for a king bed (what we reserved) and put my husband and I in a room with 2 beds. He gave us our key cards and we walked to our room--only to find as I opened the door that the room was occupied (SO SO awkward and embarrassing barging in on someone). We then went back downstairs to get a new room. As we told them someone had already been occupying the room, the same man who first checked us in didn't even apologize and remained to be impolite.

Once we got to our room, it was nice. It was clean and pleasant. The beds were extremely comfy, the comforters were so fluffy and cozy. We really liked the room. Although, the shower had no hot water. Upon turning the water on, it was merely warm and only got colder as time went on. We were only there for a night or we would have asked to switch rooms.

So, great beds. Clean room. Clean bathroom. Customer service needs some work. And the hot water thing should be a given. The walking in on someone else because of carelessness was the deal breaker. Without that happening, I would have given a better rating. If a stranger had walked into my hotel room, I would be LIVID--I really felt worse for the people we barged in on. It is just not okay. When checking into a room, you expect full privacy. Not here I suppose!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kelsra
Michael W, General Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I can't apologize enough for the room error. I want you to know that we take security very seriously and will use your feedback to ensure that this does not happen again. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your room, particularly the beds. I hope you will join us again in the future to give us the chance to redeem ourselves, and to show you that service truly is our strength. Thank you again for your honest comments.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Just got checked in by Mohammed Ali. Was probably one of the quickest check ins I have ever experienced! Was thoroughly professional and particularly welcoming!!! Have just finished a sumptuous repast at the bar, steak with a good glass of Malbec. All in all a great stay so far!!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your overall experience at the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel! Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback. I am glad to know that you found the check-in to be efficient and professional. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your steak and Malbec as well. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Looking for a great place to stay near LAX, then this is it. Great location, awesome staff, nice bar. The place is a bit older but well maintained. The lobby is very cool. Rooms are not over priced. Airport shuttle included.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jeff B

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel! I am glad to know that you enjoyed our location close to LAX, our wonderful staff, and the nice bar. It is pleasing to know that you were able to take advantage of the airport shuttle as well. I appreciate the time you have taken to write a review and I hope you will join us again in the future.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Stayed @the hotel for two nights the service was great ,food and service couldn't ask for anything better .The onion soup wow just delish.Hope to be back next year on our way to Hawaii ,Aloha location was very good close to the airport.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to share a review! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay. Thank you for your positive feedback on our dining, the service, and our location near the airport. I am so pleased that the onion soup was quite enjoyable! I look forward to the opportunity to serve you again, should your travels bring you back to Los Angeles.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I was a bit hesitant about staying here when I walked by several days before my stay (while walking from the nearby Hilton to the Avis car rental facility), and noticed how much noise jets were making as they were passing nearby by while landing on the north(?) runway of LAX. The first room I was given was on the 6th floor, facing Century Boulevard and saw the planes landing. I didn't notice a lot of noise, but requested a room facing the other direction (the desk agent had encouraged me to see if I liked the room and, if not, to request a change). I got a room on the 9th floor facing away from the airport. I was not bothered by jet noise the entire night. Even less noise than at the Hilton, where my wife and I had usually stayed.

The room was spacious and relatively modern. Room safe a bit antiquated, but that was a small problem. I had dinner at the bar rather than the regular restaurant. Not gourmet food, but fine, with an okay beer selection.

I went over to LAX that night to see exactly where I'd check in the next day, and on the return the hotel's shuttle seemed to pass by less often than those of some other hotels (especially the Marriott). When I took the shuttle the next morning, and I was the last one left off (before the driver circulated on the lower level road to pick up arriving passengers), I started to walk over to rent a cart, and the driver signaled to me to not do it: he took two of my bags and I took the others, into the terminal.

I got a good deal through the American Airlines Web site. Rate was lower than I could have gotten at the Hilton or Marriott. I'd rate it above the Crowne Plaza, where I've also stayed.

Room Tip: Request a room facing away from the airport and Century Boulevard ("facing the city," is h...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Michael W, General Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am thrilled to hear that our staff was so accommodating in helping you feel comfortable with your room. I am glad to know that you were able to take advantage of the airport shuttle and I appreciate your positive feedback on your overall experience. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, should your travels bring you back to Los Angeles!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

So overall the hotel was a mediocre stay. The valet and front desk attendants were very friendly and had answers to any questions we had. The room was just a typical room. For some reason our bathroom light wouldn't shut off, so we just kept the door shut while we were there. Location wise, it is by the airport so the highway was close by. The only issue we ran into while being here is that they charged our card 3x. My fiance booked the hotel online and added me as a guest and they tried to explained it to us as they thought it was for two separate rooms. The manager was very helpful and told us he would try to have it refunded the next day. He called our bank to try and get the refund processed quickly, later informing us that he couldn't do anything and had to wait for the accountant to come in on Monday (after we were leaving). We stayed Thursday to Sunday. We didn't notice the charges until our bank notified us on Friday. Unfortunately, the refund of the money wasn't the next day as promised, so we were out of some spending money for the trip. Thank goodness we didn't NEED it while we were there or else we would have been in a bind. We checked out on Sunday and they took off all the fee's for parking,only to charge it to our card again now. We are back home now (Tuesday) and the money still hasn't been released back into our account. We are still trying to figure out what is going on. We have called to ask them to take our card out of their system because they are continuing to charge fee's to our account when we aren't even there. We asked to be compensated for the inconveniences and they said they only thing they could do was give us 1/2 off of one night and to give it about a week or two and everything should be corrected in our account. Even though the hotel was decent and the staff was friendly, I don't imagine we will be staying here again. If you stay here just make sure you pay attention to what they are charging you for and how many times they are charging you. Even though they are supposed to be giving us free parking and 1/2 a night free, the stay was not worth the trouble we had to and are still going through because of their mistakes. We're just glad that the overcharges didn't put us in a bad situation.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dana C
Michael W, General Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to offer a review of your experience at the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel! I am happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful but am also disappointed to hear about the challenges in regards to your account. I understand how frustrating the situation is to have charges added to your account inadvertently while traveling, especially while the reversal may take a few days. I am truly sorry that we were not able to provide you with the best experience possible. Rest assured that I will speak with the individuals involved to ensure that our process will be improved in the future.