Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
1,893 results
All reviewsburger king across the streetthe concierge loungerental caran early morning flightmanhattan beachcentury blvdshuttle servicebetween flightsfront desk staffself parkingfree shuttlestayed one nightlong flightfitness centerper daysanta monicalax
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Having stayed at LAX on several occasions I have worked out now that it is better to pay more and stay close to the airport, rather than ending up in in an airport hotel at some of the less desirable neighbourhoods nearby. We got a good rate at the Renaissance, and avoided any of their add on charges by picking up our hire car the following day (they charge for parking), and eating at the fast food restaurant across the street, rather than pay $15 for pancakes at the Renaissance!
The front desk staff were very helpful, and the room met our requirements. The main criticism was the shuttle bus. After waiting some time, the driver left many passengers at the airport, refusing to allow them on even though there were several spare seats, because the luggage area was full. They clearly need to provide a larger bus, or more regular shuttles. Some passengers were complaining that they had already been waiting 30 mins.
A big plus of this location for us was the fact that we were able to walk across the road to pick up our Avis hire car, rather than having to get the shuttle bus back to the airport, this would make us stay there again if we used Avis.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank traveller693789
Michael W, General Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a thorough review of the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel. I appreciate your feedback regarding improvements that could be made to our airport shuttle system as we are continuously striving to make the guest experience the best it can possibly be. I am pleased to hear that you appreciated our convenient location and well-equipped room. I am very grateful for your kind comments about our helpful staff, as customer service is something we take great pride in. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

The hotel was a typical airport hotel but it was well appointed, the staff were friendly and the restaurant was good and not too pricey. All in all, a good place to stay. Well located for a quick getaway to the airport.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Geoffmount

Thank you for sharing your review of the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel. I appreciate your honest feedback as it is essential in helping us continuously improve upon the guest experience. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience at our restaurant and appreciated our convenient location. I am especially grateful for your kind comments regarding our friendly staff, as we pride ourselves on offering excellent customer service. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We spent one night here during an overnight layover. The hotel has an airport shuttle that is convenient, running about every 20 minutes or so on a continuous loop.
The lobby has a sort of club/lounge feel, but once you get into your room it's a no-frills airport hotel room. They could definitely stand an update, but for one night it was fine.
The hotel restaurant had good reviews so my expectations were probably too high. I found the restaurant fine, but it wasn't anything special. Plus for convenience, and the service was fast.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write an honest review about the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel. Your comments, both positive and negative, are essential in helping us to provide the best guest experience possible. I appreciate your feedback regarding an update to our rooms and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the ambiance of our lobby. I apologize that our restaurant did not meet your expectations but I am pleased that you enjoyed its convenience and fast service. I hope you give us the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

This is a perfect hotel at LAX for easy access to the airport. The rooms are comfortable, the executive lounge is nice and the free shuttle to the terminal runs 24 hours a day.

The staff is always courteous and they work to please their guests.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your review of the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel. I am pleased that you found our hotel to be the perfect location for easy access to LAX. I appreciate your positive comments regarding the comfortable rooms, nice executive lounge, and convenient airport shuttle. Your kind feedback about our courteous and attentive staff is greatly appreciated as customer service is something the Renaissance brand prides itself on. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel again in the future to offer another easy and convenient stay.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Almost within walking distance of LAX (hotel does have shuttle service).
Nice restaurant and busy, interesting bar.
Staff was very helpful in selecting ethnic restaurants within walking distance of hotel plus very helpful in giving directions to bus service to get to the Tar Pits and in setting up a tour of the city.

Be careful, hot water is really HOT!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the airport. Airport sounds not a problem
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Michael W, General Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your stay at the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for your kind comments about our staff. I am happy to know they could assist you with restaurant options and directions. I am glad you enjoyed our location as well, and appreciate the tip on our rooms! I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, should your travels bring you to Los Angeles again.