“Pleasant and comfortable”

Ranked #71 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
Erie, PA
“Pleasant and comfortable”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My hubby & I stayed here before an early flight home. The lobby is very impressive and clean, with several seating areas. The girl at the front desk was so pleasant, patient and efficient. I think her name was Rena. Our room was very clean and beds were comfortable, with a soft white clean comforter, also the bathroom was modern and spotless, with lovely fluffy white towels. Even though we were across from the airport, we did not hear any noise of any kind. I needed to use the boarding pass print out and had some trouble, but Rena came to the rescue and assisted me with a smile!
We were using the airport shuttle which arrived promptly very early in the AM. All in all we were very pleased with the hotel and the excellent service and would not hesitate to stay here again, or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank collapserelax
Michael W, General Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your review of the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel. I appreciate all of your honest feedback as it is an essential tool in continuously improving the guest experience. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our impressive lobby, comfortable rooms, and prompt airport shuttle. I apologize that you had difficulty printing your boarding pass but I am glad that our staff was able to help. Your kind comments regarding our pleasant, patient, and efficient staff are greatly appreciated as we pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service. Thank you for your recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I travel frequently, often to L.A. (my former home), almost always stay at Marriott properties, often near LAX. This was my first stay at LAX Renaissance, though. A nice surprise, very pleasant, excellent value. The restaurant was surprisingly good. And best was my server (twice), Sergio Gonzalez. Absolutely first-rate. Not just my waiter; my new friend. Bravo, Sergio, y gracias!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Jayhandlin
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel! Thank you for taking the time to offer a detailed review. I appreciate your positive feedback on the excellent value of our hotel and the restaurant service. I am glad to hear that the restaurant exceeded your expectations and Sergio was able to take such good care of you. Again, thank you for your time and I hope we will be able to welcome you again soon!
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Caught shuttle from lax quite easily. Unfortunately no early check in available however able to relax in lounge area. Large room with two double beds, clean, comfortable airport hotel. Good buffet breakfast.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lovetotravel3122
Thank you for taking the time to offer a review of the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel! I am sorry to hear that we were unable to accommodate your early check-in but am quite pleased to know that you enjoyed relaxing in the lounge area. It is great to know that you were able to take advantage of the airport shuttle. Thank you for your positive feedback on your large and clean room, our comfortable hotel, and the buffet breakfast. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, should your travels bring you back to Los Angeles.
Camarillo, CA
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I was at the hotel for a 3 day conference. My room was right near the elevators (which I had requested) and I heard no noises from people coming & going or people getting ice from the ice machines (which was located right next to the elevators).

My room was basic, but very clean. The room safe did not work & someone came right away and replaced the battery. ALL the employees were very nice and friendly. The only negative thing about my room was that the closet is very small and the folding closet door needs to be replaced.

Dinner at the restaurant was very good. My friend had the fresh halibut and she said it was moist and delicious. My cheese burger was huge and came with yummy French fries. I took half of my burger back to my room (there's a mini fridge in each room!). I enjoyed breakfast there, too.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank KonaMom2
Michael W, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel! We appreciate your honest comments, both positive and negative, as your feedback allows us to continue to maintain and improve the guest experience. It is great to know that you were not bothered by any noises outside of your room. I am sorry to hear that your safe was not working properly, but I am glad it was fixed promptly. Thank you for your positive feedback on the clean room, our nice and friendly staff, and the dining. I am happy to know that you enjoyed the burger! Thank you for taking the time to share a detailed review. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I hate staying at LAX hotels, although I often do stay at them out of necessity because when you're departing on an early morning flight the iffy-ness of LA area traffic can be stressful. Staying at the airport eliminates the potential for missing your flight because of an unexpected backup anywhere on LA's traffic grid that can cause ripple effects across the whole city. I choose this hotel based on price and because the pictures of the gym looked good. I need to workout when I travel. I also chose the breakfast add-on because I know the area well enough to know I didn't want to have to go out driving around looking for a place to eat in the morning that isn't a fast food joint. The room was pleasantly decorated and the gym was nice and the breakfast buffet was really very good. I was able to get an egg white scramble made for me which I appreciated very much. I think that paying $26 a night for overnight parking for hotel guests is a rip-off.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank James J
Michael W, General Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share a review of the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel. I am glad to know that you enjoyed our location, the pleasantly decorated room, and the gym. It is great to hear that you found the breakfast buffet to be very good and enjoyed an egg white scramble. Thank you for your honest feedback on the parking, as your comments allow us to work toward an improved guest experience. Thank you again for sharing a review and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future, should your travels bring you back to Los Angeles.

England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Having stayed at LAX on several occasions I have worked out now that it is better to pay more and stay close to the airport, rather than ending up in in an airport hotel at some of the less desirable neighbourhoods nearby. We got a good rate at the Renaissance, and avoided any of their add on charges by picking up our hire car the following day (they charge for parking), and eating at the fast food restaurant across the street, rather than pay $15 for pancakes at the Renaissance!
The front desk staff were very helpful, and the room met our requirements. The main criticism was the shuttle bus. After waiting some time, the driver left many passengers at the airport, refusing to allow them on even though there were several spare seats, because the luggage area was full. They clearly need to provide a larger bus, or more regular shuttles. Some passengers were complaining that they had already been waiting 30 mins.
A big plus of this location for us was the fact that we were able to walk across the road to pick up our Avis hire car, rather than having to get the shuttle bus back to the airport, this would make us stay there again if we used Avis.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank traveller693789
Michael W, General Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a thorough review of the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel. I appreciate your feedback regarding improvements that could be made to our airport shuttle system as we are continuously striving to make the guest experience the best it can possibly be. I am pleased to hear that you appreciated our convenient location and well-equipped room. I am very grateful for your kind comments about our helpful staff, as customer service is something we take great pride in. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future!
Driffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The hotel was a typical airport hotel but it was well appointed, the staff were friendly and the restaurant was good and not too pricey. All in all, a good place to stay. Well located for a quick getaway to the airport.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Geoffmount
Thank you for sharing your review of the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel. I appreciate your honest feedback as it is essential in helping us continuously improve upon the guest experience. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience at our restaurant and appreciated our convenient location. I am especially grateful for your kind comments regarding our friendly staff, as we pride ourselves on offering excellent customer service. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.