“decent accommodation”

Ranked #71 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
Zagreb, Croatia
“decent accommodation”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My wife and me spent there one night because our flight was day after. We came late but we could eat in their bar which works till midnight. Room wasn't so big but it was enough, bed was comfortable. Bathroom was fine.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Michael W, General Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel for your recent stay! I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our late-night dining options and that you found the bed to be comfortable. We look forward to welcoming you back again should your travels bring you back to this area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel three times in the last few months, two of them for a one-night layover before flying international and the other for a week exploring southern California. Usually we are very happy with our stay, but this time around we will likely not come back.

The rooms are generally comfortable and we opted for a club level room, paying extra for access to the club lounge and breakfast. I was unaware that our breakfast was not at the restaurant when I called to book, which was disappointing. The continental breakfast in the club lounge is okay.

The gym was nice and the machines were in working order. The pool was also good, though small.

When we checked out, we were quoted a price for our one night plus late check out but when I arrived home to the US and reviewed the emailed receipt, we were charged two nights plus a late check out. I called to have the charge reversed and was transferred to an accounting department who did not answer the phone or have a voicemail option. I called the toll free number and was able to lodge a billing dispute with the property, and told the turn around was 3-5 business days. To their credit, the hotel called me back within an hour or two while we were waiting to fly out of LAX and stated they would reverse the charge.

The real kicker, though, was that after we checked out and were waiting for the shuttle back to LAX I needed to use the restroom. My husband checked with the front desk and was told we would need to walk to the Marriott next door even though he informed them that we had just checked out a moment prior. I walked in and found the restroom on my own. We spent about $500 including meals at the hotel for one night, and being barred from the downstairs restroom was a sore point.

Overall, it is a decent hotel to stay at. However, we went out of our way to stay this time before flying to Tahiti and will not do it again in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank islandhunterraar
Michael W, General Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am very glad to hear that you have enjoyed multiple visits to our hotel. I apologize for any miscommunication regarding breakfast. We do offer room packages with full, restaurant breakfast included, as an option for the future.
I also apologize for any billing concerns and am glad that we were able to respond to them so quickly. I am very sorry for the misunderstanding about the restroom, as we have two public restrooms on the lobby level that are open to anyone. Rest assured I will look into this situation further to ensure that this does not happen again. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in your future travels!
New Hampshire
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed here before an early morning flight out of LAX. Hotel was great. Front desk was very efficient and helpful. Shuttle to the airport worked perfectly. Will definitely stay here next time I am at LAX.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank H5familytravels
Michael W, General Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
I am so thrilled to hear about your recent positive experience with our staff and shuttle service. We take great pride our friendly and professional team and we continuously aim to provide exceptional guest services. Thank you for your kind words and we hope to see you at the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel again very soon!
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights.
Hotel is only 5 minutes from the airport (Airport shuttle every 20 minutes)
Many car rental options available across the street (Avis, Budget etc..)
Free wifi in the lobby
Room is big and spacious and very comfortable for a good night's sleep!

However I, feel that the breakfast is over-priced!! It was really shocking to learn that they charge around $26 (with taxes) per person for a breakfast which only has Sausages, Bacon, Potatoes, Eggs, Pancakes, Breads, some Ham and fresh juice (coffee n tea too). Furthermore, the breakfast is nothing spectacular..They should definitely have more variety for that price!!!!!
I hope the management can consider this.

No shops nearby other than a Burger King which is right opposite the hotel and Starbucks at another hotel nearby.

Overall a decent hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ashley G
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the nearby car rental options as well as our guest accommodations and free Wi-Fi. A good night’s sleep is key to any successful trip! I apologize that our breakfast did not meet your expectations. We will use your feedback to continue to work toward our goal of making each and every visit an exceptional experience. Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel for your recent stay and we hope to see you again very soon!
Temecula, California
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at several properties around LAX ( since we live 1.5 hours away it's nice to stay by lax before flying out early the next morning). By far, the renaissance is the best. Front desk and valet are always polite and helpful. Rooms are somewhat updated with modern lamps but the comforters could use a redo. Restaurant and room service offer good variety and good service.

I'd definitely recommend if you're coming for a quick stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Michael W, General Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and I am very pleased to hear about your positive experience. We pride ourselves in having helpful and friendly staff as well as providing guests with clean and comfortable rooms. Thank you for making the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport your first choice and we hope to see you again soon!
Okeechobee, Florida
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed here one night before a flight out of LAX. No problems and no complaints. I had stayed at this location once before a number of years ago and the hotel has been maintained very well. I didn't get a chance to use many of the hotels services, but I did grab a snack at the Concierge Lounge and it hit the spot. Would definitely make this a first choice on any other trip through LAX.

Room Tip: Being a Marriott Gold member or higher - gets you an upgraded room when available.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Michael W, General Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
I am very pleased to hear that the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport is your first choice when traveling through LAX. Thank you for your positive feedback on our hotel maintenance and the snack options in the Concierge Lounge. It is wonderful to know that you had an exceptional experience at our hotel and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future!
North Pole, Alaska, United States
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

$30 breakfast (eggs, coffee, orange juice, bacon, and pancakes) way too expensive. Rooms are average nothing special - we books double beds -room had only one king bed couldn't change because hotel was full. They charge credit cards by mistake. Yes, lobby decor is nice. Be careful you don't sleep in the lobby :) !!!

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review! I am glad to hear you enjoyed the lobby decor. The hotel takes great pride in honoring guaranteed bed types; when they are a request only, the hotel takes the liberty of upgrading to a king bedded suite with pull out sofa, which is reflected in your pictures. Please contact us directly and we would be happy to research any credit card holds that may be active.