“Nicely done Renaissance”

Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel
Ranked #72 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
“Nicely done Renaissance”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here twice in the last week on two separate trips to LA - one pleasure and one business. The first stay had some irritations like the room not working for the parking garage even after talking to the front desk multiple times. Fortunately this time that was not a problem. The hotel is trendy without being tacky, the restaurant is good, the Club Lounge is excellent, and the rooms are nice and spacious and very clean. This is a great hotel for business or pleasure. Oh and the Tuna Tower at the restaurant is awesome especially with additional Wasabi Cream.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RoverTrex
Michael W, General Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to wrote a review of our hotel. I am happy to hear you have enjoyed your time with us during your recent trips to Los Angeles for both business and pleasure. While I appreciate all of the compliments on our restaurant, 96th Street Bistro, I apologize for the difficulties in accessing the parking garage. I have shared your valuable feedback with the team and we certainly welcome the opportunity to host you again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Florence, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Great service, great king size bed, we slept like babies. This hotel made our stay great! Our trip finally felt like a honeymoon that we never had! Thanks also to the young lady who guided us in by phone as our gps quit working!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay and that our team was able to contribute to a special getaway and ensure you made your way to our hotel safely. We would certainly welcome the opportunity to host you again in the future!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 18 August 2014

One star only because I can't give zero stars.

For an airport hotel it would seem obvious that people are rushing to get to the airport to catch their flight in the morning but as we were leaving, we found out all the elevators in the hotel had been shut down including the staff elevators. No warning.

So we had five pieces of luggage and no way to get them downstairs. Initially, the hotel staff went, no problem we'll take them down for you. The hotel sent two people and they took 3 of the 5 suitcases down the stairs along with my parents reassuring me that they would be back to get the other two.

So I waited and eventually, one of the two people came back up. I assumed the other one was helping my parents with the rest of the luggage downstairs so we waited for him to come back up because one of the two peices of luggage was fairly heavy and I wasn't sure the girl that came back up could handle it. That never happened so I offered to help the girl who did come back carry one of the two peices of luggage down after she reassured me that she could handle the heavy luggage.

The entire way down the stairs I heard her dragging the luggage and scrapping it against the stairs. That was pretty bad, until I got downstairs and realized the guy the hotel had sent was gossiping away while my elderly parents were trying to manouver their luggage down the stairs and to the front lobby....I almost had a heart attack.

And to make matters worse, the girl dragging the luggage down had scrapped two deep gouges into the bottom of the suitcase about 3 inches long each. When I brought it to the hotel staff's attention they told me they couldn't do anything except give me free breakfast...tomorrow which clearly was useless since we were checking out.

A manager finally came over after I said the elevators were down and some people were looking alarmed. The manager took a look at the scratches and went I can clean it up (really?). After failing (obviously) he came back and told me these were clearly old scratches and not the hotel's fault and basically treated me like I was lying.

Except the suitcase was brand new and I heard the girl dragging it all the way down the stairs. He changed his tune when I told him I had receipts for the for the suitcase from the day before and there is probably red paint on the stairs if he went and checked. He then took my email and phone number and said someone would fix the problem ...eventually.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AlomC
Michael W, General Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We take these matters very seriously. Rest assured we are investigating this matter and will contact you privately via your email address.
Palm Desert, California, United States
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Chris and Peter at the front desk were amazing. The hotel was also great and the pool and workout facilities were amazing. Check-in was really easy and efficient and was able to get a room at 1125 am.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Michael W, General Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thanks for reaching out to us and sharing your experience from your recent stay. I am happy to hear that your customer service experience exceeded the high expectations we have at our hotel. Our team aims to eliminate the stress of business travel, and I am pleased that you experienced a high level of comfort and convenience during your trip. We appreciate your review and openly welcome the opportunity to host you again in the future!
Las Vegas
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Recently stayed here with my friend.

Upon check in, the front desk agent told us that we didn't have to option to choose what type of room we wanted, and that they were out of two queen rooms. I was not resorting to sleeping on the same bed as my friend, so I was just going to tough it out, and sleep on the floor. I always do this anyways when I sleep over a friends house.

I call for housekeeping, and its a shame because we paid quite a bit to stay here because of the proximity to the convention, and I expected a lot better service from this hotel. We never got the sheets and blankets that we requested at all during the entire duration of the trip.

Stayed here from 9/1 to 9/4

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank stanson922
Michael W, General Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your experience at the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel. We are grateful for your willingness to share a room with your friend due to the limited amount of rooms we have with two beds. I am disappointed to know that the linens you requested were not provided to you. Rest assured that we have shared your comments with our department heads and we will review our delivery processes to ensure that our guests have an improved experience in the future. I appreciate your feedback and will be sending you a private message to follow up.

Michael Wlodkowski
Copenhagen
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This hotel is perfect for staying before/after a flight. It is pretty close to all the car rental agencies, and actually could work as an affordable base for a few days in LA, however location obviously only central for LAX.
Rooms are pretty nice and spacious considering the rate you are paying. The breakfast buffet is also very good. If you have a room on high floors, it is fun to watch all the planes landing.
We experienced very good service throughout the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Elaine A, General Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
I am so glad to hear about your positive experience with your family at the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel! Thank you for sharing your review with us. I am happy to know that you were satisfied with your room and enjoyed the breakfast buffet and the view of the planes landing. I appreciate your kind feedback regarding our service as we take great pride in our guest services. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back in the future!
Thompsons Station, TN
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed here last night and was pleasantly surprised. This is a large but nice hotel close to the airport. The rooms are clean and the bathroom updated. The rest of the room could use updating but don't let that put you off. It's nice enough. They have a convenient shuttle to the airport. Can't say much more as it was a short stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Michael W, General Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
​Thank you for your review of the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel. Although your stay was short, I am so pleased to hear that we were able to pleasantly surprise you with our clean rooms, convenient airport shuttle, and overall large and nice hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.