“GREAT - GREAT - GREAT !”

Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel
Ranked #76 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 11 January 2010

On our way back from Firenze, Italy we stayed at this hotel and after many other nights in hotels and apartments I have to say: I'm Very satisficed with the Renaissnase Hotel LAX.

Clean, very modern, excellent bedding, huge 32 plasma tv, plenty pillows, free shuttle, you name it, is there and it's nice.

The nice looby with modern decor and sophisticated lounge music and soft lighting makes you feel welcome as soon as you walk inside this nice hotel.

Enjoy your stay in this very well priced, convenient and nice hotel.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sebastianmiki
Write a ReviewReviews (1,825)

Reviewed 7 January 2010

My daughter and I stayed one night on Xmas, 2009 and loved the service,the bar area and bar menu, and just about everything for a relaxing time. We would both recommend the hotel for an airport overnight. stay. The rooms are very small but well equiped. Room service for breakfast was great. We had two rooms and plenty of hot water. What a nice respite before a morning flight home.

1  Thank yanna
Reviewed 4 January 2010

This was our third year in a row staying with this hotel on a two day layover in December. Plus, we stayed here in November while passing through. We really like this hotel, well liked.....
Our past two years had been outstanding experiences with this hotel. It is clean, quiet, friendly customer service. Great location to the airport. However, in November, we encountered just a slight problem. NO HOT WATER in the shower. I mentioned to the staff and they seemed bewildered, sent someone up to check on the problem. It was too late, as I had completed the shower and we were checking out.
I thought at the time it must be a fluke. But, a month later, we checked in again, as per our usual Christmas time layover to Hawaii. We stayed here two nights, again NO HOT WATER. We had different rooms and even different floor than in November when we experienced the hot water shortage. I read in another travelers review that they too experienced no hot water. So, obviously there is a problem and they are "rationing" the hot water. This is more than a coincidence. I think in their efforts to cut costs as they have done away with the club lounge breakfast and afternoon appetizers during the weekend, they are also cutting the hot water supply.
I hope I am wrong. We have up until this year, had great experiences with this hotel. If they fix the hot water problem, I will come back, if not, I will be looking for another hotel.
(I am recommending this hotel in hopes that enough people will stay here and they will have enough money to keep the hot water supply flowing to the showers!)

2  Thank trvlbker
Reviewed 1 January 2010

Just returned from a Mexican Riviera cruise but missed my connection to Honolulu therefore I needed to stay over in LA. I decided to stay near the airport so I could catch my early morning flight the next day. The Renaissance Montura was wonderful. Beautiful lobby, clean rooms, great service. I had no problem sleeping on my king size bed. Due to the attempted terrorist attack on Christmas Day, I had heard that security was going to be extremely tightened so I was fortunate that I was already at the airport. I was able to catch an early hotel shuttle, get to the airport, check in and miss all the waiting in line. Thank you Renaissance.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank ihilani
Reviewed 6 December 2009

Great hotel and very efficient staff, the rooms are great but we all had a poor sleep due to discomfort in both beds. They are very soft with huge covers. Other that that very close to LAX with a free shuttle service , also close to car rental and service sttations for those returning cars

Shame about internet fee's

1  Thank talk2me33
Reviewed 5 December 2009

I stay at this facility regularly when I go to LA on business. Front desk and club lounge staff is very friendly and accommodating. Club lounge (for elite Marriott members) is terrific--at no charge, full breakfast and enough hors d'oeuvres and, later, desserts to be called dinner. Available to use during the day too for relaxing or working. I have also found the food in the restaurant and lobby bar to be surprisingly good. Rooms are quite nice, especially if an upgrade to a suite is available. Only complaint (perhaps this has been fixed by now) is the video and sound in the fitness center. The machines and weights are fine, but typically each remote works several of the TVs (resulting in "dueling remotes"), the sound quality when using headphones is terrible, and the availability of channels is inconsistent from TV to TV. Nonetheless, I try to stay here every time I am working in the LAX area.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank asrosen
Reviewed 4 December 2009

Surpassed our expectations. We were tierd after a long trip, and were met by a polite and welcoming Front Desk, especially Patrice who was abolsutely charming and managed to upgrade us to a nicer room. As we only had an afternoon in LA (but would be returning for longer later) and wanted to do something not too stressful, he recommended Manhattan Beach, which was accessible via a Trolley service 5 mins walk away from the hotel and only cost $3 each for a roundtrip! The rooms are modern, there is a nice pool, and you have access to complimentary soft drinks, nibbles and breakfast if you are lucky enough to be given Club Lounge access (although the alcoholic drinks are quite pricey). The rooms are equipped with a safe, coffee maker and Iron. Good sound proofing, so you are unlikley to hear any airport noise. We didn't attempt to head downtown on this visit, but were advised that the most practical way to do this was by Taxi. There is a free shuttle bus from the airport (tip the driver). There is a Budget Car opposite, but be warned about the rude Front Desk staff there. All in all, ee would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple