“Super Convienent”

Los Angeles Airport Marriott
Ranked #70 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I was on a business trip to Los Angeles recently and after the conference ended I moved to this hotel to be near the airport for my flight out the next day. It was very convienent when traveling to from LAX. They have a shuttle to the airport that runs all the time. There is a starbucks in the hotel that is great! The rooms were clean and comfortable. There was a nice balcony in my room with a view of a very pretty tropical pool. I did not use the pool on my stay but it looked nice.

Room Tip: ask for a view of the pool
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,774)

Reviewed 15 May 2012

I called & arranged a fruit platter to be delivered upon My spouses CK-IN NOT DELIVERED. I called them ... They said they had it down as done. They would investigate & They would do it. ... I said nooooo it's dinner time now  ... Don't bother!!!  This is 3 hours after ck-in. So an hour & after I speak to them.... Guess what gets delivered to his room? You guess it a fruit Plate! He just had room service sent up for dinner.
Granted the room is clean ( i know via webcam) staff were quite pleasant and it's convenient to the airport.
Come on though does it take an engineering degree to get a simple request like this handled?!?
We are frequent MARRIOTT GUESTS and expect better service.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Just a 5 minute shuttle bus ride from LAX, there is also access to Santa Monica via Big Blue Bus, from stop directly beside hotel. Fare is only $1 per ride for Big Blue Bus.

Rooms and beds are comfortable. Check-in was very efficient.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Freqfliereastcoast
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Before I arrived, I thought my stay would be very boring as it was just a hotel closed to LAX. Surprisingly, I was wrong, there are many hotels around LAX area and it was just like a tourist area!

There are many bus services and sightseeing tours to different places. I went to Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Universal Studio and also Manhattan beach. Manhattan beach is very closed to the hotel and it has a lovely view for Pacific Ocean! For the bus fare to Manhattan beach, they will also include a trip for you to visit the shopping area -Manhattan Village. It includes big supermarket, shopping mall and restaurants in there.

I enjoyed my stay in LA, but I was so disappointed of the weather. I was told that LA weather is hot with lots of sunshine! However, during my stay in LA, it was very chilly as well as windy!

The swimming pool and jacuzzi in this hotel had just saved my days! The swimming pool and jacuzzi are both outdoor but heated. The temperature was perfect for you to indulge yourself there whole day!

The hotel was spacious with many nice staff! Delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I would recommend this hotel to people!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank ccesther
Reviewed 12 May 2012

We have spent one night in the Mariott. We had a nice comfortable room with pool-view.
The beds were very comfortable. It is not anymore the most modern hotel but it is clean. We had booked this hotel via internet incl breakfast. Good value for the money paid.
The free shuttle bus from the airport to the hotel is convenient,
We will stay another night end of next week before flying to Europe,

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eveline T
Reviewed 11 May 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Marriott LAX during a company conference in May, 2012. The hotel is very close to the LAX airport, and I took the complimentary hotel shuttle which was a 5 minute drive. The outside of the hotel was very clean and well kept, however the exterior of the building itself looked very old and dated. This hotel has 18 floors, and the interior lobby and checkin desks were very updated. You could tell immediately that this was a full-service hotel with the numerous bell hops and attendants around the premises.

There is a Starbucks in the lobby, as well as three other restaurants in the hotel. My room was updated somewhat with a flat screen LCD TV, granite top bathroom vanity, and updated toilet and bathtub, but the room itself seemed small compared to other hotels I've stayed at over the years. The furniture is also dated, and there was no refrigerator. But don't get me wrong, the room was comfortable and was odor-free.

There's wired Internet access in my room, as well as WiFi (the charge is $14.95 per day, but mine was complimentary due to my company's conference). The Internet speed was pretty good, as Speednet.net showed 7.75 Mbps download and 3.5 Mbps upload.

The conference rooms and staffing were excellent, as well as the food served for lunch at the conference. Very comfortable environment.

One thing to note is that there are no restaurants within walking distance of the hotel, so you either eat at one of the eateries inside the hotel or take a cab to some where nearby. My group decided to do this, and took a cab to Manhattan Beach and ate at one of the restaurants by the pier (cab ride was $23 one way).

From what I learned later, parking at this hotel is $25 per day so be prepared. In all, this was a good conference hotel and might be good for an overnight business trip stop over, but I wouldn't recommend staying here for a vacation trip.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I travel to California from the East Coast at least twice a year with my husband or friends to visit my son. We've stayed at numerous hotels but for a quick stay we often choose the Marriott Hotel at the LAX airport. Usually our stays included 2 weekends in a row with assorted travel in between outside of LA. The hotel is convenient, close to the beach areas, has a fairly good breakfast and very reasonably priced especially for California standards. My first stay about 3 years ago was outstanding for the money. The room was relatively modern with a flat panel HD TV and updated bathroom. The concierge was outstanding and very accommodating. The beds were always comfortable. However, each subsequent stay was more and more disappointing and just getting worse. I guess I did not realize there were some pretty awful rooms with horrid views. This seemed strange especially since I always asked for the same accommodations! Now I only see one small sink in a small room with closets that could not hold even a weekend of clothes. The van to the airport had a line with a 15 minute wait for a second van. The concierge was no where to be found. The housekeeping even made our bed with the TV controller still inside the sheets. The room was noisey although the bed was still comfortable. The staff at the breakfast was pleasant and the food was ok although overpriced if you had not prepaid with the room. I do remember that I was in a different part of the hotel for my last visits. Try to stay close to the pool--they probably changed the rates for those rooms. The tower rooms on the lower floors definitely need a little more TLC. Unless you are willing to stay in a upper end 2 star hotel, I would look elsewhere for a little more money. Marriott, I am surprised at you!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family