“Don't get stuck on the ground floor”

Los Angeles Airport Marriott
Ranked #70 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We stayed at this hotel our first and last nights in the US due to its location near LAX. First night was great, we arrived early and our room wasn't ready. We were happy to leave our luggage and head out to Venice Beach for the day (we fight jet lag by not sleeping until evening) when we returned our rooms were ready however my husband and I were assigned a room with two queen beds on the upper floors. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful, a bellman even told me I had overtipped and returned half of what I gave him when I said I had no idea what was fair.

When we returned for the final night if our trip we checked in at midnight and were taken straight to our rooms on the ground floor, to be clear this is the floor under the lobby. Our room clearly used to have an external door onto the carpark used by the valets, surprisingly the noise that made sleep difficult wasn't the road noise however but the loud climate control system in the hallway. When we got to our room my husband and I had been given two doubles, to be clear we had booked king rooms both times we stayed at the Marriott and after the stuff up on our initial stay I had confirmed our booking for a king room on our return, we were exhausted so we didn't fight when they told us the hotel was full again and just slept separately as the beds in this room were not as good quality as the beds we'd had earlier, with two adults in them they sunk so much in the centre that they became massively uncomfortable.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,774)

Reviewed 19 May 2012

Very nice bed and linens. Least liked was hotel parking at $25/day - in LA no less. Very unreliable wifi in lobby and rooms, and officially in-room Internet access was $16.95/day. Ultra small bathroom - not enough room for two people at once. Staff went out of their way to greet us as we arrived, but were generally indifferent otherwise. Starbucks staff - in the lobby - were friendlier than the front desk staff. Lobby and cooridor character were tired and dated. Obviously standard destination for airline crews.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Just attended a company sponsored conference at this hotel and would have to say that it was very good. The conference was well staffed and the food was pretty good...would have liked more than fruit and pastries for breakfast but that was probably a company decision. Although lunch did make up for it. Did have dinner at Champions one night and the caesar salad with chicken was good but the beer was a bit flat. Room was nice, everything worked well and the bed was comfortable. Many hotels now stock the refrigerator with at least one bottle of water...that would have been nice but none here. Cell reception in the ballroom area (below ground level) needs to be improved...burned up battery looking for sketchy signal. Overall, staff was very friendly, loved how everyone said hi as you walked by the front desk.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MikeGehringer
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I was on a business trip to Los Angeles recently and after the conference ended I moved to this hotel to be near the airport for my flight out the next day. It was very convienent when traveling to from LAX. They have a shuttle to the airport that runs all the time. There is a starbucks in the hotel that is great! The rooms were clean and comfortable. There was a nice balcony in my room with a view of a very pretty tropical pool. I did not use the pool on my stay but it looked nice.

Room Tip: ask for a view of the pool
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I called & arranged a fruit platter to be delivered upon My spouses CK-IN NOT DELIVERED. I called them ... They said they had it down as done. They would investigate & They would do it. ... I said nooooo it's dinner time now  ... Don't bother!!!  This is 3 hours after ck-in. So an hour & after I speak to them.... Guess what gets delivered to his room? You guess it a fruit Plate! He just had room service sent up for dinner.
Granted the room is clean ( i know via webcam) staff were quite pleasant and it's convenient to the airport.
Come on though does it take an engineering degree to get a simple request like this handled?!?
We are frequent MARRIOTT GUESTS and expect better service.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Just a 5 minute shuttle bus ride from LAX, there is also access to Santa Monica via Big Blue Bus, from stop directly beside hotel. Fare is only $1 per ride for Big Blue Bus.

Rooms and beds are comfortable. Check-in was very efficient.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Freqfliereastcoast
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Before I arrived, I thought my stay would be very boring as it was just a hotel closed to LAX. Surprisingly, I was wrong, there are many hotels around LAX area and it was just like a tourist area!

There are many bus services and sightseeing tours to different places. I went to Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Universal Studio and also Manhattan beach. Manhattan beach is very closed to the hotel and it has a lovely view for Pacific Ocean! For the bus fare to Manhattan beach, they will also include a trip for you to visit the shopping area -Manhattan Village. It includes big supermarket, shopping mall and restaurants in there.

I enjoyed my stay in LA, but I was so disappointed of the weather. I was told that LA weather is hot with lots of sunshine! However, during my stay in LA, it was very chilly as well as windy!

The swimming pool and jacuzzi in this hotel had just saved my days! The swimming pool and jacuzzi are both outdoor but heated. The temperature was perfect for you to indulge yourself there whole day!

The hotel was spacious with many nice staff! Delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I would recommend this hotel to people!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business