Takes forever to get the shuttle to and from the hotel (airport). Bid downer - but its the same for almost all airport hotels with the shared service. (Hotels should get together and protest the airport's - LAWA - requirement to participate in the shared shuttle service.)
Hotel is nice. Old building but nice rooms. Like the Concierge lounge. Nice snacks. Evening snacks have been downgraded or so it seems in the last year or so - but still ok. Nice big refrigerator stocked with water and sodas - plus peanuts and M&Ms available all day!
Gym is big - with a big assortment of equipment. Sometimes a wait for eliptical or treadmill at peak time - but not often. They recently moved some stuff around and put more equipment in there. Although they took away the eycalyptus (sp?) scented towels! I miss them.
Location is good. Hotel bar has a nice selection of salads and sandwiches. Walk to In and Out Burger if you have time. Or take the shuttle to Manhattan Beach ($$). Rock N Fish is awesome as is Mama D's.
Attended a few meetings at the Marriott over the years. Great ballrooms in the basement. Only issue is no cell phone reception. Sometimes a blessing, sometimes a curse.
Elite check in desk in the lobby in the evening is a nice touch. As is the email a day or two before advising you of the service.
Anyway - highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover spacious rooms, innovative amenities and a sophisticated atmosphere when you book a stay at the luxurious Los Angeles Airport Marriott. Our hotel near LAX offers a complimentary shuttle service to the airport, less than 1.5 miles away. Other nearby points of interest include the Hollywood Walk of Fame, Manhattan Beach, Third Street Promenade and a variety of shopping and dining. The Ocean Express Beach Trolley stops at the hotel every 30 minutes to transport guests to Manhattan Beach. Guest rooms at our LAX hotel feature plush bedding and modern technologies. Business travelers will appreciate high-speed Internet access, spacious work desks and ergonomic chairs. Our Marriott features two popular restaurants in addition to a sports bar and Starbucks(R) coffeehouse. Active travelers will enjoy our resort-style pool and state-of-the-art fitness center. Our hotel near LAX also features 55,000 square feet of event space for conferences, weddings and banquets. Enjoy the utmost in comfort and convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Los Angeles Airport Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Angeles Airport Marriott Hotel Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Marriott
- Marriott Los Angeles Airport