“Outstanding customer service!”

Ranked #61 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
La Jolla
“Outstanding customer service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

The customer service here is truly the best. When the concierge lounge was closed on the weekend, employee Tammy Jones went out of her way to accommodate my father and me with an absolutely terrific breakfast. Thanks to great service like that (and super comfortable rooms) we will be back!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
GeneralManager39, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
I'm delighted to hear about what a great stay you had with us. I look forward to having you stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Gosford, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Spent 2 nights at the hotel on the way home. I had read some good reviews and looked forward to my stay. The initial welcoming was very friendly but was let down when I reached my room. I understand it is an airport hotel but the furnishings were very dated. No milk is provided for the tea/coffee facilities so I had to buy it from downstairs. Then I realised I had no fridge (even though I asked for it prior). The staff resolved it very quickly but I'm surprised any hotel these days doesn't include 1 automatically. The bed was fantastic but let down by this crazy combination of pillows which consisted of either tiny feather pillows or these massive cushion sized ones. Unfortunately it didn't lead to the best sleep.

On the positives the sports bar was fantastic and quite reasonable and the pool complex was very nice although unfortunately no change rooms or showers in the vicinity.

I think with a few modern touches this could be a great place with great staff but as it stands it was a little underwhelming.

1 Thank kgb668
Thank you for staying with us. I will share your comments with the management team.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stayed here for the night after a 20 day bus trip around the US that left me exhausted and desperate for a comfortable, quality hotel room, and this hotel fit the bill for somewhere to stay as I was flying out late the next morning. Room rate was very competitive compared to competition in this area, service was friendly and respectful. Very convenient having a Starbucks location WITHIN the hotel, and does justice to the sheer size of the place I guess! Rooms are well sized and very comfortable, bathroom is great with awesome products supplied.

Services in the hotel provided are great - The gym is the best I have seen in any hotel I've visited, very extensive amount of equipment, cold towels, warm towels, iced water, fruit - very well done. Did not get a chance to go out to the pool area but looked fantastic, was also refreshing to see a laundry machines for use in a hotel of this caliber, that you weren't forced to use typical overpriced hotel laundry services was great to see.

Shuttle service too and from LAX was prompt and quick, while it is busy in the mornings the wait would only be 15 minutes tops. It runs very frequently and is very efficient.

Will return the next time I need to stay near LAX.

Room Tip: Corridors are very, very long as its a huge hotel - the rooms are soundproofed well so try and get s...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Wow, a 20 day bus trip sounds rough for anyone. I am so glad we were able to give you such a pleasant and comfortable stay. I'm sorry you didn't get to enjoy our pool but perhaps next time. Thank you so much for your comments and we certainly hope to see you again.
San Marcos, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

This is a pretty good place. Classy, great beds (at least mine was) and good restaurants.
I was in the Elite club there so there were some extra perks like free internet, a concierge lounge on the 16th floor that had breakfasts and (really good) snacks and drinks in the evening. Alcohol was not free but reasonable (ie $8/drink) but you could pour your own... so on that basis each of my drinks ended up being about $4/normal pour).

If you are not in their elite group, I think they would charge $12.95 per day for internet... I don't like that at all but maybe they will get with the program someday soon. I didn't pay but it still annoys me they just don't provide it.

Their valet service can be very slow. After the first night of trying it, I just self-parked after that. The valet price is like $35/night plus whatever tip you give them. It took them 20 minutes to retrieve my car so if you use them, call down ahead while you are having breakfast and maybe it will be there when you go down.

Otherwise self parking is $26 a night and the walk is reasonably short.

The accommodations are very good. Luxurious really. The place is pretty big so you can end up walking a long way to your room. (I wasn't having to walk my dogs at home so it was a surrogate.)

The daily rate for me with all the taxes and fees was about $156 a night, not counting the car park fees.

But you will enjoy the room. The old fashioned bath tubs are still in the rooms but they have the oval shower curtain frames so it doesn't feel too small.

Bottomline is that I will stay there again..

Room Tip: Try to get a room closer to the elevators because you can be in for a long walk.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
GeneralManager39, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
I'm thrilled that you had an excellent stay with us. I also wanted to thank you for being an elite member and am glad you enjoyed the perks that come with being in our Rewards program. We do offer free wifi in the common areas of the location. I'll definitely share your thoughts with the valet team as well. Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you soon.
Edmonton Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

My family and I were looking for a hotel close to the airport. We chose the wrong weekend since there were a few conferences going on and the two previous hotels we visited were fully booked.

The two prior hotels said they didn't have room when I asked however I sent my husband into this one and he charmed the front desk clerk. Luckily the Marriott had one room left or so they say. I think if you're a younger good looking male you'd have no problem getting a room on a busy weekend. I say this because my husband said the clerk looked shocked when he asked for two beds.

The room they gave us was on the top floor. I'm not sure how often they rent this one out because there was a layer of thick dust on the carpet around the walls of the room. The bathroom had only 3 towels and 1 of them smelled terrible like it hadn't been changed or washed in weeks. The beds were nicely made but I felt they were too hard.

My family used the pool and seemed happy. It was hard to find a pool lounger as it was very busy in late afternoon. There were a bunch of younger people hanging around drinking and using bad language. Sometime you cannot win.

For dinner, we opted out of the hotels restaurants due to their price and walked a few blocks to the Denny's. The food wasn't great there and the walk back was a little scary. I'm guessing any hotel near the LAX airport is not in the best or safest neighbourhoods. This hotel was okay for a one night stay but I'd probably try booking a nicer hotel if you can.

There is a Starbucks in the hotel but I found it strange they couldn't toast a bagel. I had to bring it to the restaurant to ask them to do it. So nice of the restaurant staff to do this for Starbucks customers.

Free shuttle to the airport was nice but very crowded. We were lucky to get on the bus in the morning. If you can find out the schedule, you are better off waiting to be at the front of the line.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
GeneralManager39, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am disappointed in hearing the details of your stay and am sending you a private message.
Papeete, French Polynesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

If you travel a lot you know to have lower expectations from hotels near airports. This hotel greatly exceeds the level of service, amenities, and overall property design that I have come to expect.
This Marriott has a pool area that makes you feel like your at a resort. You hear no noise, and are placed in a calm tropical serene setting, while being 5 minutes from LAX! A miracle of design. The gym overlooks this harmonious setting. It has high quality equipment and is triple the size of your usual after thought hotel gym. There are herbal sented towels, fruit infused water, headsets, hot and cold bottled water, and fresh fruit, all complimentary.
The rooms are what you would expect from Marriott. Decent size, clean, flat screen TV with good selection of channels,complimentary coffee and tea, comfortable beds and basic essential bathroom amenities. Some of the rooms facing the center courtyard and pool have balconys.
The staff is polite and proffessional. All buisness, as you would expect in a large metropoltian city. There is a Starbucks in the lobby, a steak house, a mid level restaurant and a nice sports bar. Other nice services are free coffee in the mornings, free ice tea in the afternoon, free lobby wifi and computers, free newspapers, airport shuttle service and a $5.00 round trip shuttle to Manhattan Beach.
The only complaint I can muster is that on site parking is $26.00 a day. Other than that I cannot think of many airport hotels, (worldwide) in this star catagory and price range that offers this many complimentry services, and is desgned and run this well. This hotel gets an excellent rating based on "airport" hotel criteria.

1 Thank five8_z
Thank you for your review. I am so glad that we were able to exceed your expectations and that were able to enjoy the amenities that we offer. I certainly hope you choose to stay with us again.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Had to stay overnight due to a cancelled flight.
Rate was fairly decent.
Nice rooms, and two towers. Amazing pool area - wish I could have taken advantage of it.
Nice bar/restaurant - good atmosphere, decent food, and not too ridiculous prices.
ISSUES: the only issue I had was with buying amenities. The store closes at 2300, and that is the only place to buy snacks and water. When I mentioned this to the concierge, he indicated that I can get water from the vening machines, and that there was one across from my room.
When I went to use it, however, it did not work, and I was too tired to look elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you want a view, ask to be in the tower. Otherwise, and of the ones in the low rise building are...
1 Thank France N
I appreciate your comments. I regret that you had trouble finding water and will be sure to check our vending machines so this doesn't happen in the future. Our pool area is one of the things guests love about our hotel and I hope you get to enjoy it next time. Thank you for staying with us, I hope you'll visit us again.