“A Nice & Busy Airport Hotel”

Los Angeles Airport Marriott
Ranked #66 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Honolulu
“A Nice & Busy Airport Hotel”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Marriott LAX – a really nice busy airport hotel. Continuous shuttles -- get in line early; I’ve been on a shuttle where those behind me had to wait because ours was full; lots of airline crews stay at the Marriott. Free Wi-Fi in the roomy and comfortable lobby with tables and electrical outlets; great sports bar and 3 other restaurants.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank DYA717
Steven H, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the pictures you shared. I hope to see you again soon. ~Steven

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Second time to Marriott LAX and it was everything I was hoping it would be. Convenient to LAX, Shuttle service to airport, speedy check in (I used my Marriott App to sign in and my keys were waiting for me at the front desk), friendly front desk, large-ish gym. The starbucks in the lobby is a life saver. All of this for a very reasonable price. View wasn't great this time around, but I'm not there for the sights. I titled this review "better than average" because this Marriott doesn't seem to have aged. They keep it up very nicely. However, I did learn this trip of a Marriott / Marriott Courtyard on the other side of LAX that is walking distance to the beach (they're in Marina Del Rey). Might have to check that out next time.

Room Tip: Free parking for guest for the first 30 minutes. After that, it's about $15 per 1/2 hour!
1 Thank ohiocouple
Steven H, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
I appreciate you coming back to stay with us. I'm glad that you head a pleasant experience. Though I would love for you to stay with us again, the Marina del Rey Marriott is also an excellent location with great views.
Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Typical Marriott, a little worn and old, but convenient, and lots of shopping/dining within walking distance! A bit unusual for an airport hotel but that's the best part of it...location. Busy on the weekends, busy in the mornings, but it's LAX.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your thoughts. I hope you choose stay with us again.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 9 February 2014

2 night stay, with request for two connecting rooms.

Pro:
1. The gorgeous pool area. It was the reason why we chose this hotel over the others nearby. The hot tub was always occupied by a rowdy group when we wanted to use it, so we didn't get to enjoy it.
2. Request for feather-free room was honored.

Con:
1. Self-parking costs nearly $30 a night (with tax).

We had two connecting rooms, 2036 and 2038. It's on the same floor as the hotel entrance, at the end of a long hallway. We appreciated not having to take the elevators. Room 2036 was a double room with a balcony facing the pool but further enough that any noise the swimmers or loungers made wasn't a bother. You'd think Room 2038 would be the same, right?

NOPE.

Instead, you get no balcony with a low roof as a view. See pictures. (You can see the pool if you peek from the corner.) Now I did request a quiet room, so maybe, this being a room at the end of the hallway, it'd be quiet. Again, NOPE. Both of our rooms were right across the hall from the service elevator/room so you're constantly hearing a "ding-ding" sound of the lift arriving and foot traffic. (I'm assuming that was what the sound was.) There's also the inexplicable sound of something like a bowling ball being rolled up and down our walls all through the night. Fortunately (or not?) those noises overwhelmed any plane sounds from the airport.

On the upside, Room 2038 is a king room and has ample space for a yoga mat or a roll away bed if needed.

Bathroom was small; you can touch both sides of the wall when you stretch out your arms. But it was clean and functional. Sink is outside of the bathroom.

I checked to see if Room 2038 was the last room in the hallway and it was not; there's actually a room 2040 which I can only assume has a worse view and very little sunlight. Hence my warning to avoid room 2038 and 2040.

There's a lower floor on the ground level with the pool area. If you want instant access to the pool, this would be great. But if you want more privacy, then maybe you want a higher floor so people aren't walking past (and/or peeking into?) your windows. There's also no balcony on ground floor.

This hotel met my expectations for a Marriott. We were just unfortunate in our room assignment. Be forewarned and avoid those rooms if possible.

P.S. A different maid comes every day to clean the room. They leave a note with their name on it. So be sure to tip daily instead of just at the end of your stay.

Room Tip: Avoid room 2038 and 2040.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank bevmap
Steven H, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for staying with us. I am disappointed you were not completely satisfied and am sending you a private message.
Livingston,NJ
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Very nice lobby and room for a recent late night arrival - early morning exit. Shuttle service was very easy and the hotel is literally at the end of the LAX runway so very convenient. Staff could not have been nicer for my brief stay

1 Thank bellc275
I'm delighted that you enjoyed your brief stay at our hotel. I hope you can stay with us longer in the future to truly enjoy all that we have to offer.
Portland
Reviewed 8 February 2014

If you happen to use Verizon, the connectivity is lousy in all locations and totally nonexistent in the lower level sleeping and meeting rooms. The so called free internet access in the "lobby and other public areas" is not well promoted and most certainly not available in the ballroom or lower level meeting rooms.

Otherwise, the staff is very scripted friendly, the sleeping rooms were clean and orderly. The food was OK but should be much better given the prices charged. The coffee shop's (or whatever they call it) service staff needs customer service training.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us and for your review. We are working on improving the WiFi at our location. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and certainly appreciate the feedback. Thanks again. ~Steven
Arkansas
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

I have now stayed at this hotel for business trips (extended stays). They are always tentative to my needs and provide exceptional service! It's conveniently located to LAX and has good food onsite. I enjoy staying here.

• Stayed January 2014
I am delighted to hear that our staff consistently provides you with exceptional service and look forward to having you stay with us again. ~Steven