“It's allright”

Los Angeles Airport Marriott
Ranked #65 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
“It's allright”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Hotel is clean and pretty good managed. Nothing to complain about. Just the type of the hotel that you would expect to see nearby the airport. Definitely the breakfast was great and also the steak house had some very nice wine selection. As for the rest I didn't have enough time to try it out

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Steven H, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for your review. I hope you can stay longer next time and experience all we have to offer.
Steven H.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (495)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Located on the airport property easy to get to and from with the freee shuttle.
Great food and bars, also a Starbucks.
Arrived early morning on a red eye, hotel had no water said it was planned maintenace and would be running at 5 am, nope that didn't happen. It was more like 8 am when the water came on.
Day 2 woke up for an early departure, no water again they said the pipe broke spent the day feeling grungy. Oddly the Starbucks had water to make coffee...
Otherwise the rooms were great, staff was friendly and helpful.
I would go back I'm sure it was somemaintenance issue that has been resolved.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Steven H, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
My apologies for the inconvenience with the water. Thank you for staying with us, I'm delighted to hear that you will return.
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Booked in conjunction with a Princess cruise. The hotel is tastefully decorated and clean. Staff was very pleasant. Amazingly quiet rooms since you can see landing strips at LAX. Liked having a Starbucks in the lobby. Only downside was the Sports Bar..had 2 burgers for $40 and couldn't eat them. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
I'm so glad to hear that you would stay here again. Thank you!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The LAX Marriott location makes it easy to connect with your next-day flight. Rooms are OK (junior suite is better).
The JW Steak House has excellent beef - try the petit filet or NY Strip. Breakfast buffet also good. Shuttle to LAX picks up every 15 minutes. Some rooms have a view of inbound flights for the plane watchers. Recommend!

Room Tip: Higher up for the airport views.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us and for your review.
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 6 May 2014

we stayed 2 nights at the beginning and the end of our trip for the proximity to the airport, the shuttle was prompt and quick. the first room we stayed in was nice but on the small side.. the 2nd room we had was an accessible room and much bigger which was fantastic for our small child. The restaurant - sports bar was good food and prompt quick service. The waitress brought our son Easter eggs as a treat. The service was fantastic in the hotel bringing the crib etc within minutes of arriving in the room. only thing that would be better was not having to go to the lobby to access WIFI.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers.
St. Louis
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

The rooms are just flatout small and bland. The property has location going for it and little else. I did like the easy to use kiosks to print boarding passes and the lobby wi fi was good and simple to access. Will stay elsewhere next trip to LA..

Checking in I asked if the Alamo return center was walkable. Desk did a search and thought it was within walking distance. Dropped family off and headed to Alamo. Dark industrial area way more than a mile. Drove back to find parking was close to $30. So parked right next store for $10.50. It would have been a nice gesture to offer to send the hotel van to get me. Surely other folkslike to get the car renturn out of the way the night before.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us, I'm disappointed to hear of your experience. We always get the opposite said about us - how great our service is. I'll be sure to pass along your comments to use as a teaching moment.
Windsor, Colorado
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I had a business trip to LA and I needed to stay overnight. Frankly I wasn't looking forward to it. My meeting was at the Hilton but they had no rooms available so I checked out the Marriott which is really nearby. I got a nice room for $180 for the night, which I consider a bargain for a JW Marriott near LAX. While the room was nice and clean and looked recently refurbished, it was the service that was outstanding. Everyone was very well trained and really NICE! Many times staff may be well trained, but you can tell they are just going through the motions. Everyone I encountered was extremely friendly. It was AMAZING. Another thing I liked was that there were several choices for food: 1) the ubiquitous Starbucks, 2) a nice cafe, 3) a Sportsbar and 4) a to die for steakhouse. I checked in about 3 pm and my friend arrived about an hour later. We started at Starbucks and had a nice chat in the lobby (which was outfitted with several TVs which was nice). Then we headed to Champions (the Sports bar) for happy hour followed by dinner at the steak house. Champions was nice and their food selections seemed a cut above a normal sports bar. It was certainly a happening place for happy hour. But the crown jewel was JW's Steak House and our server Wille. Wille was friendly, knowledgeable and just perfect for 2 middle-aged broads on a business trip. The menu was meat-centric as you'd expect, but had enough options for those who didn't want steak. My friend and I both had the 16 oz bone in ribeye and it was cooked to perfection. We also had baked potato with all the trimmings. Not very adventurous I know, but sometimes a gal needs comfort! And steak and baked potato is the ultimate comfort food for me. They had several choices of sauce - béarnaise, wine reduction, peppercorn, and a couple of others, but they also managed to find me some heinz ketchup without a single "tsk, tsk". (Hey I'm the customer and I'm always right you snooty restaurants!) We were too full for dessert, so I'll have to try that another time. The next morning, we tried the cafe' for breakfast and it was another winner. Our server was Ulla and she was perky and sassy and just the wake up call we needed. Breakfast was delicious, especially the hash browns, emphasis on "brown". It was like a flat round pancake and was brown and crispy on each side - yummy. Bacon was really crisp too - just like I like it. My only quibble (and this is really a picky personal preference) is that there was not a COKE product to be found on the property. PEPSI only. I survived, but only because Ulla provided lots of lime for my morning diet pepsi. Had I stayed here for more than a night I would have had to have found some diet coke.

My room looked over the pool and it looked tantalizing, but I didn't get a chance to check it out (I was too busy eating and drinking).

Room Tip: I was in the main tower, which was fine for my purposes, but they had rooms in shorter, connected bu...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your great, detailed review. I am so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all of the food. I'll be sure to pass along your comments. I hope you'll stay with us again.