“Met all expectations... and more !!”

Los Angeles Airport Marriott
Ranked #70 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This was defenitly the BEST airport hotel I have ever stayed in.
It met all expectations and even more. Hotel lobby was very spacious and nicely furnished. Breakfast buffett had many variaty of food and the venue was very comfortable. The swimming pool area is the best thing this hotel can offer. large swimming pool, jaccozi, beutiful seating and smoking area. They have a FedEx office that saved me a trip to the post office.
Last but not least. their balconies overlooking the pool is something elese !!

Room Tip: go for the balcony rooms
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank T-Junction
Steven H, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

I'm delighted to hear that you had such a great stay. Thank you so much.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The Marriott at LAX is a mediocre hotel. It is conveniently located on Century Blvd, close to LAX, but it doesn't have the sparkle of a grandel luxe chain hotel. The trouble started when I pulled into the overcrowded driveway. It was not at all clear where I could leave the car while I registered, and no one came to rescue me. I finally drove into the valet lot and told the guy I would be back in fifteen minutes. I checked in quickly (Marriott Gold) and went to my car to get my carryon.. I drove to the self-park lot and then discovered that parking was $30.00 (plus tax). There is no entrance from the parking lot to the lobby of the hotel - you have to go up a flight of stairs (or a very long ramp). I found my room - I had been upgraded to a junior suite, which meant that the room was big enough for a couch. The bed was comfortable, but the thin blanket couldn't beat the air conditioning, which I had to turn off. There was no bathrobe. The shower had one of these step function controls, in which the transition from freezing to scalding was in microns on the dial. There were enough outlets, and the wifi was OK. Toiletries were OK. I had to leave before the breakfast room opened. In sum, nothing terrible, nothing wonderful. Actually there was one wonderful thing: I left my Kindle in the room. When I got to the airport I realized that I couldn't go back to the hotel because of the traffic to get it - a cab would have taken half an hour to do the mile or so to the hotel - but I called then hotel and, on the second try, got to a wonderful woman in housekeeping who found it and FedExed it back to me. FedEx charges extra because they are hotel service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Steven H, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

I'm glad that we were able to get your Kindle back to you. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have stayed here numerous times and the location to the airport is the key. The hotel has numerous restaurants. If your a rewards member being able to use the club is a great benefit. The room I had was very nice. I would recommend staying on the opposite side of the hotel...away from the airport. A suggestion is to get a non connecting room.

1  Thank Orthodontics

Thank you for being a loyal guest, I appreciate your comments and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

If you need to stay near Lax, this is a great hotel choice. The employees are super friendly and helpful. Our room was small especially the bathroom but the décor and amenities were top notch. Perhaps because we checked in so late after midnight we were upgraded to a room with a lovely balcony which overlooked the beautiful pool area. The concierge breakfast was excellent. If you're renting a car, there was a Hertz desk in the lobby and the hotel has a shuttle to the airport which runs every 20 minutes. Beware of the extra charges for Wi Fi $13 and parking $30.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank canal2gulf

Thank you for your great review, I appreciate that you chose to stay with us. I hope you'll stay with us next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed one night to acclimatize and try to shake-off the jetlag; we also didn't want to drive into LA after a long flight. On all counts this was a good choice. Our room was very comfortable and all the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. Being an airport hotel it was particularly suited for the jet-lagged - we were up and needing coffee and breakfast at 5am which was no problem.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Steven H, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for your review. I am glad to hear that you had a nice stay and hope you'll return.

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on layover from Australia through to South America. Room is small and dated, wardrobe door does not work, no mini bar, expensive internet, air conditioning is very noisy. Water was turned off from 12-4am so we could not even have a shower in time to go to airport for early flight. Only positive was the shuttle was easy. Previous times staying here were much better - I think this place is too old now.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for being a loyal guest. I apologize for any inconvenience and will be sending you a private message now.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I live in SF, but travel to LA a lot for work. Most of my business is close to the airport, so I always stay here. The staff is always friendly and I love the Elite check-in desk. They are always friendly and very quick to check in and keep the line moving, if there is one.

One of the things that I like about this hotel is the gift shop. They sell moderately priced bottled water and you can get wine in there. I have found some nice wines for $20-30. Which if you go to the bar will cost you $7-9 a glass. If I'm staying more than one night. I always pick up a bottle on my way in and just keep it in my room for my stay.

The pool area is really nice, if you have time to relax. They have a nice workout room on the bottom level.

I have ever had a service issue here, but I would expect if I did that it would be taken care of the right way.

Room Tip: I would recommend asking them not to out you in a room at the end of the hall or corner. The air con...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Steven H, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for the great review. I really appreciate that you are a loyal Elite member. Other guests will love your tip about the wine, great idea.