“Bad service, wrong room, no apologies.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Los Angeles Airport Marriott

Los Angeles Airport Marriott
Ranked #62 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Cold Lake, Canada
“Bad service, wrong room, no apologies.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed many times at this hotel, thus some very good reviews, but this last experience was horrible.

On a business trip in LA, I stayed at this location due to a very early flight in the morning. I reserved a room over the internet, and upon check in, everything went pretty fast. I was sent to one of the rooms at the end of the hallway. There was no wifi in the room, so I called to get another room. I was given a second room, which was occupied. Then a third room, which was not clean. Another room, which was occupied as well. Finally, after two hours of this game, I was given a two-Queen bedroom (my reservation was for a one-king).

Marriott never even apologized for this fiasco. Staff was "too buzy" to take care of my issues. Unacceptable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Steven H, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for being a loyal guest, I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. I've sent you a private message.
Again, thank you
~ Steven H.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (467)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night at the hotel and used the park and fly option to keep our car there while we flew out of LAX on vacation. The valet service was absolutely worthless. My wife, 2 young children, and I never had anyone offer to help with our abundance of bags as we struggled to keep control of the kids and load/unload the car during both our arrival and departure from the hotel. The worst part was when I was standing in line to retrieve my car keys from the valet office and saw my wife holding my sleeping daughter while dragging bags one by one to our car while the employees just walked right by her. Will never use this parking option again!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Derek M
I'm so sorry to hear of your experience. I have sent you a private message to get more information as I want to address this with the valet company.
Steven H.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

LAX Airport hotel with the best pool! Checked in 3 hours early and got a room immediately, check in lady was just lovely... Room is great, in fact lots better than I expected after reading some of the reviews. Restaurant is pretty great too. Only heard one complaint so far and that was someone complaining about the noise from the planes taking off... eer it's an AIRPORT HOTEL... I'm still giggling at this and feeling sorry for the poor lady at the front desk, bless her.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you so much for your great review and for staying with us. I'm delighted to hear that you had a nice stay.
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

As the Hotel offers free shuttle service from LAX, we decided to go straight to the hotel after our arrival and then pick up our rental car the day after. Very convenient since you are very tired after a long flight from Europe. The morning after the shuttle bus took us back to LAX and we then headed for the car rental office. So we saved a lot of time after our arrival and also saved the expensive parking at the hotel.

The hotel is nice although the room was a bit outdated, but what else can you expect from a hotel that is not brand new. The entire staff were friendly and the room was clean. No noise from any of our neighbours and only a little noise from the airport.

Like with most other large hotel chains there is no complimentary wi-fi at our room, which I really don't understand. There is free wi-fi in the public area so we had to go to the lobby to check e-mail's, etc.

Finally, we tried the hotel's breakfast buffet. There were some good choices but it was quite expensive (as expected!).

All in all a convenient hotel for one or two nights. The price was also very fair but maybe because I booked the hotel 10 months before our arrival. :-)

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Steven H, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you for your detailed review, I really appreciate your comments and hope you will stay with us again.
Fairhaven, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I recently stayed at a Marriott in Anaheim and had a terrible experience. This is the type of Marriott that I'm used to. Great service and accomodations! My room was spacious, clean and beautiful. The pool area is amazing! Lots of shade and sunny places to sit. The hotel has 4 restaurants to choose from and a Starbucks. We only stayed one night to get our flight back home, but it was good enought to say I would stay again. The hotel has a shuttle service to the airport that drops you at your exact airline terminal. Would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: I would suggest a room that looks over the pool area. There are balconies to sit out on.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. Thank you, I hope you'll be back to stay with us again.
Woking England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed 2 nights 14/15 June after long flight from london. Fast check-in very friendly staff and everything on site to keep 2 kids awake for a while to get used to the time difference. Great base for a days sightseeing in LA. No airport noise to really moan about. Would definitely stay again. Only downside is parking costs for hotel guests is high. Parking lot just down road is half price so park there instead, also lax car rental is 15 minute walk down road so dont get car 1st night get it following morning.

Room Tip: Ask for room with a pool view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I'm glad to hear that you had a good start to your family trip. Thank you.
Wien
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

The staff of the reception desk very competent. The rooms for an Airport Hotel spacious. The food also for an Austrian savory. Close to the terminals. Much better than ... Hotel last time.

Lothar and Sylvia Schweitzer

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SchweitzerWien
Thank you, it's great to hear of your experience.