“Worst customer service I have ever had”

Los Angeles Airport Marriott
Ranked #70 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

This is the worst place I have ever stayed in my 30+ years of traveling for business. I was accused of smoking in my room and threatened with a cleaning fee when In fact I do not smoke. This was the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel. I would avoid this hotel and stay at a Hilton.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank lakergirl5
Steven H, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

I'm very sorry to hear of this experience and I have sent you a private message. I'd like to find out what happened. Thank you.
~ Steven H.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,773)

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We arrived at the Marriott for an overnight stay on our way to Honolulu. Since we arrived around 12 noon we were looking for something to do. There is a $5 shuttle that stops right outside the hotel and makes several stops on the way to Manhattan Beach. It took about 1/2 hour to get to the town of Manhattan Beach. It's a busy seaside town with lots of shops and restaurants, all within walking distance. We also strolled down to the beach did some people watching. We ate in a great little Mexican Restaurant right on the main street, I can't remember the name. The rooms in the hotel were roomy and very clean. The staff was very nice and extremely helpful. If you take the free shuttle back to the airport, make sure you get down to the lobby at least an hour before you need to be at the airport.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank curlygirlNewYork
Steven H, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

I'm so glad to hear that you had such a lovely time with us. Thanks for the great tip for other travelers to visit nearby Manhattan Beach. I'm thinking you ate at Pancho's? It is delicious indeed. I hope you'll stay with us again.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

This has always been our hotel of choice in LA especially for stopovers but on this visit would have to say things are looking a little tired. Still very comfortable with good service just in need of a spruce up.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stacker63

Thank you for continuing to be a loyal guest, I really appreciate your business and hope you'll continue to stay with us.

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

My family have stayed at the Airport Marriott over the last 3 days. The hotel is fresh & vibrant. I found the staff to be friendly, helpful & very professional. The rooms are very well appointed and spotlessly clean. The pool is large and well set out. A very enjoyable place to stay

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Leigh R
Steven H, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us, I really appreciate your review and am glad to hear that you're enjoying your stay. I hope you'll stay with us again. Have a great vacation with your family!
~ Steven H?

Reviewed 13 July 2014

If you are traveling for business in Los Angeles - the Los Angeles Airport Marriott is hard to beat. Whether you are in a rental car - or - not. The hotel has everything you need. The staff also understands that they are dealing with a lot of guests that are there because of air travel next to an airport that operates 24/7. Tight schedules, early wake up calls, etc...the staff at this hotel "gets it". You are right across from active runways and airplanes coming in and out around the clock - however - you cannot hear them and you would not know the airport was across the way unless you look out the window. You have people arriving from long international flights that need to sleep in their room during the day - and - the hotel is humming and running whether it is 3 AM or 3 PM. The staff really seems to have a grip that the needs of their guest vary widely and they are very accomodating and understanding. You don't see this type of attitute at many "airport hotels". Well done Marriott LAX

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LouisB1954
Steven H, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review. I appreciate it and hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

While the room was a small suite, it was small enough that it felt claustrophobic. The bathroom was spacious, but the bedroom and lounge areas were pretty tiny. For me it would have been better if it was opened up to one living/sleeping area. That said, the lobby area was very nice and the staff was gracious.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TC-WILCOX
Steven H, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us at the LAX Marriott, I'm sorry to hear that you didn't find your accommodations to be ideal. I appreciate your comments.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We used the Park & Fly service on our trip extended trip to Europe. Our room was very comfortable...the bed amazingly so with the pillow top mattress cover, soft duvet and extra pillows. Just what we needed after a horrendous 22 hr flight back home. The hotel service was top notched both before and after our flights. No complaints at all. The food at the cafe restaurant...excellent. (There's a beautiful steak house type restaurant on premises that we didn't try). And if you must have your daily Starbucks...there is a busy Starbucks right inside the lobby.
But be aware the coffee inside the restaurants is very good too. And while you wait for your car or the free shuttle to the airport, there is free coffee outside near the valet station. There is a nice pool and lounge area. There is small gift shop, that is more than adequate. I bought a couple of really nice gifts for myself! All in all this Marriott's was a pleasant place to recoup. Will definitely go out of our way to stay again.

Room Tip: Try the breakfast buffet. Nice variety of choices all prepared wall. There is also an omelette sta...