“Alright place for a quick stay”

Los Angeles Airport Marriott
Ranked #67 of 357 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed here for a night between long flights, with our 2 and 4 year old. The room was clean and tidy but the air con was really loud. Shower pressure was good. Desk help was great and we used the shuttle in to Manhattan Beach which was great. We got a free breakfast with our room, this was a buffet with a large selection and was fantastic. Free wifi in lobby but not in rooms which was a pain. Fantastic luggage storage even after we checked out, and the free shuttle to and from the airport was a life saver.

Room Tip: We stayed too far from the elevators to deal with our own luggage and 2 tired children so had to get...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jessta18
Steven H, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

I'm glad to hear that you had a good stay, thank you for your comments.
~ Steven H.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,842)

Reviewed 17 July 2014

The hotel itself is nice and most of the staff are very good. I thought it was odd that even though we arrived at almost 5:00pm, our room was not ready and would be another 30 minutes. It took a while to find another room for us. The big problem we had was in the Latitude 33 restaurant. The first night one of us ordered a slight change to a menu item. It came out as described on the menu. Not a big deal. The next night one of us ordered a couple of changes to a menu item since she cannot eat spicy food. Again, it came out as described on the menu. We sent it back, and it was returned with one change, but not the other. Again we sent it back, and again it came back wrong. We had to ask for that meal to be comped--it was not offered. We ended up spending 2 hours in the restaurant because of all this. We asked to speak to the manager, but he was busy. We were told he would call us in our room, but that did not happen. Also, there is no free wi-fi in the room. It's about $13 a day. It is free in the lobby and the restaurants, so there are lots of people hanging around the lobby just for the internet service. Self parking is $27 a day and the self parking lot is not large enough. I couldn't find a space when I checked in. They did let me park in the valet parking garage and did not charge me the valet price, which I appreciated

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank DSSanDiego
Steven H, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for your comments, I have sent you a private message.
Much appreciation,

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

This is the worst place I have ever stayed in my 30+ years of traveling for business. I was accused of smoking in my room and threatened with a cleaning fee when In fact I do not smoke. This was the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel. I would avoid this hotel and stay at a Hilton.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank lakergirl5

I'm very sorry to hear of this experience and I have sent you a private message. I'd like to find out what happened. Thank you.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We arrived at the Marriott for an overnight stay on our way to Honolulu. Since we arrived around 12 noon we were looking for something to do. There is a $5 shuttle that stops right outside the hotel and makes several stops on the way to Manhattan Beach. It took about 1/2 hour to get to the town of Manhattan Beach. It's a busy seaside town with lots of shops and restaurants, all within walking distance. We also strolled down to the beach did some people watching. We ate in a great little Mexican Restaurant right on the main street, I can't remember the name. The rooms in the hotel were roomy and very clean. The staff was very nice and extremely helpful. If you take the free shuttle back to the airport, make sure you get down to the lobby at least an hour before you need to be at the airport.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank curlygirlNewYork
Steven H, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

I'm so glad to hear that you had such a lovely time with us. Thanks for the great tip for other travelers to visit nearby Manhattan Beach. I'm thinking you ate at Pancho's? It is delicious indeed. I hope you'll stay with us again.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

This has always been our hotel of choice in LA especially for stopovers but on this visit would have to say things are looking a little tired. Still very comfortable with good service just in need of a spruce up.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stacker63

Thank you for continuing to be a loyal guest, I really appreciate your business and hope you'll continue to stay with us.

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

My family have stayed at the Airport Marriott over the last 3 days. The hotel is fresh & vibrant. I found the staff to be friendly, helpful & very professional. The rooms are very well appointed and spotlessly clean. The pool is large and well set out. A very enjoyable place to stay

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Leigh R
Steven H, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us, I really appreciate your review and am glad to hear that you're enjoying your stay. I hope you'll stay with us again. Have a great vacation with your family!
~ Steven H?

Reviewed 13 July 2014

If you are traveling for business in Los Angeles - the Los Angeles Airport Marriott is hard to beat. Whether you are in a rental car - or - not. The hotel has everything you need. The staff also understands that they are dealing with a lot of guests that are there because of air travel next to an airport that operates 24/7. Tight schedules, early wake up calls, etc...the staff at this hotel "gets it". You are right across from active runways and airplanes coming in and out around the clock - however - you cannot hear them and you would not know the airport was across the way unless you look out the window. You have people arriving from long international flights that need to sleep in their room during the day - and - the hotel is humming and running whether it is 3 AM or 3 PM. The staff really seems to have a grip that the needs of their guest vary widely and they are very accomodating and understanding. You don't see this type of attitute at many "airport hotels". Well done Marriott LAX

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LouisB1954
Steven H, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review. I appreciate it and hope you will stay with us again.