“Top notch in every way.”

Los Angeles Airport Marriott
Ranked #61 of 349 Hotels in Los Angeles
Melbourne
“Top notch in every way.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying here for 6 nights last week and it was a pleasure.
I have sent an email to the hotel regarding this as well.
We would like to say thank you to Edmund on the front desk for his genuine care and understanding. We have never stayed in a place where someone treated us so well. We are now Marriott converts. Five stars for food, service and cleanliness.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Steven H, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay, thank you for the email. I will be sure to pass your comments along to the team. I hope you'll stay with us again.
Again, thank you
~ Steven H.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed here the night before catching a plane. Service on check-in was fabulous. Staff VERY helpful. Pool looked great and I was sorry I couldn't use it. Room was beautiful and comfortable. The rooms were upgraded very nicely. Next trip I think I will find time to stay here again.

Shuttle to airport fine but the driver was strict about not driving off with anyone standing so several people were told to wait till the next one. I don't think that was very customer friendly as those left behind included airline crew.

Room Tip: If you need the airport shuttle be sure to clarify its availability/frequency and arrive 15 minutes...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you, I wish you could have had a longer stay as well. I hope you'll be back to visit us again.
Front Royal, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I had all but given up on the Marriott chain. The poor service, inability to honor any type of status acquired, and outdated décor drove me to Hilton. I decided to give it another shot after being on a Marriott strike for over 6 months. Upon arriving at the hotel the front looked updated, but I was still apprehensive about my stay due to the fact it seems like that's all Marriott invests in. The lobby was open and three restaurants were readily accessible. The front desk was polite to an extent, but what the words didn't state the attitude led onto it. A miniature store is onsite if you left any essentials at home and it is very decent compared to most that I have seen. Upon arriving at my room I took a deep breathe and walked in. To my surprise the room was actually taken care of! Not 5 star resort, but decent none the less. I stayed on the top floor (18th) and I had a view (unfortunately it is near the airport so it wasn't that great). The pool in the middle was very nice with plenty of seating and you could just relax there. The champion sports bar downstairs is like any other champions as far as food fare goes and it lacks imagination. Most of the wait staff and bartenders though were quite pleasant. Outdoor parking fills up fast in the afternoon. The only drawback that I found is I couldn't get upgrade to a poolside room with a balcony, but you can't win them all.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Steven H, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
I'm delighted to hear that we restored your faith in the Marriott brand. Thank you for staying with us and for your comments. I hope you'll return and stay with us again.
Best,
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I've stayed at this hotel 7 or 8 times and so far I've loved it. My favorite thing is getting the breakfast included package. I tend to ask for higher floors for a view and also because I don't like hearing people stomp on the ceiling. Not that that happens everywhere but It has been very good for me here. I also like that the hotel keeps a record of preferences. They always send us extra pillows and they also tend to book me a king or queen size bed which is my preference.
There aren't lots of places to eat around so I tend to eat at the hotel or go to the grocery store before I end up in the hotel.

Room Tip: If you can get a balcony room they are my favorite
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Steven H, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank your for your great review, I appreciate your loyalty and hope you'll return again soon.
Chico, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

So not happy with the poor service we received after travelling almost 500 miles to get there. We assumed that by booking in advance we would get the room we had asked for which was a room w two dble beds since we were travelling w an 11 year old child. Once we got there we were informed that they actually were all sold out of those rooms even though we made a reservation days in advance. We ended up being put into a queen room w a roll away that took up almost all free space on one side of room
Ended up leaving early and stayed w a friendly competitor of theirs for half the price and were treated great and got exactly the room we wanted
I would look around before choosing this motel, just because its expensive does not in fact make it better
Darren C

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Darren C
I'm sorry to hear of your experience Darren and am sending you a private message now. I'd like to get to the bottom of this.
Irvine, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I had a one-day conference in the area, and booked the Marriott. Upon arriving, I paid to park at the outdoor lot, and went into the lobby. Someone greeted me as I came through the door, and directed me to the front desk to my left.

I went towards the front desk area, to find 10 or 12 people standing around randomly. There was no sense of order, and it appeared the main desk was to the right, and there was a priority desk to the left/back of the area. But, seemingly, none of the guests (including me) knew what to do or where to stand.

Shortly after, a bellhop came and started to ask people what they needed; who were checking in, and who needed help? Most were checking in so he directed us to stand against a rope. This put me behind several people who had just come in after me, since there was no queue, and no sense of order whatsoever, and the bellhop just put people randomly against the rope. People who came into the check in area after others, simply moved up to fill in empty space. Front desk staff and management were clearly disconnected with guests, since the only time I saw any other coordinated direction was for someone to come from behind the desk to ask who had priority, and then sent them to stand against another rope by that check in.

While I stood against my rope, others filed in to randomly stand in the middle of the check in area, waiting to be helped, not knowing that standing against a rope now constituted a queue.

When I finally got to someone to check in and pointed out that this is the worst example of organization I’ve seen since passing customs in a third world country, she said…. “If we see someone skips the line we ignore them. We watch for that”. Meanwhile, there is a guy standing in the middle of the lobby who has no idea that he is to stand along side a rope, so that Marriot staff can ignore him.

The rest of the stay is a blur (we did have good service at the sports bar), because I have never seen such a mess inside of what I used to believe was a reputably branded hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your comments, I appreciate hearing about your experience. I've sent you a private message.
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed just a night here on the advice of friends. Arriving after a 13 hour flight we welcomed the easy, fast check-in and the clean, tidy room. We were able to quickly check-in for the next flight on the dedicated computers in the lobby. The staff helped us onto a bus to Manhatten Beach even though it was busy and the 4th of July. Our view was straight across the pool to the planes on the runways but we were not at all bothered by any noise.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us, I'm glad to hear that your recommendation worked out. I hope you'll return in the future.