“Lovely Hotel”

Los Angeles Airport Marriott
Ranked #69 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed at this Marriott by LAX airport July 22-25, 2014. This is such a nice hotel. It is amazingly convenient to the airport. Upon arrival my guest and I were greeted very warmly. It was a birthday stay for me, which I made sure to mention. They hotel gave me a prime room, with a balcony which overlooked their gorgeous pool. I was also given a $50 credit to eat at any of the hotel restaurants during my stay. A nice surprise. The room was great. Overlooking the pool was like I was somewhere in the Caribbean which was lovely. They had a Starbucks on site, which is fully operational not a small counter top deal. I love Starbucks so I was happy about that. Lunch in the restaurant was very nice. The gym is nice stacked with towels, fruit, the daily paper and fruit infused water for those working out. They also provide iced tea and fruit water in the front of the hotel if you are waiting for your car. The only draw was that the pool was only operational for one night I was there. The other 2 nights it was closed because they were updating the filtration system. I wasn't aware of this nor told this when registered. I found out by seeing a note from the hotel on the nightstand in the room. The hot tub was still available and you could of course lay out and sunbath. The hammocks were a nice treat. This hotel is about a 35 min drive into the city. I took the car service Uber to get around which helped nicely. Another nice thing is they have an electronic board that list the airlines with arrival and departure times so you can check your flight there as well. A lot of airline crew stay at this hotel so you will see a lot of them as well. Bummer you have to pay for wifi. I recommend this hotel. You will love it. It is beautiful and the staff are really nice.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a balcony overlooking the pool. It's worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Desrene W
Steven H, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

I'm so delighted to hear that we could help you celebrate your birthday. Thank you for staying with us. Your details are very helpful for others that are shopping for a place to stay in the area. I hope you'll stay with us again.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

After a week in LA, I needed to kill about 8 hours before a redeye flight. I decided to get a hotel for the day close to LAX, and the Marriott came up as the best value. Normally I use the Sheraton Gateway or Four Points, but the rate dictated Marriott this time. I dropped my bags off at the hotel and then returned my rental car so I didn't have to deal with it later.

The lobby at the Marriott is huge and busy. It felt way more active than the Sheraton. Check-in didn't take too long but I would recommend using mobile check-in if you can. The staff was very friendly and I was headed to my 9th floor room quickly.

The King room was smaller than I was expecting. It was well equipped and comfortable, but tighter than I'm used to in that area. The AC in the room was somewhat noisy, too, but not a deal breaker.

I had a lot of time to kill so I really got to experience the hotel amenities. The exercise room is one of the best I've ever seen at a hotel. Huge, lots of options, and they also provide free fruit for post-workout snacks. The exercise room overlooks the pool area, which is where the hotel really shines. Even though this is an airport hotel, it feels like a resort at the pool. Amazing pool and hot tub, waitresses bringing drinks and snacks, lots of comfortable chairs. I never thought a Century Boulevard hotel could be a family vacation destination, but it was obvious that many people do just that.

I would happily book at the Marriott again in the future, especially if I planned to spend a lot of time on property. There are multiple restaurants in the lobby ranging from pricey steaks to reasonable burgers. The airport shuttle picked up right out front, but it did make one stop at the Courtyard on the way to the airport. Keep that in mind to plan your departure time correctly.

Stayed: August 2014

It's great to have such a detailed review from such an experienced traveler. I really appreciate all of your comments and observations. Thank you for spending time with us, I hope you'll return.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This hotel is very convenient to LAX and car rentals. The rooms are very quite and you are not bothered by air traffic noise. There are several restaurants on site. The desk clerk (Edmund) was very polite and helpful. He was an excellent representative for Marriott.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank drsyn2
Steven H, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

I really appreciate your kind words, thank you for staying with us. I'll pass along your comments to the team as well.
Very best,

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

One thing for sure, this Marriott is in a convenient location to LAX. I was there for just a night, got in late and left early.

Late night check-in was super easy with many staff members eager and capable.

My room was in a convenient location with a pool view (nice).

Check out was equally smooth, no lines, eager staff again.

We did have breakfast and it was only OK, not that good, but that's the only soft spot.

The room was good. The bath was somewhat dated, yet clean enough.

The bed was truly excellent as was the pillow selection.

I'd stay there again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank garbermike
Steven H, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Thank you for the great review, I'm glad to hear that you'll return.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

What a jaw dropping difference from most places we've stayed reguardless of the star rating.The staff at this hotel deserve to be recognized for the way they treat their guests.Our experience especially from the front desk(Kelly) and her supervisor Ian Campbell was the best we have ever received anywhere.They really make you feel like they are pleased to have you stay at their hotel.The hotel has everything as far as facilities and when the staff are of this caliber how can you not have a great stay. Ray Calgary AB

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much, I am so very delighted by your review. I will pass your comments along to the team. I hope you'll stay with us again, Ray.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Hello!

I've stayed at this hotel 2 times - once in December 2002 and again in July 2014. I'm always impressed to come back here, as the hotel is well maintained and very comfortable to all type so travelers - business and family. This July, my sister and I paid for 2 rooms, as we treated our parents to an all-inclusive trip. The rooms, one with 2 doubles and one with a king bed, were adjoining and very clean and comfortable. Both had pool views with very large balconies. This place really feels like a resort, and it's hard to believe that it's so close to the airport once inside.

My only cons about this property:

1. Too many children in the pool: There were so many kids swimming in the pool during our week stay here, that I felt like I was in a Disney hotel or something. It wasn't very comfortable, especially for adults looking for that quiet evening by the pool, with a cool drink and a good read.

2. Parking: Parking is WAY overpriced, and half the time, the lot was full, making it very difficult to find a parking place. I don't think that was fair, especially to paying guests.

3. Lack of knowledge by Concierge: He wasn't at all knowledgeable about "touristy" things to do in the area. We asked for a scenic route to San Diego and he couldn't recommend one. He just gave us the expressway directions. ...Luckily, the bell-boy/man was standing nearby and overheard us talking to concierge and was able to recommend a very, very nice drive down the coast with great photo stops along the way! We really appreciated his help! Maybe these guys need to switch jobs?

4. Restaurant prices are ridiculous: It's very expensive to eat at the restaurants, but luckily, the hotel is located near many different types of restaurants.

5. Business area: The business area is NOT free! Guests are charged to use the computers. Be sure to bring your laptop with you if you don't have an i-phone or anything like that.

All in all, I really enjoyed this hotel and would return back to it whenever I'm in the area. The rooms are clean and the staff is very, very helpful and friendly.
Thanks for making our stay so nice, Marriott Lax!

--Torri

Room Tip: Choose a room with a pool view and balcony! It's so pretty at night and even at day.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Coolwindzephyr

Thank you for the detailed review of your stay. I know that other travelers will benefit from your observations. I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't get directions to the scenic view to San Diego. Indeed, PCH doesn't always go right next to the water, but there are some great views once you hit South Orange County. I really appreciate that you are a loyal guest and hope you return to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Me and my wife stayed at this property the night before an early flight. My expectations about the property was low ... I've stayed at plenty airport hotels and the lion's share are in poor condition, dirty and the hotel staff is usually angry about being at work. This hotel is an exception to my past experiences. The hotel staff was attentive and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. Hats off to the management and staff at his property ! You absolutely earned and deserved a 5 rating!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank D M
Steven H, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much, I really appreciate your compliments and hope you will return.