“Awesome stay for a tired family”

Los Angeles Airport Marriott
Ranked #65 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Shanghai, China
“Awesome stay for a tired family”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Marriott LAX made me happy today and that is because my wife and kids were elated once we walked into the door.

We flew in from Portland on our way to Shanghai and checked in for the evening. First, the kind gentleman on the airport shuttle helped me load up 10 pieces of luggage. Great guy. Of course I tipped him. Then the bell-hop at the hotel. Excellent. Helped me to the desk and checked in my bags downstairs. Room service brought us extra towels and coffee and tea. I asked the front desk if they could recommend an Asian restaurant that would deliver. AYARA Thai Cuisine. Wow. What a great way to make my wife and daughters happy. Wonton- 2.5 / 5 stars but the soup itself was yummy 4 stars. Seafood fried rice- 4/5 stars, and yellow curry chicken/potato 4/5 stars. Plenty of food for four. AYARA- 4 stars for great Asian food on the fly.

LAX Marriott is only 5 minutes from the terminal, so a perfect place to stay while flying in or out.

What a great way to end the day.

Ahhh- tomorrow- 17 hours Hong Kong to Shanghai. Almost home.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 18th floor.. very quiet. I booked the room with our United Miles on the United web...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Steven H, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
It's great to hear that we made you and your family so comfortable. Your detailed review will be a big help to other travelers as well. Thank you so much, I hope you'll return.
~ Steven H.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (495)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Virginia
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Pros: Close to airport, clean and comfortable room (we had a small fridge), beautiful pool, great fitness center, sunset could be seen on upper floors on even number room, friendly and helpful staff

Facts: Waited 15 minutes for shuttle from LAX to hotel; waited for shuttle from hotel to LAX - waited 10 minutes and it took 30 minutes (stopping at Courtyard before LAX) to get to United terminal.

Can walk to Budget and Avis rental car.

Cons: Business center is owned by FEDEX so I was not able to use a printer, but front desk was able to print something for me.

Room was located on the side of the airport and I could hear the planes in the morning (not loud but definitely noticeable).

Parking is expensive with in/out privileges.

I would definitely stay here again but may use the shuttle to beaches rather than rent a car. Didn't take advantage but concierge said it was $5pp to Manhattan Beach or $1 to Santa Monica (longer).

Room Tip: If you enjoy watching planes land and take off, then choose a higher floor and even numbered room.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thanks for the great tip for other travelers about how to watch planes, as that is something many do enjoy. I really appreciate your detailed review and hope you will stay with us again.
Again, thank you.
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed at this Marriott by LAX airport July 22-25, 2014. This is such a nice hotel. It is amazingly convenient to the airport. Upon arrival my guest and I were greeted very warmly. It was a birthday stay for me, which I made sure to mention. They hotel gave me a prime room, with a balcony which overlooked their gorgeous pool. I was also given a $50 credit to eat at any of the hotel restaurants during my stay. A nice surprise. The room was great. Overlooking the pool was like I was somewhere in the Caribbean which was lovely. They had a Starbucks on site, which is fully operational not a small counter top deal. I love Starbucks so I was happy about that. Lunch in the restaurant was very nice. The gym is nice stacked with towels, fruit, the daily paper and fruit infused water for those working out. They also provide iced tea and fruit water in the front of the hotel if you are waiting for your car. The only draw was that the pool was only operational for one night I was there. The other 2 nights it was closed because they were updating the filtration system. I wasn't aware of this nor told this when registered. I found out by seeing a note from the hotel on the nightstand in the room. The hot tub was still available and you could of course lay out and sunbath. The hammocks were a nice treat. This hotel is about a 35 min drive into the city. I took the car service Uber to get around which helped nicely. Another nice thing is they have an electronic board that list the airlines with arrival and departure times so you can check your flight there as well. A lot of airline crew stay at this hotel so you will see a lot of them as well. Bummer you have to pay for wifi. I recommend this hotel. You will love it. It is beautiful and the staff are really nice.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a balcony overlooking the pool. It's worth it.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Desrene W
I'm so delighted to hear that we could help you celebrate your birthday. Thank you for staying with us. Your details are very helpful for others that are shopping for a place to stay in the area. I hope you'll stay with us again.
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

After a week in LA, I needed to kill about 8 hours before a redeye flight. I decided to get a hotel for the day close to LAX, and the Marriott came up as the best value. Normally I use the Sheraton Gateway or Four Points, but the rate dictated Marriott this time. I dropped my bags off at the hotel and then returned my rental car so I didn't have to deal with it later.

The lobby at the Marriott is huge and busy. It felt way more active than the Sheraton. Check-in didn't take too long but I would recommend using mobile check-in if you can. The staff was very friendly and I was headed to my 9th floor room quickly.

The King room was smaller than I was expecting. It was well equipped and comfortable, but tighter than I'm used to in that area. The AC in the room was somewhat noisy, too, but not a deal breaker.

I had a lot of time to kill so I really got to experience the hotel amenities. The exercise room is one of the best I've ever seen at a hotel. Huge, lots of options, and they also provide free fruit for post-workout snacks. The exercise room overlooks the pool area, which is where the hotel really shines. Even though this is an airport hotel, it feels like a resort at the pool. Amazing pool and hot tub, waitresses bringing drinks and snacks, lots of comfortable chairs. I never thought a Century Boulevard hotel could be a family vacation destination, but it was obvious that many people do just that.

I would happily book at the Marriott again in the future, especially if I planned to spend a lot of time on property. There are multiple restaurants in the lobby ranging from pricey steaks to reasonable burgers. The airport shuttle picked up right out front, but it did make one stop at the Courtyard on the way to the airport. Keep that in mind to plan your departure time correctly.

Stayed August 2014
It's great to have such a detailed review from such an experienced traveler. I really appreciate all of your comments and observations. Thank you for spending time with us, I hope you'll return.
Mobile, AL
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This hotel is very convenient to LAX and car rentals. The rooms are very quite and you are not bothered by air traffic noise. There are several restaurants on site. The desk clerk (Edmund) was very polite and helpful. He was an excellent representative for Marriott.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank drsyn2
Steven H, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
I really appreciate your kind words, thank you for staying with us. I'll pass along your comments to the team as well.
Very best,
Holmdel, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

One thing for sure, this Marriott is in a convenient location to LAX. I was there for just a night, got in late and left early.

Late night check-in was super easy with many staff members eager and capable.

My room was in a convenient location with a pool view (nice).

Check out was equally smooth, no lines, eager staff again.

We did have breakfast and it was only OK, not that good, but that's the only soft spot.

The room was good. The bath was somewhat dated, yet clean enough.

The bed was truly excellent as was the pillow selection.

I'd stay there again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank garbermike
Steven H, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Thank you for the great review, I'm glad to hear that you'll return.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 1 August 2014

What a jaw dropping difference from most places we've stayed reguardless of the star rating.The staff at this hotel deserve to be recognized for the way they treat their guests.Our experience especially from the front desk(Kelly) and her supervisor Ian Campbell was the best we have ever received anywhere.They really make you feel like they are pleased to have you stay at their hotel.The hotel has everything as far as facilities and when the staff are of this caliber how can you not have a great stay. Ray Calgary AB

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much, I am so very delighted by your review. I will pass your comments along to the team. I hope you'll stay with us again, Ray.