“Two night Airport stop over.”

Los Angeles Airport Marriott
Ranked #67 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Two night Airport stop over.”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Marriott LAX.

Stayed for two nights for start of our holiday, very good location right at LAX with good shuttle bus service to the hotel and most car hire locations just a short walk away.

Although the hotel looks tired from the outside the public areas like our room were clean and well decorated. The staff who we encountered were all very helpful and polite.

Our room was very spacious with a balcony and view over the pool. No noise problems from the airport. Well appointed bath room with nice toiletries. The only negative would be the lack of power sockets, may seem petty but having a desk in the room with no power points close by and having to unplug lamps to try and charge our electronics was a small inconvenience.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view with balcony.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Steven H, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
It's great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't find that there were enough outlets in your room though. I hope that you'll stay with us again when you're in Los Angeles.
~ Steven H.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (498)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Rochester NY
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed one at the LAX Marriott in January 2014. Good hotel in a convenient location - very easy and close to LAX airport.

This is a standard Marriott Hotel - nice but not a resort location. Pleasant and professional staff and the room was clean but not large.

If I needed proximity to LAX again, I will be back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the kind words, it's great to hear that you will return when you're in the area.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel have an exceptional staff. Most of the employees Are very helpful and very nice from the valet parking guy to their restaurants staff. Parking prices is extremely expensive even for people that staying at hotel but in overall good hotel.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Steven H, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
I'm delighted to hear of your stay, thank you for your comments.
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We arrived at the hotel after 3 days at Disneyland, hoping to have a restful stay before our afternoon flight back to London the following day. Upon arrival, the hotel lobby was very crowded, which proved intimidating to our 3 small children. Check-in was difficult, largely because the receptionist was not a native English speaker, and had very little English. When we finally accessed the room, it was small, noisy and dirty. Given the lateness and the fact that our children were exhausted, we ordered room-service, which was VERY expensive, and really poor. The double bed was tiny, and the crib for our infant daughter was finally delivered at 11pm! We found it hard to sleep, as the a/c in the room didn't work, and it was also very noisy, as we were located above the pool, which was supposed to close at 10pm but didn't. The charge of almost 15 dollars for wi-fi summed up the attitude of the hotel - residents unlucky enough to stay there were used as a way of making money and nothing else.
At breakfast the next day, we were made to queue for 45 minutes for a table. The very expensive (spotting a theme here?!) buffet was nasty, and we were refused a highchair, with the third person we asked (the first 2 didn't understand English) telling us that they were "all out of highchairs, there are too many babies in here". I really wish we hadn't stayed here, it proved a stressful and unpleasant end to our holiday, and as a result I will never use the Marriott brand again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments, we will be in touch as we discussed through private message.
Best,
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 10 August 2014

As a frequent traveler (I'm Hilton Diamond and Marriott Gold - that tells you how many nights I spend in hotel rooms), I freely admit I have high standards. That being said, I think this is the first time I've given a hotel anything less than a 4 out of 5 rating on Trip Advisor.

There were two main reasons I selected this hotel - the proximity to the airport, and the fact I had a Marriott gift card. Actually, the second reason was of higher priority, as I had originally planned at staying at the Hilton one block away. In retrospect, I wish I had stayed at the Hilton.

Things got off to a bad start when I requested (and was told I had received) a room upgrade. However, when I arrived in my room, it was SMALL. I felt especially claustrophobic in the bathroom with very limited space between the toilet, door, and bathtub. And the room certainly was not an upgrade (at least not what I'm used to in Hilton properties.) In fact, I have stayed in much larger rooms in London, and London is known for its small rooms! I thought - okay, if this is the only problem, well, then life's not so bad!

Then I found a rather large fingernail (yes, a fingernail) in my bed, right on top of my sheets, when I went to turn down my bed that evening. Granted, housekeeping was quite apologetic and remade my bed with fresh sheets. But no one said to me, "Sir, how can we make this up to you?" Strike two...

The next morning, I went to the Concierge Lounge promptly at 6 a.m. when they opened. Foolish me assumed the eggs and sausages would be nice and hot when they were first brought out. I guess I shouldn't assume! I wasted an entire plate of food because it was barely warm (bordering on cold). I went back to the food area, stirred up the scrambled eggs myself and dug down deep in the eggs and sausage - finallly finding some hot food. When I mentioned it to the staff in the Concierge Lounge, they didn't seem the least bit concerned. Nor did I see them attempt to rectify the situation or follow up with me. Strike three....

Then, I headed down to the whirlpool (after a lackluster breakfast) around 6:15 a.m. The signage indicated it was supposed to open at 6 a.m., but there was a large sign blocking entrance and the whirlpool wouldn't turn on. So, I put a shirt back on and walked upstairs to the front desk. They did send a maintenance person who was able to get the whirlpool started and removed the large, obtrusive sign. But, shouldn't it have been ready to go promptly at 6 a.m.? And did I mention that the whirlpool was not even hot? Strike four....

And then there were other things....the Concierge Lounge wasn't open much over the weekend, other than for breakfast. Just because I wasn't there on business doesn't diminish my Marriott Rewards Gold status. And there were always kids in the whirlpool. Oh, and there was very little shade around the pool area.

The hotel is a short (10-15 minute) walk from Terminal 1, which is handy if you don't want to wait for a shuttle bus. And the pool area, overall, is quite nice.

Other than those two key features, this hotel has nothing going for it. Next time I'll likely go with my gut and stay at the Hilton.

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you want a small European-style hotel room.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank chrisinnova
Steven H, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for your detailed review, I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay. I'll be sending you a private message. I appreciate your comments.
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Located near LAX, it has a great location, because its "near" many turist areas: hollywood, beverly hills, venice beach, six flags, universal... You can get to all this places in less than an hour, which is fast for L.A traffic. Parking not included, it's 24$ per day and no wi-fi in rooms. The pool is fantastic and also the fitness room. It has a good restaurant and a starbucks. The rooms and the hotel are in good conditions, but a bit old. Ask for a top floor (cool airport view and more sun).

• Stayed July 2014
Steven H, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our location, we're in a great spot for an L.A. home base. Thank you for staying with us.
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed here recently on a layover from LAX; very comfortable rooms, top notch pool area and good variety of food offered in several hotel restaurants (including a Starbucks, great for grabbing a coffee to take on the shuttle to catch an early-morning flight). Stayed here several times in the 80's - if anything, it has gotten better over the years. Recommended for a comfortable layover or a convenient base for exploring the Westside/South Bay areas of Los Angeles.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review, I appreciate hearing about your experience with us.