Our stay here was OK but we didn't feel that the staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome as the staff at our previous hotel in Anaheim had done. The rooms and hallways of the hotel were quite dark and cave like and the noise from the traffic in our room was terrible, especially when we were trying to sleep at night. We didn't feel like the staff was particularly knowledgeable at all. I asked where I could go to mail a parcel and was told that I'd have to get on a bus and travel miles. I checked Google for myself and found a UPS store within walking distance. Other times I asked for advice from the staff at the front desk, I was told to go and ask the lady who worked in the gift store. This would have been fine because she was lovely and helpful but often when we were referred to her by the other staff, it was during times that the store was closed. We were unimpressed with the restaurant, it was expensive and the food was underwhelming. We ordered a burger and it was undercooked (almost raw), we ordered the salmon and it was overcooked and the "lava" in our lava cake was solid. It really wasn't good enough considering the price we paid. the one positive point from our restaurant experience was our lovely waitress. Unfortunately I can't remember her name but she was a young girl with long straight hair. We also encountered her at the bar near the pool and she was lovely and really went out of her way to be helpful and welcoming. Next time we will definitely stay somewhere in a more convenient location and hopefully a more helpful staff and welcoming atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walk into The Garland and you're instantly transported to a secluded, urban oasis, yet close to all the action and excitement of Universal Studios, Hollywood and LA's best attractions. Nestled within seven tree-shaded acres, this authentic LA experience is complete with a welcoming vibe and modern amenities to keep you plugged in, yet completely relaxed. Our guests enjoy a glittering pool under sunny skies, dining on savory dishes and sipping perfect martinis during sunset. The Garland is setting the standard for 'Retro-cool'. Check in and check it out. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Garland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beverly Garland`s Holiday Hotel Los Angeles
- Holiday Inn Beverly Garlands
- Holiday Inn Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Holiday Inn