The Garland
US$450
  • Breakfast included
US$135
  • Pool
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$210
US$193
  • Pool
Viceroy Santa Monica(Santa Monica)
US$619
US$260
US$335
US$297
  • Pool
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$147
Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$434
  • Beachfront
US$174
US$138
FourPoints.com
3,281 results
All reviewsuniversal studiosfree shuttleyard restaurantbrady bunch housetrolley servicenorth hollywoodholiday innel doradopool areametro stationlovely hotelbunk bedson site restauranthot tubstudio citysmall balconycity walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We had a quick one night stay, literally arriving and then running right out the door to make it to our evening activity, thanks LA traffic !! We didn't spend much time taking advantage of the hotel facilities unfortunately but were happy with our room, it was clean and comfortable and reasonably quiet. The large TV with HD channels was a pleasant surprise but I was disappointed at the lack of a fridge and microwave. Would try again for our next trip to this area

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Overall the hotel was good. They will be going through refurbishment plans changing a lot of aspects shortly. Worryingly they are going for a but of a 70s colour scheme so watch this space. In the meantime, it doesn't feel like a chain hotel and is much more charming. A definite bonus to have the shuttle trolley. Staff all friendly. Breakfast was good. Bathroom tatty but aren't they all! Bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank meeshnips
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

A nice hotel in a great location. The room was clean and the attached restaurant, Tula's was great.

We didn't realise but our room was quite a lot more expensive than usual due to the E3 computer games conference, which is near the hotel. Hence the poor value for money. This was almost as expensive as the Biltmore!

The shuttle to and from universal was great.

The staff were generally really great, however, there was a problem with the computer system and when we got back the first day, the girl on reception was so rude to me and I was so tired after a long day, that I went to the room and cried! I know she was probably stressed about the computers but that wasn't my fault, and surely holiday inn staff should specialise in how to talk to tired guests! This was a honeymoon trip and my husband was so angry he wanted to go and speak to them but I told him to leave it.

One of the bell boys was also so determined that we would go on the tour of LA that he rang our room at 8.30am and woke us up to try and get us to go on the trip, after we said we would let him know if we decided to.

Aside from these incidents we did have a great time. We just really wanted a nice clean hotel close to universal. This was more expensive than we wanted but due to the E3, it was the best we could find.

Tula's restaurant & bar is great! We had gorgeous food and fantastic margaritas! All the staff were brilliant, the only name I remember was Micah, but they were all great :)

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Stayed one night because of the closeness to the Universal Studios. The room is small, kids section is very tiny, it is devided by a "paper" wall from parents sections. In this hotel there was also one strange unsafe construction located above the bunk bed (the one close to the ceiling). There was a coming upfront edge just above the head of the sleeper. When we opened the door to the balcony to have some fresh air - the noise from the freeway was so loud that we had to forget about it. The restaurant in the hotel is good, food was tasty. One thing which I have found a little uncommon: the breakfast was for free for a small kid but you have to pay a tax for it. Personally I don't understand it. We didn't go to the small pool but it was popular with other guests.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Scott M, General Manager at The Garland, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

cOsmOpOlite: We appreciate your feedback and are sorry for your disappointment with the kids suite, which is our most popular and most requested room type. Summer is our busy season and typically rates are the highest, although we are a value compared to many local competitors. Thanks for the positive feedback on our restaurant.

Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here after getting a package for Universal Studios. As I was travelling with teenagers I needed a second room which I booked direct with HI. They tied the two rooms together without being asked. Rooms were OK but no fridge or mini-bar (?) restaurant seemed a bit pricey but local outlets are convenient. Gym was fine and pool clean and well used. Shocked at USD 3 washing and drying very steep and unjustified. Perfectly adequate and very handy for USH with free shuttle.

• Stayed: August 2013