The Garland
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
BLVD Hotel & Spa(Los Angeles)
  • Restaurant
El Patio Inn(Los Angeles)
Hotel Amarano Burbank(Burbank)
  • Room Service
Holiday Lodge(Burbank)
The Tangerine(Burbank)
3,279 results
All reviewsuniversal studiosfree shuttleyard restaurantbrady bunch housetrolley servicenorth hollywoodholiday innel doradopool areametro stationlovely hotelbunk bedson site restauranthot tubstudio citysmall balconycity walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

My family stayed here for two nights during our two-week trip to California. I chose it over several of the hotels in the heart of Hollywood--and I'm sure glad I did! It was so spacious and peaceful that I had to keep reminding myself I was in Los Angeles. The kids loved playing in the huge outdoor pool, and I appreciated being able to do some laundry while they swam. The hotel has a 70's feel to it, and we affectionately called it the Brady Bunch hotel; however, the rooms were modern, spacious and clean. We did eat in the restaurant one evening--the food and service were good, and kids ate free! I was a bit apprehensive about the busy freeway so close by, but was pleasantly surprised that I didn't hear it much. Despite being away from central Hollywood, it was still a very convenient drive to the studio tours, Walk of Fame and Beverly Hills. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I recently stayed at the Beverly Garland for 7 days as part of a dance convention - some of which was held at the hotel. I really enjoyed the quirkiness of the hotel.... it definitely didn't feel like a chain hotel as it seemed very unique in it's decor. Our room was great size wise and we never felt on top of one another in the space. I also liked the fact that our room had two sinks - one outside and one inside the bathroom which was just great for my daughter and I as we both had our own. The shower pressure was awesome - I just love a strong powerful shower!!! The only thing bathroom wise that I didn't like was the fact that the sink took forever to drain and I'm not a big fan of that when I brush my teeth and have to wait for the sink to drain after and try and wash my rinsed toothpaste away. I have to be honest and say that I did find the bed to be pretty uncomfortable.... especially, the bedding which I found to be very heavy on top of me, it just didn't seem snuggly enough, if that makes sense. That's my only real reason for giving the hotel an average rating as I didn't really have a good night's sleep for any night that I was there. After having read the reviews on trip advisor before going, I got a room in the Portola building away from the Freeway and I honestly didn't have a problem at all with noise at all (and I am a pretty light sleeper). My daughter and her friends enjoyed the movies by the pool at night - swimming and watching a movie was a great way to relax after a busy day. We also ate during the Happy Hour in the bar and the food was awesome - would totally recommend the Quesadillas! They were yummy! The staff were also very helpful and friendly. I think the hotel could do with some updating and the bedding renewed so it would be a little more cozy but I would still recommend this hotel as a place to stay; especially if you are looking to go to Universal as the shuttle to there is great (about a 7 min drive). We didn't have a car but do be aware there is a cost to park your car there.

Room Tip: Portola buidling is away from the Freeway.... would suggest second floor or higher in that building. Or ask to overlook the pool as then you won't be on the Freeway side.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Scott M, General Manager at The Garland, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

Blebsie: Thanks for calling us "home" for a week. We appreciate your comments on our great summer programming, happy hour food and the friendly and helpful attitude of all our team. We apologize for your experience with the sink draining and we do have systems in place to prevent future occurrences. Good luck to your daughter with the dancing!

Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights; 2 adults and 2 kids. Rooms were adequate. Each day new toiletrees should have been given, so fekt the hotel was a little cheap in this area. Pool was nice though kids should be allowed in the hot tub! On site restaurant Food was great but the service was a bit slow; took forever to get a bill. Kids eat free excellent bonus!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We stayed two nights and were very happy with the service and room offered. The added bonus was the shuttle from the hotel to Universal every half hour. Breakfast was great and the customer service offered to us in the restaurant was outstanding.
Nothing to fault on this hotels location, room quality and customer service. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank jillybean66
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Clean, friendly hotel, Tulas restaurant very good, rooms a bit dated, liked movie night in the pool great fun for kids after a long day. Free shuttle to the park, bit noisy at the back of the hotel due to the highway, lots of seating areas to relax after a busy day, overall good location.

Room Tip: Front of the building is quieter than the rooms at the back beside the highway
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Jackie M: Thanks for all the positive comments on our hotel. We recently completed a major project to install all new soundproof sliding glass doors in our guestrooms which really has resolved the potential for noise issues. We always accept guest requests and try our best to accommodate on arrival.