This was our second visit to the Beverly Garland, we previously stayed in 2009 when it was a Holiday Inn and have recommended it to family and friends. This time we also throughly enjoyed our stay even though they are still renovating. Our first room had a strange smell and we couldn't get the airconditioning to work but they happily moved us to another room and we were very happy. On our first night the fire alarms went off at 2:45am and we self evacuated to the car park. My only real criticism about the BG is that no staff came to check on the welfare of the guests or tell us what was going on. I was aware of a security guard during the evacuation but guests were left in the car park and decided when to go back to their rooms. Also a bit of worry that the fire department didn't attend. Of course this could have all be going on in the background but it would have been comforting to know if it was a false alarm or a real situation that had been sorted out. Apart from that our stay was wonderful. Warren's Blackboard formerly Tula's is lovely and the food was very nice. A friendly waitress told us if we wanted to go into Hollywood we only need to to catch the 156 across the road and that is what we did - very convenient. Also the hotel has a free shuttle bus to Universal Studios and Citywalk. There is a small shopping centre within a 2 block walk that has a pharmacy, Starbucks, Ralph's market and few other stores. We felt very safe walking around though we did not venture out after dark. The hotel has an onsite laundry which I think was $3 per load. They also had a wet bar at the pool and showed free movies at the pool most nights. We thoroughly enjoyed our 5 night stay and would certainly stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walk into The Garland and you're instantly transported to a secluded, urban oasis, yet close to all the action and excitement of Universal Studios, Hollywood and LA's best attractions. Nestled within seven tree-shaded acres, this authentic LA experience is complete with a welcoming vibe and modern amenities to keep you plugged in, yet completely relaxed. Our guests enjoy a glittering pool under sunny skies, dining on savory dishes and sipping perfect martinis during sunset. The Garland is setting the standard for 'Retro-cool'. Check in and check it out. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Garland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beverly Garland`s Holiday Hotel Los Angeles
- Holiday Inn Beverly Garlands
- Holiday Inn Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Holiday Inn