My family stayed here for a week in a family room. The room was fine albeit we faced out onto the Freeway which was noisy.
The hotel was fine and had an excellent swimming pool which showed a movie each evening. A nice touch was the ample supply of towels at pool side.
The restaurant attached to the hotel was better than good and the staff very friendly which made up for the slightly less than helpful staff at reception.
Location was perfect for getting about and the shuttle bus very good for getting to universal studios.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walk into The Garland and you're instantly transported to a secluded, urban oasis, yet close to all the action and excitement of Universal Studios, Hollywood and LA's best attractions. Nestled within seven tree-shaded acres, this authentic LA experience is complete with a welcoming vibe and modern amenities to keep you plugged in, yet completely relaxed. Our guests enjoy a glittering pool under sunny skies, dining on savory dishes and sipping perfect martinis during sunset. The Garland is setting the standard for 'Retro-cool'. Check in and check it out. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Agoda, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Garland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beverly Garland`s Holiday Hotel Los Angeles
- Holiday Inn Beverly Garlands
- Holiday Inn Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Holiday Inn