We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in May as part of a multi-city vacation in California and Nevada. We chose the Beverly Garland based on other reviews and were not disappointed. The hotel is situated in North Hollywood, close to Universal Studios which is only a 5 minute drive away. The hotel has a minivan which takes guests and picks them up from Universal Studios; this service is free and we used it without any problems. The staff we encountered were all very nice and helpful including LaTanya who works in the gift shop and the waiter in the restaurant (I think his name was Milo?).
The rooms are comfortable and clean with good quality linens and towels. There was no in-room safe but it is possible to "hire" a safe in the business centre by the hotel lobby. Basically you pay a deposit for the safe key (I believe this was $25) and get it back when you return the key at the end of your stay. There is free wi-fi in the room (you need to ask the staff for an access code).
There is a good sized pool and hot tub plus a sauna and a gym. The pool area is really nice and there is even a fireplace which is especially handy when you have a dip after dark and you feeling a little bit chilly after getting out of the water. The pool area is open till 10pm.
There is also a laundy room on the lower ground floor of one of the buildings with a coin operated washer and dryer. You will need quarters for these, about $1.25 for the wash and $1 for the dryer (or vice versa - cannot remember). It costs $14 a day to park in this hotel. I believe this is the norm with many Los Angeles hotels especially ones near tourist attractions.
We enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would recommend it without hesitation. My one word of advice is to ask for a room that does not face the freeway (if you are a light sleeper). The first room we were offered faced the freeway and I knew straight away that this would not work for me. We went down to lobby again and asked for a room change, which they did graciously and without any hassle. We will return to the Beverly Garland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walk into The Garland and you're instantly transported to a secluded, urban oasis, yet close to all the action and excitement of Universal Studios, Hollywood and LA's best attractions. Nestled within seven tree-shaded acres, this authentic LA experience is complete with a welcoming vibe and modern amenities to keep you plugged in, yet completely relaxed. Our guests enjoy a glittering pool under sunny skies, dining on savory dishes and sipping perfect martinis during sunset. The Garland is setting the standard for 'Retro-cool'. Check in and check it out. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Priceline, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Garland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beverly Garland`s Holiday Hotel Los Angeles
- Holiday Inn Beverly Garlands
- Holiday Inn Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Holiday Inn