Sportsmen's Lodge Hotel
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$145
  • Pool
Viceroy Santa Monica(Santa Monica)
US$651
US$452
  • Pool
The Beverly Hills Hotel(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
US$1,114
US$558
US$512
  • Pool
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$147
  • Restaurant
Grafton on Sunset(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$266
  • Restaurant
Hollywood Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$486
US$363
  • Breakfast included
US$918
US$671
  • Beachfront
Embassy Suites by Hilton LAX North(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$210
US$193
  • Breakfast included
US$335
US$234
1,038 results
All reviewsstudio citypatio cafeuniversal studiosventura blvdpool barpool viewlarge poolhollywood historyfire pitstayed here for nightsfree shuttleminute drivebeverly hillsstarbuckssupermarketralphslodging
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I've known Sportsman's Lodge for decades--back when they had an arcade near the lake (I was a kid then.) and crawdads crawling around.

Since then it's lost this charm, but Studio City's past can be seen in the bowling alley down the street and the pitch and putt behind the wash.

I left something valuable to me in the room and could not recover it. No response from management when queried.

Room Tip: Casa Vega (Fulton & Ventura) has some of the best Mexican food anywhere. I've seen John Goodman having margaritas with friends one night.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Nathalie F, Director of Sales at Sportsmen's Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for your recent stay to the Sportsmen's Lodge Hotel. We appreciate you sharing your recent visit with us. I apologize the new look of the hotel did not meet your expectations. We would like to assist you in locating the lost item. Can you please contact Stephen Chavez, the General Manager at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We've stayed here on memorial day weekend of 2014. I picked this place because it was closed to Universal Studios and it offered a shuttle. Unfortunately the shuttle only ran from 9am and last shuttle coming back was around 6pm. Wish I would have known that early because we wind up driving as we wanted to go early and come back later to enjoy Universal City walk in the evening. The hotel is old from the outside but looks like the did some remodeling. Nice big pool. The room was big for my wife, my 8 year old daughter and me. Beds were comfy and wifi worked well in the room as we had 4 devices. We booked a pool view room and requested to be on the 3rd floor as I heard the pool can get loud. It was not loud at all, no pool parties as some have wrote. Maybe that is more in the summer time. There was a bar at the pool that some people were having lunch or drinks. You can also order drinks or lunch and have them deliver it to your pool lounge chair. I didn't use the restaurant in the hotel but there is one inside and one next door. Dinner time looked dead in there but breakfast look like it was busy. No fitness center at this hotel but you can use the one next door for a small fee. Many places to eat around the hotel. We actually grabbed some dinner at Mel's dinner which was about a couple of miles down the street. Lots of people walking around at night and we felt safe. It's about a 10 minute drive to Universal Studios, we drove to the world famous Pink's Hot Dogs in Hollywood and that was about a 15 minute drive. And we also found the Original House they used for the Brady Bunch which was about a couple of miles from the hotel. One thing I didn't care for was the $14 a day for parking. Staff was friendly and the property was clean. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Fredrock
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Lots of school and uni groups use the hotel! Watch out for the running around. Food over priced in cafe and breakfast poor. Upside is great location and nice pool. Also being used as a film set when we were there. Rooms big and comfy but have adjoining rims which increase noise.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent visit to the Sportsmen's Lodge Hotel. I apologize the hotel did not meet your expectations. As we approach the summer vacation months, we see more families traveling with children and student groups. Thank you again for staying with us. We hope you will come back and visit.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Darn... I really, really wanted to love this hotel. I live close by, and went there to relax by the pool and have a peaceful night's sleep yesterday. Unfortunately, both of those goals were not accomplished! I do have to say the remodel they did here is excellent... very tasteful, cool, and well-done. The hotel looks fantastic. The rooms are nice. The pool is great. And the food I had next to the food was great. But the pool was filled with seemingly hundreds of screaming kids until very late in the day. I was also unlucky enough to get a room right next to some serious partyers... and the walls are very thin, so I could hear every word from when they were in their room or partying on their balcony. I ended up having to leave. It's too bad, because I honestly wanted to love this place. I wish the pool scene was more of an adult scene... it honestly felt like a giant birthday party at Chucky Cheeze. But they really did a good remodel... feels like a Palm Springs hotel, just with far too many kids in the pool.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper room in a corner
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Kevin K

Thank you for your recent stay at the Sportsmen's Lodge Hotel. I apologize the hotel did not meet your expectations. We tend to see more families traveling during the summer months and the pool area can get loud at times. For your future stay, we recommend our Garden View rooms located away from the pool area. We hope you will come back and visit. Thank you.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I've stayed at this well - known hotel several times and I have also attended numerous banquet functions in the various social and party rooms. The place had always been a fixture in trendy Studio City and recent renovations have made it even more enjoyable. It has nice rooms surrounding a California pool, but you can request rooms in quiet areas. There's a well -known informal restaurant attached for breakfast and lunch....a prime meeting place for tv and film people with old Hollywood decor. The Sportsmen's. Lobby is big and attractive and the desk people are efficient. Rooms are clean and of a good size. Ventura Blvd and Laurel Canyon shops and restaurants are all right outside your door. Worth the price and,for LA, very fair.

Room Tip: Around the pool for fun and Hollywood types, quiet rooms away from pool.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business