“high expectations, average delivery”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Pain Quotidien

Le Pain Quotidien
Ranked #3,043 of 9,895 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Belgian, Cafe, European
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Westside
Description: Le Pain Quotidien serves simple, elegant boulangerie fare made with organic ingredients whenever possible: breakfast, tartines, pastries and handmade organic bread & many vegan and vegetarian options.
New York
“high expectations, average delivery”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I've been watching this restaurant for some time. I travel to Newport Beach several times per year and I happened to be there as they were first opening and they were training new employees. I told myself that the next time I was in town, I'd give it a try. When you walk in, there are beautiful desserts and breads to the right. There are many organic items, including organic coffee and teas. I love the fact that they are stepping in that direction. In my opinion, it's the only real food there is. I was excited to try one of their soups and a salad. We sat on the porch which had a glimpse of the ocean. It was lovely out there and the anticipation of a fabulous lunch was overwhelming.
My salad arrived, but much to my dismay, the only gluten-free option there was for a bread with my salad was a very dry cracker, tasteless and hard. I could have eaten the shoe box from the new pair of shoes I had purchased that weekend and found more flavor. That aside, my salad looked fresh, but it did lack a lot of interest and varied flavors. I was terribly disappointed.
My eyes wandered to other tables and other meals looked more interesting. I would probably try it again, but my salad and the other at our table were pretty average. I had an iced coffee that I was not permitted to have refills on, which I found very annoying. You can get hot coffee refills but not cold?
Service was friendly, but they are very busy so don't be in a rush. I think there are better options in this part of the world, including the incredible salad at cafe r+d....even a Nordstrom's cafe' salad. I also just LOVE the salads at Pain du Monde. This was more expensive, took longer to get waited on, and I'm still quite annoyed by no refills on a rather small iced coffee that, by the way, was 3.50.

I'll try it again, but I was not blown away the first time.
Oh yes, by the way, my bill was incorrect. We were charged approximately 2-3.00 more per salad than the stated price on the menu, which we did bring to the attention of the manager who adjusted it. I wonder how many people did not notice this that day.
The 'look' of the restaurant is wonderful and the concept is brilliant. I think I'll try something other than a salad next time, however.

• Visited August 2013

New Hampshire
“Small, great bread, great omelettes, excellent cafe au lait”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

If you need a place for breakfast in Westwood, this is a great choice. Much smaller that some of the other Pain Quotidien restaurants I've been to. Casual and warm atmosphere. No problem parking at 8:30 AM on a weekday.

Visited March 2013
California City, California
“Perfect breakfast hotspot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2012

This is a delightful cafe in UCLA area. The food was excellent-we had the smoked salmon special, spinach goats cheese fretata and a waffle. Brilliant sizes and high quality flavour (although the waffle was quite small but very tasty). The staff are really friendly and we were just really blown away by this restarunt. It all tasted so healthy and flavourful and we left feeling full but not overstuffed! Very relaxing atmosphere. Nice way to start the weekend.

Los Angeles
“Sandwich and coffee supreme”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2012

Quality sandwiches, portions are large. Good coffee, service is slow. Not in a rush? Otherwise it might be a problem

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Frank G
San Diego, California
“A taste of France in LA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

La Pain has a few locations on the west coast and more in the east coast. All are good but this one hits home just a bit more than the others service us z little slower as it seems to be in all of them, but the food is five-star good.