“Best place in Burbank”

Ranked #250 of 10,749 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Neighbourhood: North San Fernando Valley
Neighbourhood: North San Fernando Valley
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Great sushi and prices. What else can you ask for? I recomend the salads very amazing! Tv on the wall if your sitting at the sushi bar just makes it perfect.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Our friends have been going here for 20 years and thought they were exaggerating about Chiba so we decided to check it out. I've had sushi in a few places, but Chiba is by far truly the best! They were right...Shigy will make whatever you're craving. Their spicy tuna okoge (crispy rice) is my favorite! Their service is great as well! My other half enjoyed his oyster-shooter and sake shots! Definitely our favorite spot!

Reviewed 5 May 2013

We decided to go here based on the good trip advisor reviews and when we arrived we were a little hesitant based on its outside. However, from the moment we stepped through the door our impression was nothing but extremely positive. The service was super friendly, the atmosphere lovely and lively, and the food just brilliant. As a big fan of Japan, I am a big fan of this restuarant and would recommend without hesitation. It brightened up our day of sitting in LA traffic :) the bento was great value (tempura was lovely), sushi/sashimi was fresh and the mango mochi was lovely.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

This is our favorite sushi spot - I won't rate it down for the location, because it is part of its charm to go into a strip mall in a sketch neighborhood to get the best sushi in los angeles. I have been coming here for over 10 years. I used to drive from Alhambra, and we have met guests who have driven from further who go there regularly. I almost don't want to rate it, as it is already so popular!

Reviewed 13 April 2013

I was fortunate enough to be taken to lunch this week and we went to Chiba. I personally would never have chosen this place, because the neighborhood is one I usually avoid.

Tucked in a strip mall with horrid parking, walking into Chiba is like going through a stargate into a new world. You're greeted at the door with a genuine smile and seated in a crowded, fairly noisy room full of people who are all there for one thing: the FOOD. Fresh, delicately prepared with great skill and care, Chiba's sushi offerings are amongst the best fish I've ever had. They always bring a special appetiser bite to whet your appetite- a tiny tease of the bounty to come.

I must recommend the scallop roll, ours was cut and prepared with spicy mayo. I wanted another. But then the fatty tuna sushi came, and then the sweet shrimp (with the heads lightly tempura-fried later, as is custom), and then the spicy tuna hand roll. I would have just kept eating if I wasn't full.

The place is loud and busy, everything was delicious, and there's an energy in Chiba that made me forgive the location. I can't wait to go back and try the house special rolls.