“Excellent Stay”

Vagabond Inn San Pedro
Ranked #192 of 352 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Stayed at this hotel on our Catalina Island getaway weekend. This hotel is located about a mile from the port, shopping, restaurants and the Catalina Express, riht by the freeway exit. Very convenient location. The rate was reasonable when I booked it and when I saw the room, I knew it was a steal!! The rooms are clean, the beds are very comfortable. The hotel sorroundings are kept nice as well. The pool was clean and kept. The staff was friendly and helpful.
The best thing I could say is that I've already referred other friends to go stay there this Memorial weekend!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rosie B
There are newer reviews for Vagabond Inn San Pedro

Reviewed 8 April 2013

First time staying in San Pedro before boarding our ship.
Good choice my daughter made for us and their free shuttle to the ship was a bonus! Their driver was very friendly and chatted with us on the way. The assistant manager was a plus.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front will be noisy because of the busy street; rooms facing the back are fine.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank eatsallinsects
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Stayed in Vagabond Inn overnight before a cruise. Used SuperShuttle from LAX and free hotel shuttle to the cruise terminal. I would have given a top rating except for the fact that internet was not operating while we were there(and we had been counting on it for some last-minute communications and tourist info), and staff did not seem particularly concerned about it - a common occurrence, or a one-time problem??
-some touches we did not expect from a budget property, such as offer to carry our bags to our room, microwave for guest use in the office, personal check to make sure room was in order and all lights, Tv, etc in fine working order
-manager was friendly and extremely helpful with recommendations re restaurants and public transportation
-receptionist allowed me to use the office computer to look up a phone number
-room spacious with large desk and large counter next to sink (it's a pet peeve of mine when chi-chi properties have modern bathroom fixtures with absolutely no place to put your toiletry bag)
-basic in-room toiletries and "breakfast" (coffee and doughnut)
-location convenient -- we took the bus (just 25 cents for seniors!) a block and a half away - #205 north took us to Trader Joe's, then the bus back took us to the recommended Mexican restaurant Puesta del Sol (see my review).

-a relaxing way to start a cruise vacation - i would highly recommend this hotel -- just don't assume internet will be working

Room Tip: -rooms at the back are quiet
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chinookgal
Reviewed 3 March 2013

everything adequate you'd want and expect for price. walk to places to eat (we went to pizza place, $ 10 also selling pitchers of beer, walk out front door to Rt and on Rt side off Street in strip mall) also a dollar store same direction other side of street to stock up b4 cruise. brkf and shuttle to cruise ship free. from airport $ 38 / 2 Super Shuttle took 1 hr. no hair dryer, bad light to read by.

Room Tip: we stayed in back and it was quiet. the door to room opens to an outside hall, like a motel.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ReadyToGoMore
Reviewed 1 February 2013

My family and I have been using this hotel/inn for several years and am so happy to see the new renovations. The rooms are newly painted, clean, new mattresses and showers and new carpeting. The new furnishings are tastefully done. Breakfast is coffee and a sweet roll, but I didn't come for breakfast. Good coffee and you can take a spare, the people there are pleasant and helpful. Our car was left there safely for 2 weeks while we left the state.
It is within walking distance to eating areas and some shopping.
I will be back again and our children will also be using this hotel again.

Room Tip: Noisy in the front rooms, but ear plugs are a must when you travel. There are "no smoking"...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank paayawma
Reviewed 10 December 2012

This hotel is located just a mile away from the World Cruise Center. We stayed here the night before we embarked on a 7 day cruise. We were looking for a hotel that offered parking while we were on our trip. So we didn't have high expectations.

The staff was very nice and helpful, the hotel grounds were clean. However, the neighborhood was less than desirable. The parking area was not secure and during our stay a vehicle was broken into. Fortunately we managed to get a parking spot next to the hotel office so they were able to keep an eye on the car during out trip.

The rooms were clean minus the gang tag on the bathroom light. The complementary breakfast consisted of a box of donuts, coffee and juice.

This is a good value if you are doing the park, stay and cruise package. I would not have stayed here for any other reason.

• Stayed: December 2012
4  Thank Mwilliams26
Reviewed 25 November 2012

I was told by Expedia and verified it with a lady at the desk at the Vagabond Inn, that by staying there the night before a cruise I would have free parking during the cruise. When I checked in the manager said there would be a $100. charge for leaving my car. I called Expedia and had them talk to the manager and he argued with them. He told me to stay elsewhere but would charge Expedia, so Expedia said they could not refund me. The manager became so rude, saying I was trying to milk the system and no way would any employee there tell me there was free parking during a cruise. My mistake, I didn't get a name. He said if he didn't charge for parking, he would have to fire his workers and did I want that. He got really weird. Very bad place. Two other hotels in the area do have free cruise parking, The El Dorado for one.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family