“Fun With Kids”

Price range: US$1 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Universal City Area
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We enjoy our trips to Carney's. The burgers and hot dogs are good, and kids are free to play either inside or out. Service is slow but always with a smile.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

My friend and I went to this place for lunch while staying in West Hollywood, and both decided to get a veggie burger with cheese and a beer. Our meals were each about $10, which I found very reasonable for Sunset Blvd, and the staff were extremely friendly. We both agreed that our veggie burgers were absolutely delicious, and are actually still talking about them days later. It's a perfect place to go when you have that fast-food not super healthy veggie burger craving. If I am ever in that area again, or anywhere remotely close, I will be making an effort to go back.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I dream about this burger I ate here! It wasn't sloppy, the bread didn't go soggy, it was perfect! And the fries were yummy too. Plus I love the atmosphere of eating in a old train diner - that is cool too. It is a place you must try! Nice staff too.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

You might say "the battle is on" in hamburger vs hotdog. If you cannot decide, go and check out this place. Actually, it is a train beautifully renovated. When you step inside, past memories of train rides might just surface. The atmosphere is all abuzz as you stand in line to order. The choices of hamburgers vs hot dogs are extensive. Close your eyes and pick one off the menu. Our burger choices included even the garden burger, and the kids had to go for seconds with the hotdogs. Whatever you choose, the items are fresh. The tables are clean, and when you sit by the window looking out, you just might hear the train's engine, or is it a whistle..... oops my order is ready.....

Reviewed 29 January 2014

It was 11 p.m. and we had come out of a play at the Pantages and we were so hungry because we missed dinner. This looked interesting like an old train boxcar. When we pulled up and saw it was hamburgers and hot dogs we hesitated because it was so late and we were thinking the spicy chili on the food would keep us up but we were tired and hungry so we tried it. We each got a hot dog and added onions, mustard, chili, cheese and sauerkraut. My husband must have had a brain freeze because he never adds sauerkraut or chili to anything and as we looked at the food we thought...we are going to pay for this later by eating a ton of TUMS. I had a glass of Chardonnay and the glass was really little but the man behind the counter filled it to the top.

We ate the hot dogs and they were so good and the fries that came with it were so good, too! We looked around and more people were coming in though it was near midnight. Some were dressed elegantly and some just normal but everyone was getting those chili dogs or hamburgers which looked awesome like an In and Out Burger.

We looked at each other and decided to get a second one each and when I said I wanted another glass of wine one man told the other to fill my glass "to the top"! Ha!

We did not need any TUMS and had zero heartburn. Slept great. Will definitely go back!