“Not your usual Best Western”

Best Western Plus Carriage Inn
Ranked #40 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 9 May 2013

The room is a bit outdated showing signs of age and not as nice and clean as the typical Best Western rooms. It is not terrible but not as your would expect from BW. Parking is a bit tight, I found only 2 available spaces in all the lot when checking in late at night. Check-in was fine, but I was surprised that when I checked out I was asked if the safe box in the room had been used as there is a fee for this. Nowhere did I see this extra fee stated and I was not told about it during check-in. There are still renovations on the isles going on so there are workers going around the place. We got a room facing the quiet street on the side and still we could hear the noise from the highway in the back. For light sleepers, this could be annoying. The Denny's is the hotel's restaurant so you know what to expect. Wi-Fi worked fine.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank animateme
Write a ReviewReviews (1,218)

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Not having booked in advance, we were looking for an inexpensive hotel in LA and this is where we ended up going. The stay was alright. We waited a while to check in. The hotel was busy, but only a couple of staff at reception. Initially, they told us we had no reservation. Finally, after another 10 minute wait, our reservation was found. The hotel is quite big and the outside areas as not that appealing, but the room was actually quite nice. However, I did find someone else's hair in the bathtub, upon arrival. On check-out, we had another problem. We were told we had a reservation for two nights, as opposed to one. We had to open our e-mail accounts, to prove that our reservations were correct, and only for one night. So someone had messed up. Finally, all was resolved, but it was all a bit nerve-wracking for a while. I would not stay here again, even though it wasn't a bad deal in terms of value for money.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alwaystravelling3
ericybw, Manager at Best Western Plus Carriage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for completing the review regarding your recent stay at our property.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

I had a great stay at the Best Western. It was very affordable but the service and room exceeded my expectations. I needed an inexpensive place for a night for a business trip and booked here. I then looked at some of the reviews and began to worry- I was so relieved when I got to the front desk and the service was friendly and was truly amazed when I got to my room. It was clean, the bed was very comfortable, the t.v. large and new. I was able to order room service from Denny's the next morning and get to my meeting well rested, fed and on time. I usually don't write reviews, but felt it was necessary to share my good experience here. Give it a try!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I needed a place near Sherman Oaks with easy access to Beverly Hills and Ventura County for business. I had 2 different rooms here and both were great! This is a great value in a central location. Wifi is good and the service is great. They are attached to a Denny's (not my favorite) but they offer room service which can be helpful if you know what to order. I would recommend this and will be back. Lovely landscaping, near the highways but couldn't hear it (with the windows closed) and I'm a very light sleeper. Rooms were clean and well appointed, beds were great. This is a great value.

Room Tip: I like the ground floor rooms 138 ish.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank NewroadwarriorA
Reviewed 30 April 2013

First, staff at front desk are always professional and helpful. Beds are comfortable and rooms clean. Recent stays, however, had rooms full of gnats, windows covered with plastic form painting of the exterior so that you cannot see out or open a window. Paying full rates for these rooms is unreasonable. Also, smokers hanging outside on wlalkways is very unpleasant.

If managment deals with the windows and the gnats the property will be a good choice for travelers in the area.

Room Tip: Avoid the exterior rooms in the tower....cold air breezes through and the gnats love these rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Bellaroma777

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for completing the review regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future

We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the review. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

We stayed here one night because we wanted a hotel close to Univers studios. The staff was friendly and quick. The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. No complaints. I'm absolutely satisfied with my stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Cici808
Reviewed 23 April 2013

The rooms were a good size, and very modern, clean and comfortable. Location was great and just a short drive to Universal Studios. The staff in the neighboring Denny’s were great and we had breakfast there every morning!

Staff were helpful and friendly, check in & out was a breeze, there was plenty of parking available.

If you’re looking for somewhere to eat in the evening, I strongly recommend El Torito Grill just a mile down the road. Best Mexican food I’ve ever had!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jamie W
ericybw, Manager at Best Western Plus Carriage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.