“Very Impressed” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Carriage Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
BEST WESTERN PLUS Carriage Inn
Ranked #56 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Encinitas, United States
“Very Impressed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Although the exterior appears as an older motel the room furnishings are updated and of excellent quality. I was impressed with the toiletries and availability of a warm robe. It does have the older air/fan/heating systems but seems to function well. Breakfast is on the property at a Denney's with a10% discount only. It is right off the freeway which is really nice. Staff were very friendly and helpful. I would have used the Jacuzzi but it was not clean but this was in February.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWPCarraigeinn, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Carriage Inn, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Nancy B,

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am please to hear you had a good stay with us and that we were able to provide the accommodations you required for a successful stay. Also thank you for the feedback about the Jacuzzi and since we do provide this amenity year around, I want to make sure that it is always clean and available for our guests.

Thank you again, we hope you come back and see us again soon.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Carriage Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Was a bit worried when I saw the outside being first time in LA.Booked online from South Africa so bit sight unseen. Was put in a second floor room but no problem with suitcase as there was a lift.Reception staff were really friendly and competent and booking in was smooth .The room was nice, A bit tired but the king bed and super comfortable mattress had fresh clean sheets and pillows and was great after a 24 hours flight from Cape Town.The Denny's restaurant on the premises is handy and had friendly atmosphere and waiter. Area surrounding is a bit rough and there are a few restaurants around but I never ventured there.Great for a stop over but only a transition or a business stop over hotel.

Room Tip: Ground level rooms are easy access to Restaurant ,reception and parking lot .
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

This was my second visit to the hotel. Having had a positive stay on the previous occasion I was again not disappointed. The hotel has everything I required at a good price. The staff were always very helpful and pleasant and the room was a good quality and very clean.

Room Tip: Best if you get a room away from the main block!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
San Bernardino, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

The accommodations were maintained well and clean for the fair, modest price I booked on expedia.com. Despite a some construction on the premises for upgrades of rooms, I heard little noise in the evening during my 3 nights. Discounts at Denny's, free Wi-Fi and close parking to my room. No problems with noise of other guests and Sonny the in-house manager was pleasant. Not high-end but definitely comfy for a reasonable and safe local near freeways.

Room Tip: I used Expedia and got a good rate, But Ask for Sonny an he will match any deal!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Lake Balboa, CA.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

I stayed here one evening and it was very pleasant. A very nice room for a very competitive price. I would stay there again. An added bonus was the Denny's restaurant attached to the Best Western Carriage Inn.

Room Tip: My room faced the street, but the room was very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Waterloo, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed here for one night (was supposed to stay for 3) and it was a horrible experience!

The good: It's cute from the outside and relatively modern inside.

The bad: My sister woke up freaking out because she had bites all over her body after sleeping at this hotel. She found bugs in her bed and mine, in the towels and all along the window sill. We called the front desk who assured us they had just had the room "swept by dogs for bedbugs". We asked for someone to come up and look and tell us what the bugs were, they refused at first then sent a maid. The maid only looked on one corner of the bed and said there are bugs, but the front desk guy said she reported no bugs found anywhere in the room and he said she used "special equipment." When she came up, she had no equipment with her, just her hands and eyes. She assured us they were not bed bugs, but they were definitely bugs. The front desk guy refused to send up the manager, claimed he was sleeping, said he had already left for the day (it was 8am) and wouldn't be coming. I went down to the front desk and said I wanted whoever was in charge and someone came out who said he had just arrived and knew nothing about what was going on, but when I said we have bugs in our room he said the maid said the room had no bugs. I asked for the maid to come out and when she did, she confirmed there were in fact bugs in the room and that she had told the manager and the front desk this. I demanded a refund based on the lies and disgusting bugs and they refused saying they do not issue refunds on prepaid (through Priceline) reservations. I called priceline who spoke to them and got my refund. Seriously a horrible experience!

Stayed February 2014
5 Thank Randoname
BWPCarraigeinn, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Carriage Inn, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Randoname,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I was one of the Managers on Duty that day when you called the desk claiming there were bed bugs in your room. As I recall, you came to the desk and the other Manager came out to hear you and apologized for what happened. He also informed you that the room you stayed in was just recently inspected by a professional company, Iso Tech. He showed you the statement with specifics on the dates and room numbers that were inspected by them. Further, he offered to move you to a different room and you declined.
With your permission, we all went to the room and physically inspected the bed, windows, and the bathroom area. We pulled the bed sheets where your sister slept and inspected the seam of the bed and head board and did not see any sign or activity of bed bugs. I would assume if your sister freaked out due to bites all over her body, the bed would be infested, which is not in this case. In your presence, we also inspected the closet area, and did not find any sign or activity of bed bugs or any bugs for that matter. You showed us a picture of a bug in your phone on a white sheet, but could not locate any in the room.
Please be assured that all our rooms are inspected on a regular basis by a professional company.
San Jacinto, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

We had family visiting from norway and we were booking a stay in Los Angeles to visit Universal Studios. We always book Best Western. The hotel staff was exceptional in meeting our needs for comfort. the beds were very comfortable. But the staff made the stay here a great experienc.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family