“The Best Best Western”

GreenLeadersBronze level
new york, United States
“The Best Best Western”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stay at this hotel every year when visiting our children in Sherman Oaks, Ca. We think it's the best Best Western. It always meets alll our needs. We had a little problem with the air conditioner not working but it was fixed quickly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Robert S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The Best Western Carriage Inn in Sherman Oaks is filthy, very poorly maintained and the staff could not care less about neither it nor you.

The carpet in my room was so dirty that the bottom of my white socks became black within the first hour of entering the room.

I turned on the AC but nothing happened, I had to call the front desk that sent a maintenance guy to fix it.

TV reception was non existent because of a loose cable connection. I fixed it myself.

It was obvious that my room was not properly checked before being re-occupied.

My room key had to be reprogrammed at least 3 times during my stay; the lady at the front desk did not apologize once for the inconvenience caused to me by walking back and forth to the front desk each time this problem occurred.

The water in the sinks doesn’t drain properly, as a result its stagnant there for a while before going down the pipe. Upon my return in the room that night, the sink was still filled with my beard which I shaved off in the morning - I guess Housekeeping does not clean the sinks in this hotel, as well as my coffee maker which was untouched, the used coffee was replaced but the coffee maker and the coffee pot had still the coffee residue from the morning.

During my 3 days stay, I had to request shampoo and shower gel as it was finished and NOT replaced….maybe this is one of those Best Western cost cutting strategies?

I found FLEES in the bed, No need to comment further of this…

Lastly the Manager decided to charge me an extra $100 because he was inconvenienced by the delivery of parcels he had to store prior my arrival. I just can't believe that Best Western would allow their Managers to make up rules and prices as they like.
Don’t bother trying to reason with the manager himself because all he can say is “I’m sorry”. Funny enough this was my second stay there (look it up Mr. Manager, I was there last November...) and at that time I received the same amount of parcels which were delivered to my room without any problems. I can only assume that the lack of genuine care and proactive initiative by the Manager is reflected down to the staff and to the product.

This is the first negative review I have written on tripadvisor, but this hotel has way too many problems; the very basic hotel operations and service delivery are a huge lack in this place. There are plenty of Hotels out there who are far friendlier, costumer service oriented and better maintained than the Best Western Plus Carriage Inn.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Claudio T
BWPCarraigeinn, Manager at Best Western Plus Carriage Inn, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Bic23,

Thank you for taking the time to write your experience from your recent stay. We truly appreciate the comments and would like to apologize for not meeting and exceeding your expectations. Rest assured that all the issues and concerns brought to our attention have been addressed. As you may have noticed, we just replaced the case goods, bedding package, and wall vinyl in all the rooms with new carpeting installed. Furthermore, we just completed sealing the parking lot, replacing the roof, painted the stucco and trim.

In regard to the $100 extra charge, please be rest assured that you were not charged.

Please do not hesitate to contact myself at the property if I could be of further service

Fresno, California
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay here.The rooms are clean and easy to access. The staff is friendly. Kids enjoyed the pool as well as the hot tub.Was a less then 15 minute drive to Universal Studios. Short Drive to fast food and stores. Will stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
BWPCarraigeinn, Manager at Best Western Plus Carriage Inn, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear San559,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We really appreciate the feedback from our guests and want to keep providing the best accommodations we possibly can. We certainly look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Richard
AGM
Scottsdale, AZ
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We have been staying at this motel every time we visit our granddaughters. For the ten years that we have chosen this locale, we have never been disappointed. The rooms are very clean and the recent upgrades to Best Western Plus have improved the furniture. The staff is always very pleasant and accommodating. The adjacent Denny's is probably the best Denny's that we have tried.

Room Tip: Parking on the weekends can be a problem, especially if the hotel is full. You will need to get the...
1 Thank hickory444
San Francisco, United States
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Not luxurious by any stretch, but very pleasant accommodations. Excellent, attentive staff, very clean room, convenient location to the San Fernando valley. A very good value, especially during the busy summer season.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay here. It is close to our son's apartment, so very convenient. The rooms are clean and easy to access. The staff is friendly. We enjoyed the hot tub, but the pool was too cold to use. We did have trouble finding a place to park when we came in late a night.

Dear Brenda K,

I am please you had enjoyed your stay with us. We continue to strive to provide a clean comfortable room for our guests, your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you for your feedback about the pool. I have informed our maintenance department to double check our equipment to make sure it is maintaining the proper temperature so that it provides the perfect comfort for our guests.

Richard
Assistant General Manager
Chicago, United States
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This is truly a great little hotel and close to highways...and direct route to LAX. Beautiful rooms and an excellent pool, friendly and helpful staff and spotless, spotless. Ample parking and a Denny's attached with interesting food and great coffee and drinks. I wont' look for anywhere else to stay in LA!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo